Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Yvette View Post
    Hi -

I have the Pyratine XR lotion and have used it a few times. It's nice, hydrating, and doesn't break me out (the few times I've used it). It does lessen redness a little. I may use it more in Fall/Winter or after procedures, like IPL or Vbeam when the skin is very fragile/sensitive. Right now, I use mild retinoids occassionally at night or a light hyaluronic acid serum instead.

Good luck with those that are using it and getting results. Keep us informed on your progress.

Cheers,

Yvette
    Hi Yvette -

I know from previous posts you've said you have oily skin. Does your skin dry out at winter at all? Do you find pyratine to be beneficial pre and post-procedure? You'd said somewhat recently that you'd just finished a series of IPL's. Did you use pyratine then? I'm doing a series right now (I think you'd commented before on my thread) and I just finished my third this past week. Did you get benefit from your recently completed series? Also, I was wondering if you still used Sophyto skincare?

Thanks again Yvette.

Comment

Originally posted by chenoarae View Post
      Hey queta -

So the pores on my cheeks were virtually invisible before rosacea, and since it started up I think the inflammation enlarged them. I actually just requested a sample of pyratine xr so I'm interested to see how that goes. I wanted to ask if it was moisturizing or drying to your skin? Do you use it in place of moisturizer, or as well as moisturizer? I'm not altogether excited for the change in season, since it tends to mean trial and error as I change my skincare routine. I get oily in summer and quite dry in winter.

Thanks again queta
      Hi
      I would say it is more moisturizing than drying, but to be honest with you I don't think I noticed much of a difference either way. I don't really use moisturizer much. In the winter my skin gets a little dry, so then I would use the Pyratine XR, wait 15 minutes and then use Eucerin.
      Queta
      "Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
      Ralph Waldo Emerson

Comment

Can't wait to try this product - I should have enough cash soon, I think I'll like it because its weaker cousin, Kinetin, has always worked well for me.
        KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

thank you queta I saw Mistica's post earlier in the thread and asked the company if I could possibly purchase a sample to try.

Comment

Originally posted by chenoarae View Post
            thank you queta I saw Mistica's post earlier in the thread and asked the company if I could possibly purchase a sample to try.
            The company seemed open to samples and asked what I thought might be a good price.
            Not being American, I asked the advice of a few people on the forum and forwarded their suggestions. This was weeks ago and I have not had a response from them

I will be interested to hear if they are are agreeable to your request, chenoarae.
            Previous Numerous IPL.
            Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
            Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
            Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
            Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

I received this email from the PyrantineXR company today.

Hello Jenny,

I hope this email finds you successful in your trial of PyratineXR. I apologize for the delay in responding to your question. Presently, there are a couple of options that we are aware of: one is we will be coming out with a 1oz tube very soon (price to be determined) and if you go to the XR website, Physician Clinical Supplies has a great special at this time, “1 free with 1 and 3 easy payments of $39.99”. I will let you know when further information becomes available such as the price for the 1oz.
              Previous Numerous IPL.
              Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
              Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
              Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
              Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

I just pulled the trigger on some of this stuff, 138 bucks (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Hopefully it works, as I have been looking for a decent moisturizer and/or something to replace my sulfacetamide since my prescription ran out and my doc refuses to prescribe finacea and klaron at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by NotPissedJustFlushed View Post
                  I just pulled the trigger on some of this stuff, 138 bucks (!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!).

Hopefully it works, as I have been looking for a decent moisturizer and/or something to replace my sulfacetamide since my prescription ran out and my doc refuses to prescribe finacea and klaron at the same time.
                  I just ordered some too, got the 2-for-1 deal though. Got both the lotion and the cream. They said 3-5 days shipping time. Splitting it up into three payments was helpful also.
                  KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

I might try this out again on my forehead. I have some pigmentation issues but thought it made me breakout, but it could have been anything really, seeing as I breakout at the drop of a hat LOL.

Comment

Got my 2-for-1 in the mail today, one lotion and one cream, very fast shipping so we're off to a good start.
                      KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

Good luck Steve.
                        I am interested in what you think.

Comment

I just came back from vacation and was surprised to see that the company had sent me samples free of charge while I was away - lotion, creme and hand sanitizer(?)

Not really sure why the hand sanitizer. It has the active ingredient in it too, so... I don't get it. Any ideas? Maybe I should check the website for further info on that one.

Anyways... have not yet tried it, I make sure to try things on days off so if I do a test patch that gets irritated I can wash it off real quick. So, in a couple days I'll give it a go. Not sure whether to replace my clindamycin lotion or finacea with pyratine though... what do you guys think?

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa W View Post
                            Good luck Steve.
                            I am interested in what you think.
                            It's too early to judge effectiveness, but I really like both the cream and the lotion, in terms of how they go on. I had been worried that the lotion would be visible on my face, so I wouldn't be able to use it during the day. But to my surprise, it's totally invisible.
                            KNOWLEDGE = POWER

Comment

I had some major doubts about this stuff, the marketing seemed sketchy to say the least. At first I thought "great I just bought the worlds most expensive moisturizer, what a rip off". The packaging was plain, didnt come with any information, all in all it looked like a scam. However, this is easily the biggest surprise I've had all year.

I've had 6 or 7 Vbeams and this stuff has hands down worked better than all of my Vbeams combined. Finacea, Klaron, Oracea, Prosacea dont even come CLOSE to what this stuff has done in 3 days flat.

Easily the best topical I've tried. This does what antibiotics did only at HIGH doses.

It has reduced my pore size, tightened up my skin, softened it, reduced TRANSIENT redness (which I had a huge issue with), as well as reduced my flush by a good 50% +.

Even though the skin on my face feels warm to the touch, I look in the mirror and I almost look like a normal person! I love it.

I dont even miss my Zinco anymore! This stuff does what my Zinco did without looking like I'm wearing makeup (I'm a guy).

I can't wait to get out and show off my new face off! I've been housebound for 3 weeks now and I'm just itching to get out.

Every rosacean should give this stuff a shot. The bottle is a decent size, and it is filled to the point of feeling like its going to burst if you squeeze it a little too much.

I dont know what I'm going to do if this stuff gets taken off the market. I'm thinking about stockpiling it. I need a lifetime supply!!!

Edit- I just took a BURNING hot shower for 15 minutes to stress test it, and NOTHING! I had a little spot that I missed on the corner of my cheek, and it was beet red, while the rest of my face was a nice soft pale pink.

If I can get a camera I'll get some pics up, this company definitely has my business!
                              Last edited by NotPissedJustFlushed; 23 September 2009, 08:18 PM.

Comment

Hi all,

Long time lurker but I just registered because I wanted to let everyone know that I have purchased a tube of the Pyratine cream and it's currently on its way.

I'll update with my results and impressions. Some of the posts so far in this thread are really quite promising. Sure the stuff isn't cheap, but if it works then I think it will definitely be worth it.

Comment

Working...
                                X