• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LeeFar
    replied
    Originally posted by Simone_ View Post
    Hi,
    I think now I have a combination of blepharitis and MGD... I also have a few bumps on my right eye...I have seb derm on my face. I go to an eye doctor a few times a year to treat this, but I think he has been to conservative because he never prescribed any oral antibiotic. I've been researching and Im interested in the Azasite.

Has anyone been using Azasite/ Azytromycin? Is there any oral antibiotic or somethign that can be used? Is that usually covered by insurance or are there generics?

SImone
    I've tried Azasite for MGD..it worked okay early on but then I guess I got used to it and it stopped working...it also burns really bad. The bottle is so small that its hard to use the correct dosage, I always ran out before I could renew my prescripition. If you've never tried it it's worth a shot. The oral meds usually given for MGD are doxycycline or minocycline..same meds they usually treat rosacea with..they're both pretty cheap even if your insurance doesn't cover it but I would imagine they would cover it..pretty standard medications.

Leave a comment:

• Question about azasite / Azytromicyn and such for blepharitis and mgd

Hi,
    I think now I have a combination of blepharitis and MGD... I also have a few bumps on my right eye...I have seb derm on my face. I go to an eye doctor a few times a year to treat this, but I think he has been to conservative because he never prescribed any oral antibiotic. I've been researching and Im interested in the Azasite.

Has anyone been using Azasite/ Azytromycin? Is there any oral antibiotic or somethign that can be used? Is that usually covered by insurance or are there generics?

SImone
Working...
X