adex gel new rosacea moisturiser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• adex gel new rosacea moisturiser

Been given this by the derm Doctor adex gel to use as a moisturiser for rosacea . Never heard of it before . I?m patch testing it tomorrow. I?ve listed the ingredients below. It?s newish to the UK market .
    Ingredients
    Carbomer, Glycerol, Isopropyl Myristate, Liquid Paraffin, Nicotinamide, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Laurate, Trolamine and Purified Water.

Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
    Been given this by the derm Doctor adex gel to use as a moisturiser for rosacea . Never heard of it before . I?m patch testing it tomorrow. I?ve listed the ingredients below. It?s newish to the UK market .
    Ingredients
    Carbomer, Glycerol, Isopropyl Myristate, Liquid Paraffin, Nicotinamide, Phenoxyethanol, Sorbitan Laurate, Trolamine and Purified Water.
    Don?t think anyone comes here anymore seems to be dead. Shame use to be a good forum.

Comment

It seems a rather benign mixture of ingredients but responses would be individual.

The active ingredient is Nicotinamide (= Niacinamide) which is very useful.
      I use it along with other ingredients.
      Do you happen to know what the percentage is in your product?
      Up to 4% should not be irritating.
      I use 4%.

I can't see the percentage listed in the information leaflet, but I wondered if your dermatologist might have known?
      Previous Numerous IPL.
      Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Treating for gut dysbiosis.(This is helping).
      Previous GAPS diet. Have now introduced lots of fibre.
      Fermented Foods. Intermittent fasting -16-18 hours.
      Oral Colostrum. Helps reduce food reactions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistica View Post
        It seems a rather benign mixture of ingredients but responses would be individual.

The active ingredient is Nicotinamide (= Niacinamide) which is very useful.
        I use it along with other ingredients.
        Do you happen to know what the percentage is in your product?
        Up to 4% should not be irritating.
        I use 4%.

I can't see the percentage listed in the information leaflet, but I wondered if your dermatologist might have known?
        Doesn?t say, gone try it on my hands next few days . Not been able to do that as I had cuts on my hands last few days

Comment

The skin on your hands is different and disease free. Testing there won't provide any information as to how your facial skin may react.

Not sure what services are available to the public in the UK, but here, you can have a compounding pharmacist create a skin topical for you, no script necessary.
          Some will make up a few trial samples with different ingredient combinations, for a small fee.
          Not all compounding pharmacists are created equal, however, just like doctors and you have to find one who has a thorough understanding of biology/skin and is willing to engage in sensible discussions in order to create something tailored to your individual needs.
          Previous Numerous IPL.
          Supplements: High dose Niacinamide, Vit K2, low dose Vit A. Moderate Dose Vit C, Iodine, Taurine, Magnesium. Mod- dose B's. Low dose zinc. Testing Quercetin.

Skin Care: No Cleanser, ZZ cream mixed with Niacinamide gel 4% and LMW HA 2%, ethyl ascorbate 2%.

Comment

Originally posted by Rubydo1 View Post
            Doesn?t say, gone try it on my hands next few days . Not been able to do that as I had cuts on my hands last few days
            Usually the inside wrist is where you test for an allergic reaction. "Rashes on the wrist can occur as a result of infection, genetic factors, or contact with something that causes irritation or an allergic reaction." Medical News Today

Of course, there are medical tests for allergies: IgE Skin Tests, Challenge Tests, Blood Tests, according to the AAAAI.
            Last edited by Brady Barrows; 2 September 2020, 12:58 PM.
            Brady Barrows
            Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
              Usually the inside wrist is where you test for an allergic reaction. "Rashes on the wrist can occur as a result of infection, genetic factors, or contact with something that causes irritation or an allergic reaction." Medical News Today

Of course, there are medical tests for allergies: IgE Skin Tests, Challenge Tests, Blood Tests, according to the AAAAI.
              Unfortunately reactions to topicals, drugs or foods, rarely have anything to do with allergies in rosacea.
              Rosacea skin is dysfunctional.
              Wrist skin is not.
              Thus reactions can be vastly different.
              Previous Numerous IPL.

Comment

Originally posted by Mistica View Post
                Unfortunately reactions to topicals, drugs or foods, rarely have anything to do with allergies in rosacea.
                Rosacea skin is dysfunctional.
                Wrist skin is not.
                Thus reactions can be vastly different.
                Never thought of it that way, but you may be correct due to rosacea sensitive skin. Nevertheless, if one is allergic to something, it should show up on the wrist as red and irritating.
                Brady Barrows
                Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Working...
                X