Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you want changed/added to this forum?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you want changed/added to this forum?

I haven't been paying much attention to this forum lately, so I am posting this to gauge what people want changed in this forum.

For anyone new to the site I am the person that fixes things if they break and can add new features to the forum.

Also if there is anyone with knowledge of [[PHP]] and/or [[phpBB]] and wants to help out then get in contact with me.

Warren

I'm a member of another forum group (music related) and they appear to have more options when posting messages. This is not ofcourse strictly necessary but it makes it appear more modern.

For example:

Insert Special Item

change fonts

change Sizes

Align left/right/centre

In other words it almost looks like a toolbar.

Ofcourse not relevant to helping the board and probably loads of time to set up.

Comment

Where did the interviews and skin product reviews and everything go from the main page????

at rosaceagroup.org???

I really liked that stuff, and it looks like it was taken down a little while back. It would be nice to have that stuff again.
      Subtype-1: Cheek and ear flushing
      Currently: IPL

Comment

Ability to print a page would be good.

Jen
        Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotoz
          Ability to print a page would be good.

Jen
          Thats a very good idea.

Comment

The ability to print via a print icon would be useful.

What happened to the "view new posts title" covering all the main groups? Mine has disapeared since Tuesday?

Thanks

Peter

Comment

I wish we had a way to clean up the forum a little bit (for mods) to have the ability to combine threads.

I'm sure we are all guilty of not searching the forum before posting at sometime or another, but if you have rosacea, you can guarantee the subject has been talked about in detail in about 10 or more other threads on this forum.

I feel if the info was in one thread people will find more info in one spot.
              I know the people who have spent the time typing about a subjct are going to be a little less descriptive in the next post...then the next..and the next.

Examples.
              Makeup Foundation to cover redness....beating a dead horse.
              Eucerin, Finacea, metrogels, mineral makeup, triggers, so on and so forth.

There is some amazing info in some of the older threads.
              I just wish we can all search a little before posting the same topic again that is on the very next page.
              Ann

Comment

Hi Ann,
                I understand what you're saying but I also wouldn't want to discourage people from asking questions that have aready been asked in the past.

A big part of this forum is the personal touch and being able to ask your specific questions and getting support from the members.

I agree it's a good idea to do a search first but then to be able to go ahead and start your own thread for the personal answer and support.

I know when I first started and had questions about VBeam reading the archives wasn't good enough. I needed one on one communication and it helped me greatly. In a way that just reading the archives did not.

Just my thoughts on this topic.

Best wishes,
                Melissa

Comment

Poles that allow multiple selections, please.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Twickle Purple
                    Don't we already have that? I'm not sure what you mean, TP?

Jen
                    Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

Originally posted by redhotoz
                      Originally posted by Twickle Purple
                      Don't we already have that? I'm not sure what you mean, TP?

Jen
                      The ability to select more than one answer. Presently the polls only allow one choice to be selected. I find that limiting and would use the polling feature more if there was an option when setting up a poll for whether to allow respondents single or multiple selections.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

Ah hah! Now I know what you mean - multiple choice answers. Good idea!

Jen

Comment

If there is a MOD that allows Flash content to be inserted, that would be sweet.

I can make nice Flash videos but can't upload them to YouTube because it won't accept that format.

(What made me think of it is that in the RS forum it says "[flash] is OFF")
                          KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

I set up the IPB forum for the RRDi, and it (the software) is really pretty sweet. With the converter scripts they provide, it's easy to transfer phpBB content to the IPB database.

Warren, what do you think about upgrading to IPB?

It's only ~$150, and I don't think it would be too hard to get people to pitch in to cover the cost.

I'll pitch in $15.

Edit: It looks like they got the blog plugin working, finally. It's an additional $50, but I think there are a lot of features, like setting permissions for who can view your blog, etc. I've always thought member blogs would be cool.
                            KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

Originally posted by phlika29
                              Warren

I'm a member of another forum group (music related) and they appear to have more options when posting messages. This is not ofcourse strictly necessary but it makes it appear more modern.

For example:

Insert Special Item

change fonts

change Sizes

Align left/right/centre

In other words it almost looks like a toolbar.

Ofcourse not relevant to helping the board and probably loads of time to set up.
                              I will look at adding a WSYWIG editor to change fonts etc

Comment

Working...
                              X