Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Should I try Green tea extract pills or pycnogenol pills?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should I try Green tea extract pills or pycnogenol pills?

Just wondering which would maybe be more decreasing in the redness.

Hi

I've tried pycnogenol before and although am sure it was doing me some good it didn't have an outstanding effect on redness / flushing. As with most supplements I have tried I think the effects are possibly a lot more subtle than hoped and probs good to consider that the body's natural healing process takes about 3 months so you probably won't see much of a change in your blood vesels until a few weeks down the line - something I think I always forget or am just too impatient for signs of an improvement!!

Becky

Comment

I'm 99% sure that neither will do much of anything for your redness.

Comment

Aww come on Fut ..just say 100% and get it over with

Comment

So ummmm, your saying your sure that it wont do anything for my redness? So anyway FUT, can you tell me a supplement that will do something for the redness?

Comment

Originally posted by Gauntlet00 View Post
            So ummmm, your saying your sure that it wont do anything for my redness? So anyway FUT, can you tell me a supplement that will do something for the redness?
            Raw, crushed garlic. Start slowly and work your way up to 5 -6 cloves a day.

Comment

I agree with the garlic comment...there is quite alot of literature supporting garlic as a natural anti-bacterial substance. I usually chew and swallow 2 cloves before bed...granted I am single;) I have heard of others juicing fresh garlic cloves with other vegetables which masks the taste somewhat.

Another comment I wanted to make is about the pycnogenol pills. For a high quality brand, you will spend a decent amount of money. From what I have read, it is beneficial for maintenence post IPL/laser treatments. Unless you have alot of money to spend, it would be more cost effective if you saved for these treatments and use pycnogenol and alpha lipoic acid pills after you have completed a successful round of treatments. Just my two cents
              Last edited by snwbdrloco84; 14 December 2008, 07:11 AM.
              23 yo male
              Sub-type 2: Papulopustular rosacea
              4 v-beam and 2 smoothbeam treatments last Summer through Winter of 2004-05

Comment

Do you guys think the garlic thing would also work for KPRF?

Comment

Working...
                X