Doctors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doctors

I typed in doctors and couldn't find what is was looking for. Is there a list of doc/derms that specialize or actually care about rosacea???? I believe we have all been frustrated at on time or another walking into a docs office and them trying to hand you a tube of metro gel and calling it good.if they don't read it out of the galderma handbook ,,, than they don't know. I need to see a doc that understands that the burning,inching, swelling and irritation is actually a real medical problem. Anyone know of any dogs that care and want to help????

Hi there and welcome to the RF.

It would help if you told us where you are located and/or willing to travel to.
    I can offhand recommend Dr Tony Chu at Hammersmith hospital in the UK (and Dr Crouch for laser/IPL treatment but I don't think you are in need of that yet).

Best,
    Melissa

Comment

I live in California. Central califorina. I had 10 ipls done by patrick bitter in Los gatos 10 yrs ago.

Comment

OK, I am going to move your thread to the appropriate region section and perhaps someone has recommendations for you.

Have you tried any of the major teaching hospitals near you? They often have the best and the brightest.

I love California weather- you are so lucky as we are freezing here in NYC right now. Brrrrrrrr!

Comment

Michelle Pelle, M.D.

Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD, SOM,
          Med Derm
          4065 Third Ave, Suite 102
          San Diego, CA 92103
          http://irosacea.org/mac.php#pelle

Jerry Darm, M.D.

Aesthetic Medicine Physicians & Surgeons
          9735 SW Shady Lane Suite 203
          Portland, OR 97223
          http://irosacea.org/mac.php#darm
          Brady Barrows
          Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa W View Post
            OK, I am going to move your thread to the appropriate region section and perhaps someone has recommendations for you.

Have you tried any of the major teaching hospitals near you? They often have the best and the brightest.

I love California weather- you are so lucky as we are freezing here in NYC right now. Brrrrrrrr!

I have only been to a few docs for my condition. I have had rosacea for 17 years. I had 10 ipl's done about ten years ago and it really worked for me. It pretty much put my rosacea into remission for ten years. But last yr I got devorced and my rosacea came back from the stress. Up until that point I lived pretty much stress free. I have tried 3 ipls since my devorce but my skin is way too sensitive from the flushing at this time. So I need to find a doc that can stop the flushing. I don't really get breakouts from my rosacea unless I have a real bad flush that last a couple of days.and by the way the weather here is cold, with my skin can handle the sun and the heat(I work outside), better than the cold.And I remember going to a derm at Stanford university and the miss diagnosed me with Serb derm.

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
              Michelle Pelle, M.D.

Assistant Clinical Professor, UCSD, SOM,
              Med Derm
              4065 Third Ave, Suite 102
              San Diego, CA 92103
              http://irosacea.org/mac.php#pelle

Jerry Darm, M.D.

Aesthetic Medicine Physicians & Surgeons
              9735 SW Shady Lane Suite 203
              Portland, OR 97223
              http://irosacea.org/mac.php#darm

Thank you. I will have to try the one in San Diego. It gives me a reason to go visit one of the most beautiful city's in the world

Comment

Working...
              X