Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brady Barrows
    replied
    Never heard of 'Mast Cell for autonomic flushing' so I googled it and got 'Systemic mastocytosis' which is as close as it gets as far as I know according to the Mayo Clinic. I then checked the RRDi differential diagnosis list and found it listed with the following info:

According to Izikson et al, "When evaluating patients with rosacea, it is important to exclude the diagnoses of polycythemia vera, photosensitive eruption, lupus erythematosus, mixed connective tissue disease, carcinoid syndrome, systemic mastocytosis, or side effects from long-term facial application of topical steroids."
    Blushing Propensity and Psychological Distress in People with Rosacea.
    Su D, Drummond PD.
    Clin Psychol Psychother. 2011 Jun 23. doi: 10.1002/cpp.763.

Hope this helps in your search. That is what the RRDi is all about, rosaceans helping rosaceans, all volunteers, and the data in logical categories with topics in logical places. Want to volunteer?

Leave a comment:

• beherenow
    started a topic Mast Cell Disease?

Mast Cell Disease?

Has anyone checked to see whether they have Mast Cell Disease?

I saw a new derm today and he was telling me that rosacea is pretty rare for people my age and suggested I have my GP examine other issues like Mast Cell for autonomic flushing. I thought my flushing was pretty normal for rosacea (heat, stress/anxiety, cardio, etc.). I've had my thyroid checked. Is it worth delving deeper?
Working...
X