Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Permanent red cheeks, pills didn't work, what to do?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Permanent red cheeks, pills didn't work, what to do?

Hi guys I'm 16 years old and my cheeks are permanently red. Doesn't matter the weather even when I'm feeling perfectly relaxed my cheeks are bright red. I went to the doc who diagnosed me with Rosacea and gave me doxycycline pills. I one a day for a month and noticed no change at all. At this point I have no idea what else I can do but accept this horrible disease.

Any suggestions on what to try next?

Welcome to the forum! I'm 15 and I have rosacea and seb derm. I have permanent pinkness on my skin now. Do you know all your triggers? I've never tried doxycycline pills but in my case creams and pills don't help me. You won't notice change in one day everything takes time. Have you tried any creams? How long have you had rosacea? It would be helpful to find out what caused the rosacea and what makes it worse. Also try having a healthy diet and lifestyle. Relaxing and learning to control stress has helped my rosacea. This forum will be soo helpful, you can message me whenever.

Comment

Originally posted by redfacegirl View Post
      Welcome to the forum! I'm 15 and I have rosacea and seb derm. I have permanent pinkness on my skin now. Do you know all your triggers? I've never tried doxycycline pills but in my case creams and pills don't help me. You won't notice change in one day everything takes time. Have you tried any creams? How long have you had rosacea? It would be helpful to find out what caused the rosacea and what makes it worse. Also try having a healthy diet and lifestyle. Relaxing and learning to control stress has helped my rosacea. This forum will be soo helpful, you can message me whenever.
      Hey redfacegirl, I don't really know my triggers all i know is that I cant get rid of these red cheeks 24/7. It's been about 6 months since I took the pills and still nothings really changed. I've never tried creams I guess that's where I should start. I've had rosacea for probably a year and a half now. Thanks for the suggestions I'll definitely start eating healthier.

Comment

VBEAM laser works best for getting rid of persistent redness as it destroys the problematic blood vessels causing it, if this a road you want to go down.

Comment

Originally posted by wicksyx View Post
          VBEAM laser works best for getting rid of persistent redness as it destroys the problematic blood vessels causing it, if this a road you want to go down.
          Only laser can help. Neither pills nor topicals can significantly improve your condition.
          You have to address your blood vessels first.

Comment

Working...
          X