Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you accept your rosacea/redness/flush?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #46
    I like where this thread is going

    do i like it? Will i ever stop trying to make it better? Do i depend on a future cure? Hell no.
    do i accept it. Yes.
    The most important thing for me to remember is that i didnt choose to have this condition. Its not my fuking fault. I do what i can to make the best of it, and im not going to deprive myself of happiness or feel resentful in the meantime. Fuk what other people think. Not an easy task, but people like us have no choice. IT GETS EASIER, i promise you that! The more you realize how unhappy you are with it, the more aware you will be that you deserve to be happy also. Over time not giving a **** becomes second nature. At times i feel out of place and ugly, as if my ****ty complexion is the first thing people notice and that it comes to define me. Let it. Its not your fault. Let them judge. Let them look. Be happy anyway and embrace your personality, leave an impression and approach life on your own terms. Not calling anyone ugly here, but its not a crime to be ugly. Its not a sin to have a skin condition. Rosacea has brought me alot closer to myself and has helped me realize whats really important in my life. All this stuff i just said, this change of mind set, is not easy. In a way you are relearning how to live and be happy and content and it takes time. Im always working on it. All of you are much stronger than you think.

    Comment


    • #47
      Originally posted by fallout4 View Post
      do i like it? Will i ever stop trying to make it better? Do i depend on a future cure? Hell no.
      do i accept it. Yes.
      The most important thing for me to remember is that i didnt choose to have this condition. Its not my fuking fault. I do what i can to make the best of it, and im not going to deprive myself of happiness or feel resentful in the meantime. Fuk what other people think. Not an easy task, but people like us have no choice. IT GETS EASIER, i promise you that! The more you realize how unhappy you are with it, the more aware you will be that you deserve to be happy also. Over time not giving a **** becomes second nature. At times i feel out of place and ugly, as if my ****ty complexion is the first thing people notice and that it comes to define me. Let it. Its not your fault. Let them judge. Let them look. Be happy anyway and embrace your personality, leave an impression and approach life on your own terms. Not calling anyone ugly here, but its not a crime to be ugly. Its not a sin to have a skin condition. Rosacea has brought me alot closer to myself and has helped me realize whats really important in my life. All this stuff i just said, this change of mind set, is not easy. In a way you are relearning how to live and be happy and content and it takes time. Im always working on it. All of you are much stronger than you think.
      I am sorry, but I do not think I will ever accept this condition. Although I try to get on with things to the best of my ability, I cannot stop thinking what my life would have been like if I had not got this disease. For me, this journey is a nightmare, and will continue to be that way to the very end. I respect everyone else's opinion and I admire everyone's strength, but I have got to be honest and say I hate life as it is. I am sorry to be so negative, but that is the truth.

      burner.

      Comment


      • #48
        Originally posted by burner View Post
        I am sorry, but I do not think I will ever accept this condition. Although I try to get on with things to the best of my ability, I cannot stop thinking what my life would have been like if I had not got this disease. For me, this journey is a nightmare, and will continue to be that way to the very end. I respect everyone else's opinion and I admire everyone's strength, but I have got to be honest and say I hate life as it is. I am sorry to be so negative, but that is the truth.

        burner.
        You remind me of myself man. I feel for you in every way, even if im not in your shoes. What i wrote is not a cure all. It can be heartbreaking to say the least. Iv been through it and still am. At some point i got so utterly tired of caring about it and seeing that it has takin my life away, that i started to just accept the condition as a natural thing life has granted me with. Im doing what i can, but for now there is no waiting. I need my life back and peoples opinions are not going to take that away from me. Wish you luck brother. Your strong trust me.

        Comment


        • #49
          Originally posted by fallout4 View Post
          You remind me of myself man. I feel for you in every way, even if im not in your shoes. What i wrote is not a cure all. It can be heartbreaking to say the least. Iv been through it and still am. At some point i got so utterly tired of caring about it and seeing that it has takin my life away, that i started to just accept the condition as a natural thing life has granted me with. Im doing what i can, but for now there is no waiting. I need my life back and peoples opinions are not going to take that away from me. Wish you luck brother. Your strong trust me.
          Hi fallout,

          thanks for your supportive words. I know what you mean when you say you need your life back, I feel that too. I wish you good luck my friend, and I hope one day things will improve for us all.

          burner.

          Comment


          • #50
            I've watched myself change as a person in just the 3 months or so that I've been seeing symptoms (started late July - but initiated with seb derm in April). I ignore any attention from females, because I am not confident in myself (and really wasn't before rosacea anyway) - now I just completely ignore any messages I get on FB for example and things like that. My parents tell me to cut out alcohol but I insist it's not a trigger for me. Now I am going to try for awhile and see what happens.... that means basically no more hanging out with my friends. Sorry but I enjoyed drinking beer now it's basically forbidden (at least for me to try and rule things out).

            I even get hot playing video games at my PC, it must be the competitiveness of playing multiplayer games online or something. The only hobby I really have is now causing me to flush? I have a TV with no cable.... so basically I can watch netflix or sit in a chair and stair at my wall when I get home from work. My baseline face is now pinkish to red and I can see a clear outline where my eye socket normal complexion is and my normal complexion around my mouth. Derm seems clueless, what I was prescribed in September doesn't seem to be helping. It's definitely changing me for the worse. I already hate my job but now it's even harder since I don't want to look at people in the eyes. I need a new job but I fear I won't get past an interview due to my face. I honestly could see myself leaving my job and ultimately spiraling into homelessness since I wouldn't be able to afford my apt anymore (I can hardly afford it now WITH my job).

            So yeah, I will never accept this and I'm currently in the pity party stage. I've never seen anyone with this condition in real life and I can only keep asking myself 'why me?' The closest friends I have that I know don't judge and and that I've told just keep saying 'it could be worse - you could have cancer, etc' but that's bull****. Everyone's problems are serious to them and they have no idea what rosacea is like. I'm sick of hearing it.

            I have the worst attitude right now and I don't see it changing.

            Comment


            • #51
              I hate my life with rosacea. Before it occured I was confident, social and outgoing. I was very active and did a lot of physical activities. These have either stopped completely or been severely limited. I would prefer to only live another few years with a prerosacea face then a full life with the flushing and P&Ps

              Comment


              • #52
                I think I would also opt for trading let's say 15 years of my life for 2 rosacea free healthy years if given the choice.
                My rosacea related blog: http://scarletnat.blogspot.com/2012/...edication.html

                Comment


                • #53
                  I wish everyday that my life would end. This is no way to live....the constant diet restrictions, worrying about everything in your environment, not being able to socialize normally over dinner and drinks with friends, the constant burning face. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare.

                  Comment


                  • #54
                    Originally posted by Rosy_33 View Post
                    I wish everyday that my life would end. This is no way to live....the constant diet restrictions, worrying about everything in your environment, not being able to socialize normally over dinner and drinks with friends, the constant burning face. I feel like I'm living in a nightmare.
                    I am so sorry that you're going through such a rough time.
                    Take care,
                    Queta
                    "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
                    Ralph Waldo Emerson

                    Comment


                    • #55
                      Originally posted by queta View Post
                      I am so sorry that you're going through such a rough time.
                      Take care,
                      Queta
                      Thank you, Queta. I hope that one day this will get better for everyone.
                      <3

                      Comment


                      • #56
                        Originally posted by Rosy_33 View Post
                        Thank you, Queta. I hope that one day this will get better for everyone.
                        <3
                        Have you tried medication? Propranalol really helps me.

                        Comment


                        • #57
                          I was one of the lucky ones whose condition went into remission, due to a combination of good skincare products/routine and avoiding trigger foods. And then this year has been a gradual cascade of inflammation and sensitivity, culminating in quitting my job purely for the purpose of treating this condition & resetting my body.
                          ​​​

                          Nah, I'll never accept it.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X