Sandalwood oil cures Rosacea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sandalwood oil cures Rosacea

Last week in the UK Times newspaper a girl wrote about her Rosacea. This Saturday in the 'Feedback' section someone has written in to say:

"... I suffered it (Rosacea) some years ago. My GP told me there was no total cure. Months later when I was in Sri Lanka, a Western and Ayurvedic-trained physician told me that natural sandalwood oil would cure it for ever. I massaged a few drops into the skin each day and last thing at night and the symptoms started to improve within a few days. After three months they had gone entirely and have never come back."

My goodness. A miracle cure maybe?

anythings worth a go

Comment

Check out this link ... looks like it would also benefit seb derm .And will help with the psychological impact too.
      http://www.mtromance.com.au/content/view/112/132/

I'm definitely trying this one!

Comment

What symptoms of rosacea does it help with?

Permanent Redness?
        Papules, pustules, acne?
        Telangencia?
        Flushing/Blusing?
        Pores, Texture?

Francois
        Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Comment

I'm wondering that too.

A word of caution .... sandalwood oil can possibly cause photosensitivity in some individuals.

Comment

Originally posted by caran
            looks like it would also benefit seb derm
            Its a tricky one. Oils help some and make others worse. I've tried jojoba and emu, but might as well try this too.

Comment

Found this soap that includes sandalwood and sea buckthorn.

http://www.aubreyorganicsuk.co.uk/pr...-bar-soap.html

One of the 'testimonials' is from a rosacea sufferer.
              dx early 2006.
              current stategy;
              finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

Comment

Good find. I've just ordered some - it should be good for my daughter's eczema too.

Comment

Also, "rosacea" and "cure" should not be used in the same sentence unless you are talking about future

Please update us how this oil works for you.
                  Why do we fall? So that we can learn to pick ourselves up again..

Comment

Sandalwood can cause allergic reactions/dermatitis. Pasted below is the ingredient definition for sandalwood oil from cosmeticscop.com (Paula Begoun).

sandalwood oil. Fragrant oil that can cause skin irritation or allergic reactions (Source: American Journal of Contact Dermatitis, June 1996, pages 77–83). There is one animal study showing it to have antitumor properties (Source: European Journal of Cancer Prevention, October 1999, pages 449–455).

Comment

when i stayed in India for 7 months, I used Sandalwood soap and it had no irritating effects on me.
                      I am very interested in the potential of this.

Terry

Comment

Sandalwood oil cures Rosacea

Thank you Caran for your link to Australian sandalwood oil.

I have already ordered the Indian Sandalwood Mysore type of oil which I hope will be suitable because of the article's mention of Sri Lanka.

However, I see that the Aussie link you posted does mention the following:

"These results suggest a significant therapeutic benefit for all skinconditions, including psoriasis (and rosacea), sunburn, folliculitis, boils, carbuncles etc., erysipelas, and acne. Australian sandalwood oil will treat both the symptoms and the causes of these conditions."

Sounds promising but I totally agree with other people who point out that it could cause irritation.

Best to use it sparingly and with caution.

Comment

Originally posted by caran
                          Good find. I've just ordered some - it should be good for my daughter's eczema too.
                          Hi Caren,
                          do let us know how you get on.
                          thanks
                          moom
                          dx early 2006.
                          current stategy;
                          finacea (on occasional spot), 20+ x IPL and 17+ low level PDL (n-light)

Comment

I read this the other day and did a search for the ingredient and found some Aubrey Oganics products at vitacost.com and ordered a few things. The order came super fast via UPS today and I used paypal.

I ordered -

Aubrey Organics Sea Buckthorn Skin Care Bar 4.18
                            Aubrey pure organic aloe vera gel 5.73aubrey oganic rosa mosqueta mositure cream 11.40

I got the first two items and then this:

Rainbow Light Food based Pain- Eze

it is natural and for vegans

I called Vita cost and no idea how I got this but I can keep it and they will send out the cream tomorrow.

It seems to be some herbal pain supplement

I wanted to let others know that vita cost.com is very fast and good to work with.

I think I will wait on using the soap bar since my eczema is all flaky and I should get income tax return any day now and then make appt to see a Derm. But I have two sick kids at home this week.

Bonnie

Comment

I got some sandalwood in the post today. dont know if I'm brave enough to try it yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X