Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommendations for cleansers and moisturizers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

almond oil and water

I tried oil cleansing with Castor oil and hemp oil- disaster. But then I used almond oil. I just massage a small amount on my face and cleanse it off using two wet cotton pads (2x2 sides) that is fine to take off make up. One will do if you just want to remove dirt and oil- I don't usually bother if I haven't worn make up, I just rub in a little oil and put on moisturiser (always moisturise Onto a wet face though it really makes a difference usually just a thimble full of water thrown on your face is enough). Other than that I just put my face in the shower twice a week. My pores are fine and I'm only lightly pink- in the normal range. I came onto the site to report it, and it seems others are having success with almond oil too. I always thought oil was supposed to be bad for rosacea- but I think it depends crucially on the variety.

Originally posted by Justpeachy View Post
    I'm 23 and have had rosacea for about 7 years, but I only recently was officially diagnosed. I always knew I had to be careful with my skin, but now I am actively trying to repair/minimize damage. The problem is there are so many sensitive skin and rosacea products out there that I am feeling a bit overwhelmed.

So, my question is, what cleansers and moisturizers work for you? I've used Burt's Bees Sensitive Skin line for a few years, but I'm anxious to hear if anyone else has experience with it and whether it is actually pretty safe to use. I have also recently discovered the First Aid Beauty skin care line and purchased the Ultra Repair Face Moisturizer (which really helped with redness and dryness at first) and the Skin Rescue Daily Face Cream (which has minimal ingredients but might be causing extra redness).

I hear a lot about Cerave and Cetaphil but I'm wary of these two brands since the cetaphil cleanser has sodium lauryl sulfate in it and since the cerave spf 50 facial sunscreen gave me a flare up.

What do you guys think? Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comment

Cleanser and moisturiser

I really struggled to find anything that works, but I eventually found a brand called PAI and I have been using this for some years and the Chamomile and Rosehip calming Day cream, and the Camelia and Rose Gentle Hydrating Cleanser both never irritate. I tried a 'hydrating' one of theirs I didn't get on with, but these ones mentioned above are designed for Rosaceans and I swear by them . I ordered them online from a UK based company that does all sorts of natural cosmetics.
      Now I've moved from UK to Australia I have to get these shipped to me (but luckily it's free worldwide shipping). Ideally I'd like to find an Australian alternative though as I have to buy them in GBP currency and I won't have that forever as I don't work there anymore. Any Australian suggestions would be welcome.

Comment

I use the Dermalogica Ultracalming Cleanser, and about once a week if my skin hasn't been very reactive, I'll use the Special Cleansing Gel and the Precleanse oil. Unfortunately they are expensive but the larger sizes last a long time.

Comment

I use one of two Bioderma micellar solutions depending on what I'm doing: morning and night regular cleanse, I use Hydrabio, and if I'm removing makeup, I use Sensibio (Crealine in France, same product). The reason I use Sensibio for makeup removal is just that it's cheaper. Hydrabio is definitely superior.

The above by dermatologist prescription and also she forbade me from getting tap water on my face anyways.

Comment

bioderma sensibio gel moussant

Hi! I've been using bioderma sensibio gel moussant for some years now and I find that it works great for me! It cleanses the skin without drying and is super gentle. As moisturizer I use Paulas Choice Calm spf 30, a great spf!

Comment

Clinique Redness Solutions

Hi,
              I had previously used Clinique redness solutions daily Relief cream with soothing cleanser. It was fine before, but after a while my skin started to get dry again. Now, I've switched to Clinique ID + Irritation. As I've only been using it for 2 weeks, it is not too bad just now, but my skin is more on the dry side. I think I'll give it another 2 weeks, as I was told it takes a month to feel better. I am not sure about the cleanser though. I'm scared to use any cleanser for the fear of irritating my skin even more. Any suggestions on a good cleanser?

Comment

In this case, it is better not to save money because cheap products are very destructive to the skin. I suggest you try some options from http://pleasingcare.com/. I'm always picking from here for my skin, so I don't look more grown up in my 20s. Wrinkles and subcutaneous pimples have been bothering me constantly for quite some time, and so I decided to remedy the situation by using good products to keep my skin safe. It should be taken care of every day to prevent the side effects of climate and other signals.
                Last edited by SpringerHeather; 24 September 2021, 06:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X