This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by clsykes00
    While you're at it, produce pictures of your rosacea Peter, especially since the potential ocular symptoms I saw aren't reality.
    I thought you said you werent question the genuinity of his rosacea?

Im certainly not sticking up for Peter. He is a big boy. He picks his own fights, and from what Iv read, he ends most of them too!

But I find it difficult to read stuff like that Trey for someone whom I respect. You are an intelligent man, am Im positive you can debate without having to resort to such low brow tactics.

Perhaps Peter is lying about you, I dont know for a fact either way. But it would be nice to think that you could debate with him head on rather than flicking little bits of cack his way.

We all have rosacea here, thats just an given. And even if Peter didnt, Im not sure what relevance that pays to this particular debate? If it is relevant, Id be most grateful for an explanation of how.

BB

Comment

• We all know how difficult it is to live day to day with rosacea but maybe others can see what can be achieved if you don’t give up.
      Absolutely, it is very difficult. So many things to consider before, so much extra planning to do even the most simple tasks. Fortunately, I have been lucky enough to bring my rosacea to a hault in terms of progression. And Im finding my new experiments into skincare and cosmetics products to be most rewarding. So hopefully things are lucking up.

The work that Iv put into this has been immense! But fortunately, time is never wasted and Iv learned alot about myself in the process.

Who knows, perhaps I will find success at the hand of the RLT machine as so many here seem to be doing. Iv done IPL, Iv done botox... might as well give this a blast. Im sure it cant be (at worst) as potentially hazardous as either of the above treatments.

Lets see.

I promise to smile when you tell me one day you are in remission and even more when you open up your wallet and buy that pint of Stella you promised me
      I tell you what, the day I bring my rosacea down to size I hope to buy EVERYONE a beer.

You, me, Nase, TP, my lil chica VG... everyone! We shall have to give rosacea the send off it deserves.

BB

Comment

• Trey,

Have you a concept of a support forum?

We do not have to prove anything.

We have nothing to prove.

We share our experiences.

In the course of doing so, we hope we are creating a safe environment for others to come and share as well.

This is a tough condition, and it is heartwarming and strengthening to have others to talk to and learn from.

There are many very good people here, many people do and try different things. It is through the sharing of their experiences that we can learn.

All you appear to do is mount pseudo attacks. There is no logic or reason in that.

I think long ago you were someone who had sound judgement, something happened and now it seems you are just angry at the world.

This is a support forum Trey. Maybe if you lost your anger you could appreciate the support. It seems you could use some.

Twickle Purple

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

• Hi Peter!
          Omg! Who’s told you about me? It’s that rambunctious Mr. Bear, I’m sure!

Thanks for your welcome, Peter. I truly appreciate it. I admit to being a little hesitant to join this forum because unlike you, I’m not a rosacean, I’m a blusher/flusher. But no one is perfect, right? And who knows, I may be a pre-rosacean if there is such a thing, so they’re still hope for me.

Even so, I hope I can help a little although admittedly, I can’t even begin to compete with the amount of knowledge many members of this board possess regarding Rosacea and treatments. I can tell you about a med, how it works in the approved indications but that’s about it! Anything else is nothing more than an educated guess. I’ve tried to educate myself a bit on Rosacea but the more I read, the less that I feel I know! I’m sure that many of you actually ‘teach’ your own derms about Rosacea and the best options available for you. Notice the name: VickyGirl, not DrVic. My advice is done from my narrow point of view and limited knowledge. I have a Dr before my name at my workplace, but not here. No way.

I learned about this forum as a result of my ESFB post. As you know, I was simply trying to help another member who couldn’t afford Lyrica to consider other available options. I had NO idea that I was stepping on someone’s toes! I’d never heard of “that person” and thought it hilarious that one of his supporters accused me of having an agenda. Fu-nny! In my mind anyone promoting one drug over another MUST have an agenda and NOT the other way around.

It was so interesting because at the time of my post, my hospital system’s “Pharmacy and Therapeutics” committee was getting ready to address an issue in regards to pregabalin. (We try to use only the chemical name and not the brand, to avoid unintended advertising) This “P&T group” is composed of pharmacists, nurses and physicians. If any member has received a stipend or remuneration for a particular drug company they must disclose it and in many cases, will be asked to resign from the committee. This group must be as unbiased as possible because they decide which drugs will be carried by the system. This often translates to millions of dollars depending on the use of a particular medication. For example, if there are several medications of a particular class with very similar action the P&T committee must decide on a few. So, armed with published studies in reputable journals, factors like efficacy, safety and finally cost are reviewed. Then, this committee selects one or two out of the many. When a prescriber writes for any of the other drugs or “non-formulary”, then we are authorized by the medical staff to exchange it for the “formulary alternative”.
          I’m writing all this because at the time of my ‘Lyrica post’, we were assessing Lyrica (pregabalin) to be added to our systemwide formulary in addition to Neurontin (gabapentin) and it was decided that the only reason to add Lyrica would be the faster onset of action for neuropathic pain. As may already know, neuropathies are chronic conditions and are properly managed in the community setting, not the hospital. The average patient stays in the hospital for 3-4 days and chronic conditions are seldom given a great focus, as the acute conditions are addressed first and foremost. Therefore, my P&T committed denied pregabalin and left gabapentin on the formulary. It doesn’t mean that one is better than the other but that pregabalin hadn’t proven a need to be added. Physicans writing for pregabalin are notified that their patients will be given gabapentin, unless the need for pregabalin was proven and documented to be “life or limb-threatening”. We didn’t have any.

Once medical school training is over, unless a physician makes an effort to learn and study further, most of their medication knowledge will come straight from the drug companies or even worse, mini-trials sponsored by the drug companies. Is that really unbiased? The trademark of a true medical professional should be their open-mindedness, honesty and unbiased nature. Otherwise, they might as well join the ranks of the Drug/Pharmaceutical Company Reps and get paid a full salary. If a physician refuses to listen to you or pretends to know everything, be very wary. No one is a better expert on yourself than you. If a healthcare provider pushes one particular product, question their motives. Sometimes it is done openly, like your physician giving you samples at the office (make sure they are NOT charging you for them, as it is illegal to do so!) Why? Because they may just want to save you some money. That’s great, isn’t it? However…why would a drug company give away thousands of dollars in medications if it didn’t ultimately increase their sales? They know that when your physician gives you a sample, you will get used to the product, become familiar with it…and become a long-term customer. And most likely you will not consider other products which may be as efficacious and even less expensive.

Let’s say a company that makes a particular brand medication needs to ensure their sales. They will literally give away their product to the hospital systems for pennies so they can say “this is the product used by most hospitals”. It’s genius marketing because without really saying it, they have implied that they must be the ‘best’ product if the hospitals are using it. Right?
          Anyway. Sorry for this long post. As you see, I’m very skeptic when any product is advertised to me as “the best” for anything. I may not know much about other things, but when it comes to debunking miracle drug cures, I’d be happy to try to help and dig to the bottom of it.

I'm so sorry for this LOOOOONG post!

Comment

• Originally posted by VickyGirl
            I'm so sorry for this LOOOOONG post!
            Oh not at all! It was, as per usual VickyGirl style, a very informative one!

Have I told you today that I'm so very glad you're here? **

Twickle Purple

** we really do need a huggy smiley, Warren

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

• TP, dont you just want to eat her up for breakfast?

Yum, yum!

BB

Comment

• Originally posted by Bob Bear
                TP, dont you just want to eat her up for breakfast?

Yum, yum!

BB
                I'm not TP but...

Absolutely, I do! Breakfast, lunch and dinner!

Luv Jen x
                Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

• It's a nice place to be.

Happiness is a choice.

Comment

• Excuse me I thought I was on the Rosacea Forum but I must have made a wrong turn somewhere........

Comment

• You are all sooo sweet that you're making me blush!

Comment

• Trey wrote:
                        "Im still waiting for the proof Peter. As well as the proof of your insinuations that I have economic interests that account for my posts.You are a liar Peter.While you're at it, produce pictures of your rosacea Peter, especially since the potential ocular symptoms I saw aren't reality. Ask your mum for some."

Hi Trey,

My God, what are you after? What a ridiculous attack are you launching at the moment. You will probably only settle for some pictures, but some people didn't take them when they were at their worst, me included. All my pics at my webpage are when things got a bit better. I was too depressed to even think about taking pics in 2005, when I was just purple, as my bf brings it quite charming.
                        I know Peter for quite a while and have met him many times. He has been a true friend and taken me several times to Tony Chu in London and Peter Crouch in Swindon (I'm from Holland myself). If it wasn't for his help I don't know where I would be now. (I still have big problems with rosacea, but things are better then in 2005, when I was just one burning, walking beetroot/ tomato).
                        I met his family and girlfriend, who all told me about the years he had a bad case of rosacea. We spoke about his rosacea with Tony Chu as well. Like Peter said: give Hammersmith Hospital a call and see if he is his patient or not. I can provide emails from Tony, just as Peter can, that confirm this. Peters sister still deals with rosacea, although things are under control for her as well luckily. I have pictures of me with his sister.
                        Take it from me, if there is anything that can convince you anyway, that he has dealt with pretty bad rosacea for quite a while. I don't remember seeing any picture of you by the way. Might be that I missed it some time, but where can I see your face?

Natalja

Comment

• Hello Vickygirl

Are you a pharmacist? If so I wonder if you could help with a question on beta blockers

Many thanks

Sarah

Comment

• The Rosacea Forum is the second door down the hall, to the right. From there you will find many rooms to choose from..

Don't get me singing now TP! "It's winnie the pooh...dah dah dah dah...it's winnie the pooh...dah dah dah dah!" Yeah, I don't know the words, although I think they are the words! The tune is embedded in the back of my mind! That and the sounds of the Leap Pad book. Brrring!

Off on a tangent I am. I am trying to reply to the previous posts in this thread actually but can't manage to do so as yet. Probably a good thing!

Luv Jen-Bear (like pooh bear, without the pooh bit) LOL - see what you do to me Vicky? I get all silly!
                            Currently trying: Apr 06 Bee Wilder's Candida (natural healing) Diet; May 06 Home made red LED array; Aug 06 ZZ ointment.

Comment

• Originally posted by phlika29
                              Excuse me I thought I was on the Rosacea Forum but I must have made a wrong turn somewhere........
                              Just when you thought a thread couldn't get any stranger...

Comment

• You make me laugh Skywolf!

Comment

Working...
                                X