Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• astion face cure

hi all

has anyone used this cream with success ?

i bought a tube about a year ago and tried it but it just seemed to make my seb derm worse so stopped using it and threw it in the basket with all my other faliures ...

fast forward to 3 days ago and i came out with a seb derm rash on my face for the first time in ages - in the usual places (skin folds in the chin and around one eye socket)

im pretty sure why this happened - i stopped taking lanzroprazole that i had been using for stomach ulcers that i thought had cleared up , seems i was wrong

seems the increased acid in my system has brought on the seb derm again , so back on the tablets !

anyway , thought i would try this cream again overnight while im off work and to my surprise it seems to be working - redness and itching of the patches reduced by about 70 % at least and the dryness seems to be easing .

decided to put it all over my face and forehead today and my skin has been really calm all day ...

going to try this for a few days and see what happens , has anyone experienced this ?

Forgot about the Astion Face Cure. I see it is available in the UK on Amazon. It contains the active ingredient Dermadexin [Pruridexin] (discussed here at RF in 2016, aka, Helioclin Dermatitis SD Cream in Europe), and inactive ingredients water, liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, niacinamide, sodium cetostearyl sulphate, glyceryl monocaprylate and benzyl alcohol. There is some evidence that certain cases of rosacea are related to the gut, hence, the rosacea variant, GUT Rosacea. There are some authorities that say Seborrheic Dermatitis is a rosacea variant, but the RRDi continues to list SD as a disease Sui generis all on its own.

After a cursory review of the above mentioned thread started in 2016, freixinet [post #141] posts in August 2019 about Astion Face Cure a positive review. Just posted this at the RRDi about Dermadexin.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 10 November 2020, 03:44 PM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
      Forgot about the Astion Face Cure. I see it is available in the UK on Amazon. It contains the active ingredient Dermadexin [Pruridexin] (discussed here at RF in 2016, aka, Helioclin Dermatitis SD Cream in Europe), and inactive ingredients water, liquid paraffin, cetostearyl alcohol, glycerol, niacinamide, sodium cetostearyl sulphate, glyceryl monocaprylate and benzyl alcohol. There is some evidence that certain cases of rosacea are related to the gut, hence, the rosacea variant, GUT Rosacea. There are some authorities that say Seborrheic Dermatitis is a rosacea variant, but the RRDi continues to list SD as a disease Sui generis all on its own.

After a cursory review of the above mentioned thread started in 2016, freixinet [post #141] posts in August 2019 about Astion Face Cure a positive review. Just posted this at the RRDi about Dermadexin.

thanks brady , for the info - doesnt seem to be a popular treatment for seb d then !

im absolutely certain ive got gut related rosacea , its cureing that part of the problem that is ... the problem ! - i had the exact same issues ive got now when this first started so it seems i may have an ulcer etc again ...

Comment

Originally posted by boris View Post
        thanks brady , for the info - doesnt seem to be a popular treatment for seb d then ! im absolutely certain ive got gut related rosacea , its cureing that part of the problem that is ... the problem ! - i had the exact same issues ive got now when this first started so it seems i may have an ulcer etc again ...
        GUT Rosacea is a variant. Not everyone who is treated for GUT Rosacea improves, just like not everyone who is treated for Demodectic Rosacea, another variant, responds to treatment or improves. The RRDi recognizes 13 rosacea variants.

Sometimes physicians after examining a patient and taking a history writes a Rx and says, 'try this' and come come back in 30 days. If the treatment improves the skin, then the physician is on track. If it doesn't, or gets worse, the physician then writes another Rx and says try this then. As you know, diagnosing is an art, and we would all love to have Dr. House and his team figure out what skin condition we have so we can get a correct diagnosis and a specific treatment for that issue which would at the very least improve our skin or at least control the rosacea beast. As for GUT Rosacea, the RRDi is the only non profit organization that recognizes this variant. Dr. Weinstock, who is a volunteer on the RRDi MAC, says, ""There is a 45% chance that rosacea starts in your intestine, not in your skin or in your eyes." Think about it, rosacea has been treated for over sixty years with oral antibiotics which are digested in the gut. This somehow improves the skin. On the link referring to GUT Rosacea, the case of Margaret K., age 45, Ireland is an example of how it may be related to the GUT, "She complained greatly of discomfort after eating and often vomited her food. The gastric irritability having subsided under a restricted diet, she was ordered Aug. 6, 1878, a mixture containing sulphate of iron and sulphate of magnesia, and for local application an ointment of sulphur, four parts, cosmoline, ninety-two parts. This was followed by rapid improvement, and when seen again on Sept. 17, all trace of the eruption had disappeared, and she felt much stronger and better."

There are a significant number of anecdotal reports here at RF that reducing sugar/carbohydrate in the diet improves rosacea and increasing protein/fat in the diet reduces erythema and pustule/papules. GUT related. If it is not GUT related then why are so many of the proposed rosacea triggers diet related? So don't give up, just keep searching and figuring out what might be in your gut that is showing up on your skin?
        Last edited by Brady Barrows; 11 November 2020, 03:26 AM.
        Brady Barrows
        Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
        X