Pyratine-XR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So...Spam aside

who will be trying this product? Your all acting as if it's bound to fail already.

Comment

Truthfully, I am skeptical as the company appears to be just marketing products to all segments of the population. I mean pyratine seemed to be a disappointment for most and if they felt the need to send a "spy" to push the product well that doesn't speak highly for what they themselves think about the product unfortunately.

But who knows? Maybe we will be pleasantly surprised but I for one will not be spending my very hard earned money for a product that has this type of track record. Samples are another matter and if the company is reading this I would suggest to make available samples at a nominal fee for trial purposes. In this type of economy people are going to be less free with risking their money on very iffy items IMO.

Best wishes,
      Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by Kiss from a rose View Post
        So...Spam aside

who will be trying this product? Your all acting as if it's bound to fail already.
        This is where it all started and maybe you will find more info here if you haven't read it already...

http://rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosacea_...light=pyratine

Comment

agreed

I agree with Melissa:

1. The stuff is ridiculously expensive
          2. It went "cosmetic" as to avoid having to conduct rigorous testing
          3. It's claims are yet to be approved by the FDA as far as I could find
          4. There are no 3rd party tests of this product, only in house research done by the company
          5. In the tests that were done the claim was that it was tested on people with mild to moderate rosacea, but the test data itself remains largely unpublished. Further: http://www.dermatology.uci.edu/IID%2...er%20final.pdf

Are you kidding me? If the two test subjects pictured are the best examples to sell this product then it appears to only work well for those with really, really, really mild Rosacea.

6. I havn't heard one good thing about Pyratine 6 from a real Rosacea sufferer, it is hard to imagine why this is going to be that much better
          7. Spamming Rosacea web boards for business suggests a $ grab
          8. I don't know why this plant derivative substance is significantly different from others that have been around for some time that claim to also be anti-inflammatory and effective on ROS.

Bottom line, there is no real reason to believe this product will work imo, but the jury is out. Once is comes out, if some reliable people post good results it might be worth a try. I would prefer seeing a large scale 3rd party double blind study on it.
          "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Comment

Originally posted by J-Mill View Post
            2. It went "cosmetic" as to avoid having to conduct rigorous testing
            How do they pull the "cosmetic" move off anyway?

What's the difference between this stuff and an actual drug that is required to go through Phase III type testing of say 100 -1000 people before this promotonal campaign ?

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa W View Post
              Done!
              May I present...
              Darlene

I look good with a crown

I almost can't stand this company now.....those pictures are a joke.....and that other product of their's they came on here & spammed lot's of us out of $150 on a cream that didnt do squat!

They are looking to pray on us again for sales......that hurts.....having a fairly bad case of rosacea and having it for so long makes people easy targets for scamming....if this company really believed this product worked they would offer samples at a super good deal (like $5 for s&h charges only) and not come on here posing as a rosacea sufferer.....that's really really low in my book....and it is more than obivious that this oppy55 is on the payroll with them.....and does NOT have rosacea!

Like I have said in many threads about the original product....it didn't do squat for anyone and made matters worse for most.....that's why you don't hear anyone saying how they have used the original & seen great results.....shame on them!
              Dx 1998

Comment

Depends

Originally posted by man_from_mars View Post
                How do they pull the "cosmetic" move off anyway?

What's the difference between this stuff and an actual drug that is required to go through Phase III type testing of say 100 -1000 people before this promotonal campaign ?
                Depends where you are. In the U.S. the FDA recognizes substances as either a "cosmetic" or a "drug", they can however be classified as both.

Cosmetics do not require premarket approval from the FDA, drugs do.

Cosmetics are substances meant to improve appearance basically. Drugs are substances intended to treat a disease. There appears to be a fine line in the "cosmeceutical" realm, which is to say that many cosmetics are marketed as being beneficial to a disease but not classfied as a drug to treat same by the FDA. They all should be classifed as both drug and cosmetic imo, but for some reason they are not.
                "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Comment

Must say they do a good job of making it look and sound like a drug rather than a cosmetic

...except for the dopey fireman in the ad

Comment

On March 14, 2009, I will have completed a year using Pyratine- 6 lotion. (I tried the cream but it made my skin break out.) I still like it as much as ever-- the first moisterizer I've ever been able to use. In this year, I have only used two 2.5 oz. tubes. I use a pea size glop twice a day while my face is slightly damp. I have had acne rosacea since I was 13 years old. Today, I have no breakout and my face skin is smooth, a little pink on my chin. Though it is expensive, I think I've actually saved money this year from not running out and buying the newest cream every month. Will I try the the new one? I really haven't decided yet.

Comment

That's great

Do you use anything else for p and p's or just the lotion?
                      What did you use for your pand p's before the lotion?

Thanks,
                      Melissa

Comment

I still am using the creme and think it's the best moisturizer I've ever had, as far as toning down redness it's so subjective, as I've had multiple IPL/Laser TX and am taking Oracea daily. But it is the only topical I've been using since last Feb./March. I will definitly be buying the Pyratine/RX as soon as it comes to public sale...

Comment

I have used the Clarisonic Brush with the delicate brush for 9 months ( love it) and just today, started using the sensitive brush head. I do not take any antibiotic. I take 1L-lysine, 1 tagamet, 1 aspirin, and 1 anti- histamine. At night, I put a layer of zinc oxide on my cheeks, nose and chin, and for me that is the best. I try to follow a healthy diet, but actually the only things that I know that bothers me is alcohol and spicy foods. Before I started using the Pyritine- 6, I didn't use any moisterizer, which some times I really needed. Until about 2 years ago I also used Benzclin for spot treating. I don't go to the Derm now except for a mole exam every year or so. She never mentions Rosacea and I don't either. None of the topicals worked for me and I didn't like using the antibiotics. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting now.

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowgirl View Post
                            At night, I put a layer of zinc oxide on my cheeks, nose and chin, and for me that is the best.
                            Hi there,
                            can I ask you what type of zinc oxide ointment you are putting on your face?

Thanks,
                            Sunshine

Comment

I use Zinc Oxide Ointment USP skin protectant from Wal- Mart. Zinc Oxide 20 %- inactive ingredients :light mineral oil, white petrolatum, white wax in that order. It's 3 or 4 dollars for a 2 ounce tube. It is manufactured by Actavis Mid Atlantic LLC.

Comment

Originally posted by dallascowgirl View Post
                                Before I started using the Pyritine- 6, I didn't use any moisterizer, which some times I really needed. Until about 2 years ago I also used Benzclin for spot treating. I don't go to the Derm now except for a mole exam every year or so. She never mentions Rosacea and I don't either. None of the topicals worked for me and I didn't like using the antibiotics. I'm very happy with the results I'm getting now.
                                Is it possible that some of the benefits are just from using a moisturizer? It seems like you are also doing a lot of things to your skin...how are you confident that Pyritine is what is helping? Could it be something else or other combination of things you have done?

Comment

Working...
                                X