No announcement yet.

doctor recommendations -- New York City Area

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

thank you for your response. i called his office, and it is true that he does not take insurance. the search continues...

does anybody have any other recommendations?

Comment

True ghost but none of the derms I have seen in the past are willing to consider the

Low dose accutane route and he is if the oracea doesn't work...

Comment

Originally posted by jaymee33 View Post
        Low dose accutane route and he is if the oracea doesn't work...
        I wish you luck. Have you done the cleansings and the no-carb? I went through the antibiotics AND the accutane when I didn't know better. I wish I'd known then what I know now.
        "It's all illusion anyway."

Comment

hey ghost, no i haven't done a cleansing or no carb. my skin problem is more of a

tissue overgrowth from years of rosacea flare ups. my actual rosacea is kept under control the past couple of years by vbeam and finacea topical. however, i noticed my nose looks larger on the left and not symmetrical. dr. cohen said it could be the beginning stages of fibrosis (tissue overgrowth from inflammation and swelling). according to all the research i have done, and speaking to a fellow rosacean who had beginning stages of rhinophyma...the only effective treatment is low dose accutane (can decrease nasal volume and shrink tissue), or co2 laser. dr. cohen suggested the oracea first b/c of fewer side effects than the accutane. i figured i would try it to see if it helps first. accutane next, then co2 last resort. i don't really have any diet triggers that i noticed. i have emotional flushing that comes and leaves quickly and really no paps anymore b/c of the finacea. i am now only trying to reduce the nasal tissue. was your experience similar or were you treating paps and redness?

Comment

Originally posted by jaymee33 View Post
            tissue overgrowth from years of rosacea flare ups. my actual rosacea is kept under control the past couple of years by vbeam and finacea topical. however, i noticed my nose looks larger on the left and not symmetrical. dr. cohen said it could be the beginning stages of fibrosis (tissue overgrowth from inflammation and swelling). according to all the research i have done, and speaking to a fellow rosacean who had beginning stages of rhinophyma...the only effective treatment is low dose accutane (can decrease nasal volume and shrink tissue), or co2 laser. dr. cohen suggested the oracea first b/c of fewer side effects than the accutane. i figured i would try it to see if it helps first. accutane next, then co2 last resort. i don't really have any diet triggers that i noticed. i have emotional flushing that comes and leaves quickly and really no paps anymore b/c of the finacea. i am now only trying to reduce the nasal tissue. was your experience similar or were you treating paps and redness?
            Oops, my computer closed down as I was cogitating here. Let's see -- I had very bad redness. I mean remarkable. I mean I looked like a STOP sign. On top of that I had red lines: my cheeks looked like I was hit in the face with a jellyfish. Repeatedly. The drug therapies did squat. Lasers served to clean my face of this sickening debris (although my skin kept having more produced -- more lines and redness); it was very temporary. My nose had lots of red lines, little fissures, little holes, too (it's not a big nose) and still bears the deeper scarring, although it's not so obvious now that my skin is healthy. I healed my skin using common sense, only it took a long time for this commonsensical dawn to break.
            "It's all illusion anyway."

Comment

Originally posted by Ghost View Post
              Oops, my computer closed down as I was cogitating here. Let's see -- I had very bad redness. I mean remarkable. I mean I looked like a STOP sign. On top of that I had red lines: my cheeks looked like I was hit in the face with a jellyfish. Repeatedly. The drug therapies did squat. Lasers served to clean my face of this sickening debris (although my skin kept having more produced -- more lines and redness); it was very temporary. My nose had lots of red lines, little fissures, little holes, too (it's not a big nose) and still bears the deeper scarring, although it's not so obvious now that my skin is healthy. I healed my skin using common sense, only it took a long time for this commonsensical dawn to break.

GHOST - did you ever suffer from artificial lights as a trigger? Fluorescent lights, computer screens, etc?? If so, did it get better after going low carb and doing the face cleaning?
              Doug

Comment

Went w/ dr harvey jay

After researching doctors for years, I decided to go w Dr Jay for Rosacea treatment about 1.5 months ago and I'm happy with the results so far... When I consulted with other doctors in NYC I found out that it's not always the doctor who treats you, but usually the doctor treats you the first visit and then either a nurse or a PA treats you during the following visits under the doctor's "supervision" aka after the first visit you'll never see the doctor again. I chose dr jay bc he's the only one who treats his patients with Rosacea... I figure if I'm going to a doctor in NYC and paying NYC prices, I better rest assured that a doctor will be the one treating my face.

Really appreciate everyone's feedback on here... It was really informative and helped me make my decision!!

Good luck everyone!

Comment

Some advise needed

I have already done some ipl and excel v for my rosacea with mild results and I am looking to get a vbeam done this year in New York.

Do some members have recommendations?

I have done some small research to find a good derm in the city. Do some members in NY have got a vbeam done with one of those docs below?

Dr. Khorasani
                  Dr. Dennis Gross
                  Dr. Ron M. Shelton
                  Dr. Roy G. Geronemus
                  DR. ANNE CHAPAS
                  Dr. Manhattan Center for Dermatology

Thanks a lot

Comment

Had my first vbeam with Dr. Geronemus. I will say first that he is an excellent doctor. That being said he is also an arrogant jerk. I waited close to 3 hours in the waiting room. Then I had to see 2 of the doctors that he has training under him. Then he arrived and said "there is not much he can do". Then took me in and gave me a treatment (bruising) without telling me what to expect. Said I would need a lot more . Paid (in 2003) $1000.00.The problem with New York City Derms is that they only really care about their celebrity clients. I did much better going out of the city. If your Rosacea is not really severe I would recommend Ross Levy in Mt Kisco. But I have not seen him in over 5 years. Check him and all of these guys out on patient review sites. Sometimes the non celebrity patients have a different story to tell. OAs I recall before ratemd got rid of all the old reviews Shelton was not well liked. Good luck

Comment

Working...
                    X