This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTIT dumps Nase

Nase has been dumped by the RTIT. According to his website, he has accepted a position in Indianapolis as a laser technician to treat Rosacea.

He said this was the next logical step in his career. Which way, down, backwards?

Will you be the first one to be treated by the infamous Rosacea Expert?

Scary with a capital S.
    Last edited by Munch Ausen; 1 May 2008, 06:18 PM.

This guy is unbelievable. To think that I almost trusted this man in helping me conquer this condition.
    "Tomorrow the sun will rise. Who knows what the tide could bring?"

Comment

Have you got a link?? I can't find that on his website.

Comment

Originally posted by Munch Ausen View Post
        Nase has been dumped by the RTIT. According to his website, he has accepted a position in Indianapolis as a laser technician to treat Rosacea.

He said this was the next logical step in his career. Which way, down, backwards?

Will you be the first one to be treated by the infamous Rosacea Expert?

Scary with a capital S.
        It sure looks that way doesn't it. Strange because a couple of days previous he was crowing as usual about all the wonderful cutting edge stuff at the RTIT and claiming the web site was being re-developed to accommodate it all. Looks like the only cutting going on was HIM and what a shock it must have been to get the tin tack. If you go onto their site now Nase just doesn't exist - period.

I don't believe his BS that he has a new position already and what a come down for Mr Rosacea if all he can get is a laser technician role on the same level as the people he mocked in his depo, as being able to do it without any qualifications, just a few hours training. Well he will be down the job centre soon and finding out what it really is like to have to work for a living.

Seems like Nielson may have seen sense and realised that being associated with a fraud like Nase wasn't exactly going to enhance his reputation. Of course maybe someone did complain to the authorities and possibly they were forced to step in and take some action. There is no way this maniac should be allowed to treat the public and I hope anybody considering giving him a job, checks out his real background out first.

Comment

I think you need some sort of training to be a laser technician but I am not sure about what the requiremens are in Indianapolis. This is just another reason I will only let a derm/ MD treat me with laser!
          Last edited by Melissa W; 1 May 2008, 10:13 PM.

Comment

I asked the lady who did my face with Gemini, she took a day course...

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

That's why only dermatologists/MD's are allowed to VBeam me...not that
              that's any guarantee as we all know...

Comment

From his home page:

Rosacea Treatment Center of Indiana:
                I have accepted a position to personally treat rosacea sufferers in Indianapolis with: (1) Multi-plexed lasers, (2) Green Light Therapy that physically removes damaged blood vessels & 'calms' down hyper-reactive vessels , and (3) Microiontophoresis in combination with Sonophoresis; these physically heal the upper dermal layers as well as turn off inflammatory enzymes key to rosacea redness and flushing.
                This was the logical next step for my career and a very exciting opportunity as it is a partnership agreement with two fellow Dermatologists from Medical Academia and it allows me to utilize multiple treatment modalities in a truly collaborative effort to address all 5 rosacea subtypes and symptoms.
                Medical Academia was where I started my career and through my travels and learning experiences, it has always been the place best suited for my training due to the technology, collaboration, sharing of information, cultivating relationships within multiple medical disciplines, and the resultant grants and publications.
                He added the Medical Academia fluff today. Must have been reading this post.. no surprise.

Comment

"fellow dermatologists" implies he's a derm for pete's sake.

"Medical Academia was where I started my career" but through bad choices and discreditable behavior I find myself downgraded to a laser tech.

C'est la vie!

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Twickle Purple View Post
                    but through bad choices and discreditable behavior I find myself downgraded to a laser tech.
                    Hilarious !!

Comment

If he has a regular job and is getting psychological help of some kind, I'd say he's on the right track. Mental illness isn't funny, and I think this man has some very real problems. But no one (except murderers, etc.) is beyond redemption... and it sounds like he's doing the right thing.

It has been said that he hides behind the internet all day, and that his rosacea is not under control; but if he has a regular job interacting with people, then either those criticisms are wrong, or, even if they've been right in the past, he's now attempting to move in a better direction.

I also reached a low point in my life, and I understand the feeling of, "well there must be a path I can take" because otherwise there is no hope. Maybe our impressions of him were formed at his low point. I hope so. I know that for myself, a social context (college) has helped me even though it can be scary. So I personally hope that his new job is part of a healing process, of getting back "out there".

There's nothing wrong with discussing Nase or his past, but it's the gossipy, schadenfreude tone that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
                      KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

Originally posted by Munch Ausen View Post
                        From his home page:

He added the Medical Academia fluff today. Must have been reading this post.. no surprise.

This is what he put up the day before:

"I have accepted a position to personally treat rosacea sufferers in Indiana with (1) multiplexed lasers, (2) green light therapy (which constricts & physical -ly removes blood vessels), and (3) microiontophoresis in combination with Sonophoresis (which physically heals the upper dermal layers as well as turns off inflammatory enzymes key to rosacea flushing).
                        This was the logical next step in my career and a very exciting opportun-ity. I will be posting updates when my training is finished and I am in the saddle."

Sounds like he is learning to ride a horse to me? Probably still pretending he is in Texas with all the Cowboys!

Comment

Originally posted by Steve95301 View Post
                          If he has a regular job and is getting psychological help of some kind, I'd say he's on the right track. Mental illness isn't funny, and I think this man has some very real problems. But no one (except murderers, etc.) is beyond redemption... and it sounds like he's doing the right thing.

It has been said that he hides behind the internet all day, and that his rosacea is not under control; but if he has a regular job interacting with people, then either those criticisms are wrong, or, even if they've been right in the past, he's now attempting to move in a better direction.

I also reached a low point in my life, and I understand the feeling of, "well there must be a path I can take" because otherwise there is no hope. Maybe our impressions of him were formed at his low point. I hope so. I know that for myself, a social context (college) has helped me even though it can be scary. So I personally hope that his new job is part of a healing process, of getting back "out there".

There's nothing wrong with discussing Nase or his past, but it's the gossipy, schadenfreude tone that leaves a bad taste in my mouth.
                          Gee Steve, very noble of you. I think it's great that you're doing well in school and life is going well for you.

Pardon my faulty memory though, but weren't you the same guy that posted the 'homemade' Youtube videos of Nase, etc.? Bit hypocritical, or have you 'turned the other cheek'?

PS. Thanks for the link, saves time in case we have to look up that big word!
                          Last edited by Twickle Purple; 2 May 2008, 06:16 AM.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

I agree with Steve. It is most defintely time to move on.

Comment

Originally posted by phlika29 View Post
                              I agree with Steve. It is most defintely time to move on.
                              Hello Sarah

I don’t.

Its post like Steve’s that makes me wonder why I bother and maybe he has fallen into the same fantasy world that Nase lives in.

Whether he is mentally ill or not, some individuals seem to have forgotten about the damage Nase has done to the Rosacea Society and the people he has bullied, threatened, intimidated and tricked over the years in his quest to make a lucrative living from the misery of others. There is also evidence around to suggest he has been involved in a recruiting / advertising campaign to push people into having ETS surgery that they don’t need.

Despite what others think I get no satisfaction from writing about this man or poking fun at his lunacy. I do get some satisfaction however when I hear that I have made someone think twice about taking his advice or spending money based on his suggestions and that they have actually taken time out to read about the history of this guy. Remember people still stumble onto his web site and think he is genuine. Hopefully they might do some more searching, come across the DB site or posts on here and then realize he is a fraud.

Having Nase being in a position to treat members of the public with a laser fills me with horror and I sincerely hope someone can prevent this from happening.

Thanks

Peter

Comment

Working...
                              X