Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

General poll: do ppl that have ocular rosacea have worse or better facial rosacea?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does warm compress irritate your eyes?

Hi,

Just thought i'd throw this in the mix. Was looking at Dry Eye Talk forum because my right eye is even more inflamed then usual as i've been using the warm compress for 2 days again.

It just makes my eye worse. I wondered if others experienced this, so I did a search. This is what I found.

http://www.dryeyezone.com/talk/showthread.php?t=3989

Basically you should still clear out the glands, but by using sufficient pressure and them compress.

I suppose it makes sense since it is inflammation we are dealing with!! For info, my LEFT eye has worse MGD then my right. But my right eye is more inflamed and has lesions under the eyelid making it look like i've been punched! Great look :/

I'm not saying this will work for everyone, but it might...

Comment

Hi

Absolutely the warm compresses wreak havoc with my already inflammed eyes!!!

Comment

Originally posted by sandra lee View Post
        Absolutely the warm compresses wreak havoc with my already inflammed eyes!!!
        Cool. So what do you do instead?

Not sure I totally understand how to clear the glands without heat?

PS - just realised I called you Sandy earlier. Sorry about that!

Comment

Make sure the warm compresses are not too hot and if it is irritating follow with cool compresses. If all else fails leave out the warm compresses and just massage the lids but the heat is very helpful for opening up the glands.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by moore778899 View Post
            Sandy, I'm sorry to hear your having such troubles. I can only sympathise!

It is so frustrating dealing with it. I have MGD and Bleph in both eyes, but my right eye has lesions over the eyelid (the think caused by allergies) but I cannot see this is the cause as the allergy eye drops did nothing.

Have you been tested for celiac disease? I hear some people have had success when they go on a gluten free diet. I have been tested and alas, this is not the problem.

I too have found the warm compress to be of little help and if anything irritates more. I shall try the drops Melissa recommends.

How did your eye problem progress?

There will be an answer of how to knock it into remission and as Melissa says, it'll be almost like you haven't got it. But it's a headache trying to find it!
            I was never tested for celiac disease but went on a wellness program which consisted of a strict gluten free diet and supplements for over a year and my condition continued to progress.

Mostly the eye irritation,blurriness and burning have worsened,but also so has the facial.

They have tried numerous antibiotics,topicals and drops and I do feel if only I could find the right docs I may have a chance to calm things down but that is way easier said than done unfortunately.

I wish you much improvement. Sandy

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that. I too and finding the same fate. It is very frustrating.

If you find something that works well for you please let me know and vice versa.

Have you tried the Q Tip (cotton bud) dot press (just where you firmly press along the eyelid margin in a press and release manor) technique? I tried it this morning and it is the first time I actually felt it was doing something.

Comment

Hi

Originally posted by moore778899 View Post
                I'm sorry to hear that. I too and finding the same fate. It is very frustrating.

If you find something that works well for you please let me know and vice versa.

Have you tried the Q Tip (cotton bud) dot press (just where you firmly press along the eyelid margin in a press and release manor) technique? I tried it this morning and it is the first time I actually felt it was doing something.
                Yes, I was doing the lid massage with the q-tip nightly and honestly my eyes were not any worse off for sure.I couldn't see it,but my boyfriend would watch me and he saw oil coming out.

My new Opth told me to stop as it was irritating my lids????? He also stopped the azasite on my lids and told me to stay on the restasis(which is really irritating at times)That was a month ago when he also said see you in 6 months!!! I'm going to start it up again though as I think my eyes felt a lot better and were not as red.

Comment

Could be worth a go.

I must admit the inflammation in my eyelid has gone down dramatically since I changed techniques.

I also put on a cold eye mask for 5 mins after the q tip method.

If you try this, I'd be interested to know if you get blurred vision for about 5 or so minutes after the cold compress??

Comment

Ocular rosacea

Originally posted by sandra lee View Post
                    Personally, my ocular symptoms are more severe and it is absolutely unnerving to deal with the horrid eye irritation.I have friends with facial rosacea only,and they can at least lead a somewhat normal life.I pray for us all.
                    I agree- the eyes are the worst. I have also developed neurogenic rosacea with hot flushing/pain in my face with swelling. My doctor had me try gabapentin (Neurontin), but I felt like I was on an acid trip--(if I could imagine how weird that would feel). I can't live like that. Have you found any relief with the eyes.

Comment

Originally posted by VB501 View Post
                      I agree- the eyes are the worst. I have also developed neurogenic rosacea with hot flushing/pain in my face with swelling. My doctor had me try gabapentin (Neurontin), but I felt like I was on an acid trip--(if I could imagine how weird that would feel). I can't live like that. Have you found any relief with the eyes.
                      You have dug up a thread that was started on December 5, 2010 which sandra lee responded to and you quote who made a total of 25 posts and her last post was on December 13, 2010 (post no 22) in this thread. The odds on sandra lee replying are slim to none. She is one of the 36,533 inactive members (36,890 members less the 357 Active members as of this date today) who don't post anymore. The rosaceans come and go talking about their rosacea woes. You may want to read this post about treatment for Phenotype 6.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
                      X