Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Diatomaceous Earth Treatment

Hey everyone,
    So I’m sure this may have been brought up on this forum before, but I was researching a bit about Diatomaceous Earth (food grade) and how it’s basically anti-parasitic, antifungal, and antibacterial. It practically works against most microorganisms (even demodex). You can ingest the food grade version as a supplement or even use it as a face mask or wash. It’s safe for pets and children as well, you just don’t want to inhale it since it’s a fine powder. It’s fossilized plankton to be exact and it’s structure is what kills microorganisms but doesn’t harm animals. I’ve even seen it as an ingredient in skincare. I was going to talk to my ND just to be safe but has anyone tried this as a face mask, wash, supplement, or just dusted it on their face? Have you had any success? I’m pretty curious to try it in one of these ways. I’ve read some stories about it really clearing up some people’s skin conditions. I have seborrheic dermatitis with mild rosacea and this seems like an interesting remedy. If I end up trialing this, I will definitely track my experience here for anyone that interested!

I have a bag of this. I used it to kill fungus gnats that were killing my house plants. I too am curious about it potential use for demodex and microorganisms on skin. Not brave enough try it yet. Let me know if you take the plunge

Comment

Originally posted by Elmo View Post
      I have a bag of this. I used it to kill fungus gnats that were killing my house plants. I too am curious about it potential use for demodex and microorganisms on skin. Not brave enough try it yet. Let me know if you take the plunge
      Right! It seems a bit scary to dust myself with something also used as a pesticide lol I swear, the things we do for clear skin amazes me I do know that there is a commercial grade one and a food grade one. Only the food grade version is okay for human use.

http://www.theprairiehomestead.com/2...homestead.html
      https://www.bustle.com/articles/1745...tally-worth-it

These are two interesting articles that discuss it's different uses.
      I kind of wonder if there would be a huge die-off like those who use things like tea tree and soolantra? Anyway, I will update if I give it a go.

Comment

Abrasive

It would be equivalent to applying a dehydrating abrasive to the face .

Comment

Working...
        X