Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here - subtype 1 rosacea, trialling Remeron and Clonidine under Dr Chu's care

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kill View Post
    Hi Madhatter,
    My suggestion is strenghten your skin barrier A multivitamin for starter if you can handle them and you're not already taking any. To me it sounds as if you're having a mite allergy, even more so since you're allergic to dust mites and cat dander. It can get worse at night (heat, humidity, stress) so that's a hint. If you haven't tried something like tea tree oil to get rid of your own mites that would be the best way to start, simply adding a few drops to your facial cream and then increasing it.

Histamine rich food might contribute a lot, I've always been eating an anti histamine diet, but it seems as if I have to go even further. Since you do have pollen allergy that might worsen your symtoms during that season. What type/s of pollen are you allergic to?
    Are you aware of cross reactions to food while being allergic to pollen?

Best of luck!
    Hey Kill, thanks for your input! Yes I agree I need to strengthen my skin barrier - it is extremely sensitive at the moment and my flare ups are very random. I can go to bed with perfect skin and wake up a hot flaming mess. I've been taking various different OTC antihistamines (and have also tried natural ones like Quercetin) and doing things like washing my bedding frequently, using dust mite covers etc, getting a new pillows and mattress but none of this seems to make much of a difference. I'll do some reading on tea tree oil and other mite remedies on the forum - the only thing is I'm quite afraid to put it on my skin as it's so sensitive and reactive at the moment.

The type of pollen I am sensitive to is called Timothy Grass (it was a very specific test). The IgE test didn't show up any food allergies but I'm aware you can have food sensitivities without being strictly "allergic" - having said that, I haven't noticed any particular sensitivities (although alcohol and thermally hot foods seem to be a trigger, so I have cut out alcohol and try to let my food cool before eating). It is definitely worth experimenting with low histamine foods in my diet I think though.

Thanks again!

Comment

Originally posted by madhatter View Post
      Hey Kill, thanks for your input! Yes I agree I need to strengthen my skin barrier - it is extremely sensitive at the moment and my flare ups are very random. I can go to bed with perfect skin and wake up a hot flaming mess. I've been taking various different OTC antihistamines (and have also tried natural ones like Quercetin) and doing things like washing my bedding frequently, using dust mite covers etc, getting a new pillows and mattress but none of this seems to make much of a difference. I'll do some reading on tea tree oil and other mite remedies on the forum - the only thing is I'm quite afraid to put it on my skin as it's so sensitive and reactive at the moment.

The type of pollen I am sensitive to is called Timothy Grass (it was a very specific test). The IgE test didn't show up any food allergies but I'm aware you can have food sensitivities without being strictly "allergic" - having said that, I haven't noticed any particular sensitivities (although alcohol and thermally hot foods seem to be a trigger, so I have cut out alcohol and try to let my food cool before eating). It is definitely worth experimenting with low histamine foods in my diet I think though.

Thanks again!
      The only way you can do that my friend is to leave your face alone for a month ..

Put nothing near your face .Don't even wash your face . Take the best omega 3,6,9 blend you can get your hands on

I guarantee you will see a huge difference .

Comment

There was a thread here, I think, about someone with asthma that cut wheat and got rid of both rosacea and asthma. If you're going to cut grains it gets difficult to test for celiac disease afterwards. It includes all sorts of symptoms, not only the most common ones you read about, it can also be a silent celiac disease with no symptoms. However, since you then have to be strict about gluten it is nice to know.

Other allergies can also affect you at night time.

I would at least cut candy for a while since the sugar often derive from grass, no nutrients lost. I would eat less grass (grains, rice, corn), especially during pollen season. Food sensitivities can be severe even if they're usually not if measured by ambulance rides. They can cause inflammation in the colon. What I could find was that wheat, grains, tomato, peanut, peas, soy, onion, melon could be linked to grass pollen allergy. And shellfish, clam, oyster, snail to mite allergy.

Coconut is rich in histamine.

Since you do have asthma perhaps TTO isn't the best product. The strangest thing, after a while with TTO my skin wasn't dry anymore. Still, salt might be better?

Comment

Re: Treatment of subtype 1 rosacea

Originally posted by davekelly View Post
          Is there any chance of you putting up a photo of one side of your face . So I will know what Im dealing with here

Because subtype 1 Rosacea [Flushing] doesn't need any medication or creams. You just need to leave your face alone and do your best to avoid your triggers

heated rooms etc, No medication on earth will solve that one [heated room flushing] for you or anyone else .
          As a 30-year sufferer of Subtype 1, you MUST treat the symptoms with either tetracyclines or Laser treatment! Laser treatments done on a regular basis will help!

If you don't treat it, it WILL worsen, and you don't want that, believe me!https://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea...ies/nowink.gif

Comment

Working...
          X