Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone suffer from flushed feet and hands?

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Anyone suffer from flushed feet and hands?

    Anyone got a similar problem?

    I feel as though my condition is accustomed to body temperature regulation, and as a result I have an overactive nervous system reaction which causes over-vasodillation on my face, nose, hands and feet, when my body changes from cold to hot. I really can go from the extremes of cold/hot, and between these times, the body parts go from pale white to scarlet red.

    Whether this is a hormone imbalance, autoimmune reaction or whatever, I have no idea. I've just recently started going to my GP regarding this.

    I've attached a picture of my feet. And to be honest, the flare up does not do the condition justice. My feet are really red/purple in colour.

    But you know what, I could easily live with my hands and feet in this condition. It's the nose flushes that is the unbearable part of this condition. It's so uncomfortable.
    Attached Files

  • #2
    Originally posted by blueboat View Post
    Anyone got a similar problem?

    I feel as though my condition is accustomed to body temperature regulation, and as a result I have an overactive nervous system reaction which causes over-vasodillation on my face, nose, hands and feet, when my body changes from cold to hot. I really can go from the extremes of cold/hot, and between these times, the body parts go from pale white to scarlet red.

    Whether this is a hormone imbalance, autoimmune reaction or whatever, I have no idea. I've just recently started going to my GP regarding this.

    I've attached a picture of my feet. And to be honest, the flare up does not do the condition justice. My feet are really red/purple in colour.

    But you know what, I could easily live with my hands and feet in this condition. It's the nose flushes that is the unbearable part of this condition. It's so uncomfortable.
    Perfect summarisation of what Flushing is in a nutshell .

    As ive said on here about 100 times before . How come they haven't sorted this out by now . Its not rocket science .

    Surely theres some Specialist out there who can put 2 and 2 together and sort this Flushing out once and for all .


    Heres something to look at

    Flushing is caused by a change in temperature hence the hot room Flush

    Blushing is caused by embarrassment , Shyness


    Anyone with any thoughts ?
    Last edited by davekelly; 11 November 2014, 08:45 PM.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by davekelly View Post
      Perfect summarisation of what Flushing is in a nutshell .

      As ive said on here about 100 times before . How come they haven't sorted this out by now . Its not rocket science .

      Surely theres some Specialist out there who can put 2 and 2 together and sort this Flushing out once and for all .


      Heres something to look at

      Flushing is caused by a change in temperature hence the hot room Flush

      Blushing is caused by embarrassment , Shyness


      Anyone with any thoughts ?
      I've had this for around 12 years since I was 16, and always thought that mines was down to social anxiety.

      But then (only recently) wondered about it in days when I wasn't so bad with this condition (especially on face), where I can be the joker at the center of attention and thrive on it. Plus I play in a function band too and enjoy it. There was always something in my head thinking, this is not right at all.

      I'm out on site with the work today, in and out of a hot car, working alone totally relaxed noone bothering me, and after a few times of being exposed I start burning up. Face goes all tingly and hands are bright red.

      There is no doubt that embarrassing situations can bring bouts of it on, but that is the only natural thing about this condition. The flushing/constant tingling/pressure of body parts aren't. Something is not right.

      Anyway, my GP has put me on Oxytetracycline for 8 weeks, which in my opinion will give no improvement. My skin is fine, so I can't see this doing much good. After that the next step suggested was a Rheumatologist for autoimmune checks.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by blueboat View Post
        I've had this for around 12 years since I was 16, and always thought that mines was down to social anxiety.

        But then (only recently) wondered about it in days when I wasn't so bad with this condition (especially on face), where I can be the joker at the center of attention and thrive on it. Plus I play in a function band too and enjoy it. There was always something in my head thinking, this is not right at all.

        I'm out on site with the work today, in and out of a hot car, working alone totally relaxed noone bothering me, and after a few times of being exposed I start burning up. Face goes all tingly and hands are bright red.

        There is no doubt that embarrassing situations can bring bouts of it on, but that is the only natural thing about this condition. The flushing/constant tingling/pressure of body parts aren't. Something is not right.

        Anyway, my GP has put me on Oxytetracycline for 8 weeks, which in my opinion will give no improvement. My skin is fine, so I can't see this doing much good. After that the next step suggested was a Rheumatologist for autoimmune checks.
        I done all these checks 20 years ago and everything showed up fine . I see the same old bull**** checks they are dishing out to people now .

        They haven't come up with any new theories in the last 20 years why we Flush and how can we stop it

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by davekelly View Post
          I done all these checks 20 years ago and everything showed up fine . I see the same old bull**** checks they are dishing out to people now .

          They haven't come up with any new theories in the last 20 years why we Flush and how can we stop it
          Depressing you've been through it for so long. So what is your story Dave?

          What about hormones and any other tests?

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by blueboat View Post
            Depressing you've been through it for so long. So what is your story Dave?

            What about hormones and any other tests?
            Every test under the sun . Thyroid ,Hormones, H Pylori . Everything is Fine

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by davekelly View Post
              Every test under the sun . Thyroid ,Hormones, H Pylori . Everything is Fine
              How bad are your symptoms?

              In saying that I had H.Pylori Gastritis when I was around 14.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by blueboat View Post
                How bad are your symptoms?

                In saying that I had H.Pylori Gastritis when I was around 14.

                Its all under control ,But only because I created a Flush Free Zone Life .

                Work at home , I live by myself . I avoid all my tiggers as best I can .

                I never put anything near my face . only when I shave .

                Its the same scratched record for everyone here .

                Comment


                • #9
                  Here are my hands. Something not right eh?...

                  IMAG0074.jpgIMAG0072.jpg

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Hi,

                    My condition is somewhat the same. The main trigger for me is heat. Any warmth causes my ears to flush. Sometimes my palms and my soles also turn red. Say if I get into a warm bath - even luke warm, I start to get this. My hands and feet get back to normal pretty quickly- but my ears flush for hours causing so much discomfort. I am 57 years old and post menopausal. My blood pressure has been playing up lately and my GP thinks that could be the reason. Went for several blood tests, urine tests for thyroid, celiac. H Pylori, carcinoid syndrome. lupus , allergy tests etc etc - all seems fine. I am pretty sure this is autoimmune- I have a very weak stomach. It is practically dysfunctional. I have been an IBS sufferer for as long as I can remember. Have acidity and been taking PPIs for years. Some websites talk about some horrible condition called erythromelalgia. Could be that, but who knows ? The net outcome is only frustration and hopelessness.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      I get this when I'm very hot / stressed. My feet swell and get hot and flushed. So do my hands.
                      I also break out into a rash on my legs and thighs

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I get the red appearance on my hands sometimes. Personally, my hands do not feel hot at all when it happens; instead, my hands feel like ice. I never really noticed it until my boyfriend pointed it out to me one day. I asked my doctor about it, but he insisted that it is normal. I did not push it because he looked at me like I was a crazy person haha. It would not surprise me if this is somehow related to rosacea though.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Diagnosed with Raynaud's Phenomenon, then Acne Rosacea and Livedo Reticularis

                          My skin has also seemed see through, on my legs especially, since I was at least 12. My hands and feet are normally colder than average but it didn't bother me too much. The patterns on my legs progressively appeared on my arms although not as pronounced. My feet and hands have what I learned are called attacks, and turn red, purple, grey/blueish, then white or back to whatever color is more normal to them. As it worsened I was diagnosed with Raynaud's phenomenon and referred to a Rheumatologist. That was about 2 months ago. Last week I went to a Derm and was diagnosed with Rosacea and Livedo Reticularis. Blood work done to check for autoimmune function that may be causing all of this.
                          The attacks and flushing/blushing used to have a temperature or social situation trigger, now, there is no trigger, I look down and see purple feet or one of my children ask me why my ear is purple and my face so red......
                          fingers crossed for a good phone call regarding blood work. I don't want all my symptoms to be related, its scary. I am only 30, I have dealt with this for 20 years, 10 of those years I had no clue there was a name for what I have. I thought I was just pale with sensitive skin and now terrified about a rheumatic or autoimmune condition.
                          But my purple hair match my hands and feet.....so that's my rainbow!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Your not alone, for me however they are never cold to the touch and always radiate heat even if they aren't flushed.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Dave, do you find that because of your lifestyle you do not want a partner, or are fearful of a relationship? I ask because, in my current state, I could never venture out for fear of rejection and sadness


                              Originally posted by davekelly View Post
                              Its all under control ,But only because I created a Flush Free Zone Life .

                              Work at home , I live by myself . I avoid all my tiggers as best I can .

                              I never put anything near my face . only when I shave .

                              Its the same scratched record for everyone here .

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X