No announcement yet.

Rose Hip Oil

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'd like to start using rosehip oil on my face!
    any issues with malassezia experienced?
    I've tead that some oils feed the yeast and cause seb derm flare ups

Comment

Originally posted by jennfran View Post
      I was looking on the internet about flax and borage oil and read where it is a big anti-inflammatory and some put it on their face. I tried this last night and my face felt really good and still feeling good this morning. The only thing I worry about is the oil clogging the pores, can someone tell me how or if the oil will clog the pores? I put it on my face and then rinsed off with water put could see and smell it still on. I know you guys are putting oils on your face and was wondering if it clogs your pores too? Thanks..Jenn
      Rosehip seed oil and seabuckthorn oil are very low in comedogenicity (clogging pores and causing acne) and also borage pretty low. Flax seed oil and coconut oil are high. You can find charts on line if you google comedogenicity of oils. Different sources will vary a little but you can get a good idea which ones are low and which are high from looking at a few.

Comment

Anyone else experience flushing soon after application?
        I've only used it once (last night), should I continue using it and hope I get some benefit or will the flushing gradually make things worse?

Seems almost every topical I've tried other than zinc makes me flush.

Comment

I seemed to make me more red. It has vitamin a in it like a natural retinol.
          So I stay hell away from it. I'm sure retinol is no good for any rosacea sufferer but I could be proved wrong.
          I would say try sea buckthorn as people were raving about it few years ago but that might have retinol in it too, and the berry oil for it is just ridiculous as it is so staining and hard to remove.

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondS View Post
            I seemed to make me more red. It has vitamin a in it like a natural retinol.
            So I stay hell away from it. I'm sure retinol is no good for any rosacea sufferer but I could be proved wrong.
            I would say try sea buckthorn as people were raving about it few years ago but that might have retinol in it too, and the berry oil for it is just ridiculous as it is so staining and hard to remove.
            I wonder if it matters that it's a natural form of retinol. How long did you use it for and did your redness go back to baseline when you stopped?

I wanted to try sea buckthorn oil in the past but I haven't had any luck with anything so far so I'm inclined to believe it probably won't do anything for me either and it's way too expensive to buy for a what would probably be a one time use. And yeah it also has retinol.

Comment

Yes redness went back to normal after I stopped using it. Haven't been game to try again

Comment

Originally posted by RaymondS View Post
                Yes redness went back to normal after I stopped using it. Haven't been game to try again
                That's good to hear at least. It made me flush but the next morning it was back to normal. I might try it again once I confirm/rule out that the supplement I took (ashwagandha) was what caused my flare up yesterday. Bad idea to try new things simultaneously.

Comment

Yeh totally, seabuckthorn never made me red. Didn't work fast and I'm impatient so maybe with time it would have been ok

Comment

Working...
                  X