Juicing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juicing

I am finding that if I juice everyday with carrot and apple in some form - it seems to be lessing my rosacea - has anybody else had luck with this?
    www.MiOrganic.ca
    For folks who like to read labels and want to be able to pronounce what they are reading!

Would you mind giving a little more detail on how it is helping/how long you've been doing it, and so on?

Comment

I eat loads of apples. Its the only fruit that ive found that really helps the condition of my skin.

Comment

I have a juicer and so I make a mixture of carrot/apple and some other kind of thing - like celery or swiss chard and I drink it first thing in the morning - I have been doing it for a few weeks now - and I find that I am less red - I usually use 2 carrots and 2 or three apples as the base...................
        www.MiOrganic.ca
        For folks who like to read labels and want to be able to pronounce what they are reading!

Comment

I got really keen on juicing a few years ago and yes it did improve my skin (reduced redness). I thnik the thing you have to be careful with is the high sugar load that comes from eating fruit in this way. it is better to mix it with some water to dilute it slightly and if you are feeling brave to go for vegetables and herbs aswell.

There are some great books out there if you are looking for recipes.

Comment

Originally posted by phlika29 View Post
            I got really keen on juicing a few years ago and yes it did improve my skin (reduced redness). I thnik the thing you have to be careful with is the high sugar load that comes from eating fruit in this way. it is better to mix it with some water to dilute it slightly and if you are feeling brave to go for vegetables and herbs aswell.
            I am generally juicing veggies - you think that would be a sugar problem? I have a real sweet tooth and can't imagine my skin reacting to natural sugar in that way ........................did you find the sugar a problem?
            www.MiOrganic.ca

Comment

I'm thinking of getting into juicing veggies.

Thing is, what can you really juice other than carrots? You can't have, like, a potato shake can you... Also I read you have to have special juicer, one which 'crushes' as opposed to 'grates'. Or something.

Swiss chard? Does that taste nice?

I read that although they're really popular now, (fruit) smoothies are so bad regarding sugar. You break down all the fiber so its just like this massive uncontrolled sugar-dump; no slow release or anything.

Comment

I've found pretty much everything tastes decent if you add enough carrots and apples.............. the only one I haven't been able to really stomach is the onion drink I tried.................raw onions were just too much!

I had no idea about the fruit sugar dump.....................I guess I need to be more aware of that........

I do have a special juicer................and I LOVE it! You might be able to get one off freecycle.org ...................sometimes people buy them and don't use them - you know best of intentions!
                www.MiOrganic.ca

Comment

Sweet fruit juice may cause sugar/insulin spikes. Juices are more rapidly absorbed by the body than whole foods. Sweet fruit juices are very high in sugar (~1.05 pounds of sugar per day, per the table). It is very easy to drink juices (too) quickly, especially sweet fruit juices. The result of this is that sweet fruit juices may produce sugar highs and insulin spikes that are more extreme than the reaction caused by eating whole fruits. (See The Diabetic's Total Health Book, by June Biermann and Barbara Toohey, 1992, Jeremy P. Tarcher/Perigee Books, pp. 88-89.) Your pancreas and liver may be able to handle this in the short run, but are such extremes good for you, multiple times a day, over the long run?
                  source

The high sugar content also has to be taken into account as a large amount of sugar may be absorbed into the bloodstream after drinking a large amount of fruit juice.
                  source

the last one has lots of recipes good info about juicing

Comment

thanks for the links - of course multiple times a day every day wouldn't be good and certainly if diabeties is an issue...............

I only do any kind of juicing generally once per day - if it's an odd day and I juice twice the 2nd one is always almost pure veg........................

cheers!
                    www.MiOrganic.ca

Comment

OK there are lots of different veges u can use in a shake, like spinach, celery, carrots, tomatoes, brocolli, cucumber etc etc. And all you have to do to make the shake taste good, rather than really yuk, is add some pineapple and some pinepple juice... Beautiful!

Comment

I eat very few vegetables, so I take a supplement called Perfect Food that you can get at health food stores. It's expensive (like $75 for a bottle of 300 caplets), but it definitely reduces my flushing and redness, although not past a certain point. I take a fraction of the recommended dose (2 caps a day instead of 5 or 6). As long as I'm doing everything else right, it's one of my most effective treatments.

http://www.gardenoflife.com/Products...4/Default.aspx

1,000mg Solgar MSM
                        25mg diphenhydramine
                        Rosacea Care moisturizer, tinted ZincO
                        I avoid multi-vitamins and most other high-dose vitamins and supplements, oil-based supplements (like omega 3/6, A, and E), nitrite preservatives, sugar, fruit, milk, exercising in a warm room

Less is more!

Comment

My question is about the juicer (I bought the one MM recommends). I’m having a hard time taking it apart to clean! The last 2 pieces always seem to be stuck together. It’s the black cone-shaped thing that won’t budge! I’ve been soaking in water and light soap to loosen it. Any other tips? Am I missing something? Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by jackaustin View Post
                            My question is about the juicer (I bought the one MM recommends). I’m having a hard time taking it apart to clean! The last 2 pieces always seem to be stuck together. It’s the black cone-shaped thing that won’t budge! I’ve been soaking in water and light soap to loosen it. Any other tips? Am I missing something? Thanks!
                            no response.

Comment

Working...
                            X