Green Tea Extract

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Green Tea Extract

Hello all.....I have moderate rosacea I would say. I've used 10mg of accutane a day for 4 months now and that got rid of the bumps/p&p nicely. However, the permanent redness remained and was pretty bad (many people would comment on it).

Anyway...on to the good news....2 weeks ago I decided to start taking Green Tea Extract pills for the hell of it after reading whatever I could find online. I take one 315mg pill a day and I have noticed a HUGE decrease in the redness which I thought was permanent redness. Note: I'm still taking my 10mg a day of accutane.

I am usually reluctant to try something without getting the doctor's approval and reluctant in general to try something new because I think the more you stuff you mess with the more harm it does. However, in this case I'm very glad I tried.

I hope it works for you as well as it does for me. Oh and its super cheap too which is always nice.

-Joe

Hi Joe, glad you've found something that's working for you. Can I just ask what kind of percentage reduction in redness you've had from the green tea and also whether it has helped with flushing or is it just diffuse constant redness that it's reduced? I'm asking all of these questions because I'm one click away from ordering some but anymore supplements and I may well rattle!!
    Rosacea (mainly affects nose and upper lip, always pink red - frequently blood red, papules and pustules, broken capillaries, main flush triggers heat and stress), acne, previous course of accutane, now on doxycycline, rosex, omega 3, green tea extract, betaine, Simple cleanser + toner and Atopalm MLE cream, no alcohol (fail occasionally!) and about to start RLT.

Comment

Hi Joe

I've tried green tea extract capsules before but unfortunately I didn't notice much benefit - I found a slight benefit drinking green tea (albeit cold - as a hot drink usually triggers a flush!)

I've also read on the web that green tea is good for rosacea & flushing so I hope you see more benefit with this approach. I still have some capsules left over so I may give them another go now that I have improved my diet in other areas!

Cheers

BMBM

Comment

Hi jmangel

I would say its reduced redness by 50%-60%. Flushing issues I thankfully do not have so I don't notice any change there.

good luck I sincerely hope it works for you as well

Comment

I don't want to jinx it but somethings working! Unfortunately I have made 3 recent interventions so not sure exactly which is the key (maybe a combination of all 3?) but I started taking green tea capsules 5 days ago and last night when I took my make up, the redness on my nose and cheeks had much diminished by I would say 50%. However, 3 days ago I also started taking apple cider vingegar (there's a rave review thread on here somewhere for it so I'll give anything a go but it tastes vile!) and 10 days ago I changed my cleanser/toner over to Simple Cleanser and Toner (I had been using EL Verite C &T). Can't say it's definitely the green tea but I'm going to continue with it as this is the first time my nose hasn't been blood red in years. Thanks for the tip Joe23.
          Rosacea (mainly affects nose and upper lip, always pink red - frequently blood red, papules and pustules, broken capillaries, main flush triggers heat and stress), acne, previous course of accutane, now on doxycycline, rosex, omega 3, green tea extract, betaine, Simple cleanser + toner and Atopalm MLE cream, no alcohol (fail occasionally!) and about to start RLT.

Comment

This is an interesting thread.

Do you think one of the redness reducing effects from the Green Tea Extract, might be caffeine?
            I don't suppose it lessens the burning sensation as well?
            Previous Numerous IPL.
            Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
            Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
            Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
            Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

I'm a bit wierd Mystica in that the burning only affects my cheeks and they don't stay red after the burn so I don't actually care about my cheeks - it's my nose that freaks me out - it doesn't burn but it does "pulse" and always has residual redness. It hasn't pulsed since the 3 interventions. Given that the burn on my cheeks always comes from acute extremes of temperature, I'm not sure that anything could stop that? Green teas definitely worth a try - fairly cheap and all that anti-oxidant effect has to have other health benefits too? I

Comment

Good luck with GTE!

Comment

Where did u buy the Green Tea Extract pills? I drink green tea but unfortunately i dont drink it enough or consistantly so i dont see any benefit. am trying to make more of an effort.

Comment

I just picked them up in my local health food store, Holland and Barrett over here in the Uk but they are readily available everywhere I think. I just take one daily. It's still working - I had a really late night last night and had 4 alcoholic drinks - usually on the morning after drinking and little sleep I would look like Rudolph but my nose is just pinky not red. Also, the skin on my nose is changing- it's starting to look like real skin - before it always had a scaliness to it and almost looked like there was clingfilm over it - shiny but dry and red and almost "stretched" looking and very rough to touch - but today, the skin on my nose is starting to look like the skin on the sides of my face (my best bit!) and it's a lot smoother and plumped out or something - can't figure it out and I'm not being very explicit but I am so not stopping the green tea and cider vinegar!

Comment

Just a question about the Green Tea extract dose.

I have been looking at a couple of brands and they start at 10,000mg. Apparently this is equivalent to about 3 and a half cups of brewed tea.

Joe, you say your dose is 315mg, which doesn't seem like much at all. Was this a typo, or it is correct?

JMAngel, what dose are you taking?

Additionally, some of the brands here have the caffeine removed, but in doing this, some of the health benefits are also removed.
                      I still wonder about if your redness reduction might be due to the caffeine. Are you normally a coffee drinker as well?

Just an aside, I would like to try Kakadu juice, which incorporates numerous antioxidant sources, berries, barley grass etc, but at $60 per 1 litre bottle, I think that can wait!
                      That is on line. The shops whack on another 20+ dollars.
                      Talk about lack of ethics, but that is so common everywhere these days.
                      Previous Numerous IPL.
                      Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Comment

JMAngel and Joe,

Great news about both your progresses.

What is the name brand of the green tea pills you are taking? Do they contain the caffine?

JMAngel, how much apple cider vinegar are you taking? This is in the liquid form?

Thanks,

Alba
                        using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Comment

Hi Alba and Mistica

The brand I'm taking is Doctor's A-Z Green Tea Extract 200mg (equivalent to 340mg green tea powder) - there is no mention of caffeine on the product so I don't know if it's been removed - I haven't changed my consumption of caffeine at all - I usually have 4 cups of really weak black tea (PG tips, Tetley etc) per day and haven't changed that. I am not drinking green tea (bleugh!!) just taking one of the capsules daily. There is a website for the capsules www.doctorsa-z.com

I'm taking one dessert spoonful of apple cider vingar mixed in a quarter glass of water and slamming it down as quickly as I can cos it tastes foul, foul, foul! TI just have this once a day as I don't think I could stomach it any more frequently. The apple cider vinegar I just picked up in my supermarket - it's really funny cos when my husband saw me drinking it, he said his dad swears by the stuff for all sorts of ailments - his arthritis, indigestion, athletes foot, dandruff.

Hope that helps - skin is still improving each day - it's taking me 30 mins less time to get ready each morning as I don't have as much to cover up. I really think it's worth a try with these two simple interventions - remember I haven't changed anything else except also now using Simple Cleanser and Simple Toner. My rosacea is severely long standing and I haven't had such improvements even whilst on roaccutane, doxycycline or rosex cream.

Comment

Dear JMAngel,

Thanks so much for the information. God that would be wonderful not to have to spend so much time in the morning concealing all the redness. You are blessed.

I guess i will have to try the apple cider vinegar yes i can just imagine how awful it will taste!

Have a great week.

Alba
                            using elidel at night, taking atelenol, had 2 vbeam laser treatments, 46 year old female

Comment

Funny, as I have always loved apple cider vinegar. I used to have it on everything, starting with my toast in the morning. Poured over the top. Yes, I know, I am weird.
                              I recently started having it on my vege.

We have an old book of folklore medicine which has been passed down during the years and like your dad, JMAngel, the people used it as a cure all for everything. Particularly indigestion and arthritis. I believe it is supposed to alkanize the body, as well as being nutritional. In our book, it is recommended to take it with honey.

I guess it will be a bit of hit and miss with rosacea though, due to the potential flushing aspect.

We picked up this brand of GTE yesterday.

It came with a leaflet about weight loss.
                              Let's see if helps relieve rosacea symptoms or not. Probably not <Sigh>, but it can't hurt, so it is worth a try.
                              Main Admin
                              Administrator
                              Last edited by Main Admin; 13 May 2014, 02:03 AM. Reason: link removed
                              Previous Numerous IPL.

Comment

Working...
                              X