This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This forum won't work after December 2021

I have been informed by my hosting company that all sites must be upgraded to PHP v7.4+ by the end of December.

The version of vBulletin we run here does not support this PHP version.

The only option is to buy the latest version of the vBulletin software for $USD 249.

It may be possible to create a static archive snapshot of this forum for future reading.

I can't see myself paying this upgrade fee. I have been hosting this forum for free for many years now.

If you would like to contribute to the $249, feel free to contact me.

David Pascoe.
    Get Rosacea News here - https://rosacea-support.org

I will be happy to contribute via paypal

Comment

Originally posted by Momof View Post
      I will be happy to contribute via paypal
      same here !

Comment

Dave,

Appreciate you have been paying for RF all these years.

What about the RRDi keeping it going? If the RRDi pays for this forum to keep all its data for $249, will it retain all the posts? RF is a rosacea data gold mine worth preserving.

Aren't you also paying for hosting fees as well, not to mention registration fee for the domain?

What about switching over to the Bronze vBulletin Cloud? Would vBulletin have the ability to move all the data over if you switched to the vBulletin Cloud? That seems more cost effective.

Brady
        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 26 May 2021, 08:25 PM.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

I'd be happy to help pay for this cost as well. This forum is an invaluable resource for those of us with flushing issues/neurogenic rosacea/whatever you want to call it. We seem to have gravitated here and it would be a huge loss to not have this community. I would feel pretty lost without it.
          Thank you for hosting it for all these years-

Comment

Originally posted by David Pascoe View Post
            I have been informed by my hosting company that all sites must be upgraded to PHP v7.4+ by the end of December.

The version of vBulletin we run here does not support this PHP version.

The only option is to buy the latest version of the vBulletin software for $USD 249.

It may be possible to create a static archive snapshot of this forum for future reading.

I can't see myself paying this upgrade fee. I have been hosting this forum for free for many years now.

If you would like to contribute to the $249, feel free to contact me.

David Pascoe.
            Thank you for making this available as well as your other sites, over all these years. The other platforms currently out there just aren't the same.

Comment

I would also be more than happy to contribute to keep this forum going. It's an invaluable source of information - years of anecdotal research in one place! - and community.

Comment

This forum won't work after December 2021

I want to contribute too (via Western Union), as I don?t have Paypal. This forum saved my skin and I can?t thank you enough. PS. What is the matter with the question mark and the apostrophe?

Comment

Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
                  I want to contribute too (via Western Union), as I don?t have Paypal. This forum saved my skin and I can?t thank you enough. PS. What is the matter with the question mark and the apostrophe?
                  I'm not sure what the problem is you are seeing with apostrophes - they seem to be working for me

can't
                  don't
                  aren't

Comment

OK so if anyone wants to send something towards the $249 feel free to paypal it to me at my email address dp@ii.net

I will send you an acknowledgement via email, and update back here every so often with the total.

dp.

Comment

OK so if anyone wants to send something towards the $249 feel free to paypal it to me at my email address dp@ii.net

I will send you an acknowledgement via email, and update back here every so often with the total.

dp.
                      I'm happy to make a contribution if that helps. It is certainly performing a different function compared to the Facebook groups etc which focus very much on what is the 'in' treatment now. Whereas this forum has a vast resource of historical posts where you can track the changing views of people on a very wide range of rosacea treatments over time. Also there are spaces like the 'Book Reviews' section which is very useful.

Comment

dp.
                        Just contributed! Thanks again-

Comment

Just contributed. Thank you.
                          Btw I have the same issue with apostrophes.

Comment

dp.
                            done

Comment

So I have received 3 payments via Paypal, total so far is $USD104.21

Just so everyone is aware, here is the pricing page I'm working on.

vBulletin Forum Features

I will see if I can get the login information so that we might be eligible for the $209 price. I'll need a former mod to reply to me though.

There is also a version that offers native android and iphone app connection to the forum (rather than a mobile web page version) but you can see that is a lot more expensive.

Comment

Working...
                              X