Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zudaifu cream

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Zudaifu cream

    Came across this Chinese herbal cream which claims to help with rosacea and other skin conditions and was wondering if anyone has heard of or tried it before. You can google it and it's the first link but I'll copy/paste some of its' claims and the ingredients list for you guys to take a look at.

    This Chinese herbal ointment can be used to treat Psoriasis, Eczema, Acne, Keratosis Pilaris (KP), Rosacea, rashes and various other skin problems. Zudaifu also disinfects for fungal infections such as psoriasis, Capitis, tinea, scabies, ringworm, tinea, and beriberi.
    Ingredients: Sophorae Flavesgentis radix (anti-inflammatory Chinese medicinal herb), Stermonae radix (antibacterial and antifungal Chinese medicinal herb), Cnidii Fructus (Chinese medicinal herb that kills parasites), Kochiae Fructus (Chinese medicinal herb used to clear heat and remove dampness), Menthae Haplocalycis herba (Chinese medicinal herb for rashes), Extracts, Chlorhexidine acetate (skin cleanser for wounds), Stearic Acid, Distilled Monostearate, Glycerol Vineargear, Petrolatum, Purified Water.
    Interestingly when you google the product and scroll down, one of the search results is a study which was done on several Chinese herbal creams to determine whether they had steroids in them as an unlisted ingredient, which 8 out of 11 did. This product wasn't named but still it's a bit worrying.

    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC27755/


    What do you think?

  • #2
    While there are confirmed reports like the one you site in the British Medical Journal that found eight out of the eleven herbal creams found in the London shops contained steroid(s), there were three that did NOT contain steroid(s). I googled Zudaifu and couldn't find any reliable source that has investigated whether Zudaifu contains steroid(s) and found nothing other than the same ingredient list you found. It is available on Amazon, so maybe you have started a thread that will add some anecdotal reports.

    I know the ZZ cream (a Chinese herbal cream) does NOT contain steroid and it works for me.
    Last edited by Brady Barrows; 19 April 2018, 06:25 AM.
    Brady Barrows
    Blog - Join the RRDi


    Comment


    • #3
      Another cream claiming to be all natural has recently been found to contain clobetasol propionate - https://www.gov.uk/government/news/n...ntain-steroids -this stuff was also on Amazon before it was banned.

      Hopefully they decide to test this Zudaifu stuff sometime soon.

      Comment


      • #4
        Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
        While there are confirmed reports like the one you site in the British Medical Journal that found eight out of the eleven herbal creams found in the London shops contained steroid(s), there were three that did NOT contain steroid(s). I googled Zudaifu and couldn't find any reliable source that has investigated whether Zudaifu contains steroid(s) and found nothing other than the same ingredient list you found. It is available on Amazon, so maybe you have started a thread that will add some anecdotal reports.

        I know the ZZ cream (a Chinese herbal cream) does NOT contain steroid and it works for me.
        how do you know for sure?

        Comment


        • #5
          Originally posted by sham View Post
          how do you know for sure?
          I have been using it for over ten years. I had direct contact by email with Prof. Zhongzhou who assured me that there are no steroids. Just because eight out of eleven Chinese herbal topicals contained steroids shows clearly that not all Chinese topicals contain steroids. The British lab found that out. If the ZZ cream contains steroids then surely there would have been steroid rebound reports from all the many users who have tried it. Eventually, someone will take the ZZ cream to a third party lab and check for steroids and it will be confirmed there are no steroids in the ZZ cream which will resolve this issue once and for all. The real test is does the ZZ cream improve rosacea? The vast majority who have reported trying it says yes, it works.
          Brady Barrows
          Blog - Join the RRDi


          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
            The real test is does the ZZ cream improve rosacea? The vast majority who have reported trying it says yes, it works.
            Just subtype 2 rosacea though, right? Not for subtype 1?

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by Alex1927 View Post
              Just subtype 2 rosacea though, right? Not for subtype 1?
              The ZZ cream does work better on Phenotype 4, however, many have reported it has improved Phenotype 2. The subtype classification has been replaced by the Phenotype classification.
              Brady Barrows
              Blog - Join the RRDi


              Comment


              • #8
                I finally tried this stuff on a couple of spots on my face last night. The spots I tried it on was on a couple of red bumps (papules, blind pimples?). Now this morning, 11 hours after application, the skin around a couple of the bumps has gone back to my normal colour (no redness). This just seems suspicious to me that it worked so fast. There is no way this doesn't have some sort of pharmaceutical drug not listed in the ingredients.

                I've tried a corticosteroid in the past which only made the redness worse so maybe it's not that but could it be the active in ingredient found in mirvaso or rhofade?

                I'll update when/if those spots go back to the usual red colour.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by Alex1927 View Post
                  I finally tried this stuff on a couple of spots on my face last night. The spots I tried it on was on a couple of red bumps (papules, blind pimples?). Now this morning, 11 hours after application, the skin around a couple of the bumps has gone back to my normal colour (no redness). This just seems suspicious to me that it worked so fast. There is no way this doesn't have some sort of pharmaceutical drug not listed in the ingredients.

                  I've tried a corticosteroid in the past which only made the redness worse so maybe it's not that but could it be the active in ingredient found in mirvaso or rhofade?

                  I'll update when/if those spots go back to the usual red colour.
                  Which 'stuff' did you try? The Zudaifu cream?
                  Brady Barrows
                  Blog - Join the RRDi


                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                    Which 'stuff' did you try? The Zudaifu cream?
                    Hi Brady

                    Yes the zudaifu cream. My skin on those spots is still the same as it was when I first saw it this morning and it's been around 13 hours since application (I just read that mirvaso/rhofade lasts up to 12 hours). Don't know what to make of this yet, just have to wait and see how long it lasts.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Alex,
                      Keep us posted.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi


                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Update:

                        Skin went back to it's normal red colour after about 24 hours or so. I put some on a trouble spot before I went to bed again, didn't work as well, maybe because I didn't put on enough and because this spot is darker than the previous areas but it did lighten it.

                        I don't know what to do from here. It lasts twice as long as mirvaso/rhofade but is apparently all natural but as I pointed out earlier you just don't know if they're lying about that. If it does indeed contain Brimonidine/Oxymetazoline/some other pharmaceutical substance we know that potential for rebound and worse flushing is possible.

                        What kind of lab would I need to send a sample to have it tested?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Seems the last spot I applied the cream to is now darker than it used to be so that can be considered as rebound redness. The other spots haven't changed though. Probably won't use it again.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            It’s difficult to conclude if a cream is effective, when it is used only as a spot treatment. I don’t suggest you should use this particular cream, that’s up to you, just saying.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              It's effective in the way mirvaso or rhofade is effective (it works temporarily, at least that's what we know from my "experiment") but the question is if it's effective when used long term and are there side effects? The area of my skin I posted about yesterday has gone back to it's normal shade of red, it had in the past flared up so maybe it had nothing to do with the cream. I'm willing to try another spot application to see what happens but won't apply it on a larger area as it's too risky.

                              Is there a rosacea research organization I can inform about the product along with my anecdotal evidence, who may be willing to get it tested to find out what compounds it contains? The fact that it worked so well and only costs a fraction of the price of the two previously mentioned pharmaceutical options warrants some research.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X