Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tretinoin for zz cream users

Hi community,

So happy to post after a long time! Just a quick update: I was doing well with ZZ cream, but I never reached the maintenance application for months. I could only manage the three times a week application . In general, things were under control. Recently, I decided to start tretinoin 0.05 once a week (just stopped, and it's been 5 applications in total). Before that, I used an ordinary moisturizer and azelaic acid (applying it at nights when not using ZZ cream), which worked fine. The tretinoin was cream-type.

Now, I'm experiencing a huge under-skin spot that hurts a lot. I've gone back to ZZ cream for everyday application. Is tretinoin just a no-go for rosacea skin types?

Sometime tretinoin makes rosacea better and sometimes worse. Maybe you were going through "purge" phase?

Comment

Hi bear001,
      I don’t think so, because I developed a furuncle on my left cheek and had to check with the dermatologist. He said it was an under skin cyst that got infected . Now I'm on a one-month course of doxycycline and have been given a local antibiotic cream to apply on the furuncle before bed. I've stopped using everything, even moisturizer, and only use ZZ cream and cleanser at night.
      You do not have permission to view this gallery.
      This gallery has 1 photos.

Comment

Working...
      X