Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally something works! (Nivea face wash and cream)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally something works! (Nivea face wash and cream)

I've dealt with Rosacea for about 10 years. Everything I have tried has never helped with all the redness and irritation. I've tried all the over the counter creams, gels, and things the dermatologist prescribed. It would help a little for a while then seemed to just stop. My girlfriend bought me some Nivea men's face wash (The original maximum hydration one) and Nivea men's face cream and I am blown away. After about 4 or 5 days almost all the redness went away. I felt like crying. I've dealt with this for so long and finally found something that helped! Its been about a year now and the Nivea is still working amazing. I'm definitely not saying it will work for everyone like it did me but you should give it a shot. The face wash and cream are only $9 for both. Hopefully some of you will have the results that I did. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care.
    Last edited by newguy03; 24 October 2017, 04:23 AM.

Originally posted by newguy03 View Post
    I've dealt with Rosacea for about 10 years. Everything I have tried has never helped with all the redness and irritation. I've tried all the over the counter creams, gels, and things the dermatologist prescribed. It would help a little for a while then seemed to just stop. My girlfriend bought me some Nivea men's face wash (The original maximum hydration one) and Nivea men's face cream and I am blown away. After about 4 or 5 days almost all the redness went away. I felt like crying. I've dealt with this for so long and finally found something that helped! Its been about a year now and the Nivea is still working amazing. I'm definitely not saying it will work for everyone like it did me but you should give it a shot. The face wash and cream are only $9 for both. Hopefully some of you will have the results that I did. Let me know if you have any questions. Take care.
    Thank you for sharing, I'm so pleased for you, it's wonderful when you finally found something that works. A make up artist told me that she uses Nivea men's face cream before applying make up, she says it works like a dream.

Comment

Well that's awesome, almost too good to be true haha. So of course I have to ask about it.

First off, which products do you precisely use? (Either post a link or the full name written on the containers.) I only found this: https://www.niveamenusa.com/products...scrub-local_US

Regimen: So how often do you apply the products, which one first, what time of day, do you ever apply tap/shower water to your face, what about shaving and finally do you use ANY other products/supplements for your skin?

Also if you wouldn't mind; how severe was the rosacea to begin with (i.e. intensity and affected areas) and has it fully gone back to the skin tone you had before? Which sub-type(s) was it? (Very important.)

I hope that wasn't too much. Thnx.

Comment

Originally posted by BraceYourself View Post
        Well that's awesome, almost too good to be true haha. So of course I have to ask about it.

First off, which products do you precisely use? (Either post a link or the full name written on the containers.) I only found this: https://www.niveamenusa.com/products...scrub-local_US

Regimen: So how often do you apply the products, which one first, what time of day, do you ever apply tap/shower water to your face, what about shaving and finally do you use ANY other products/supplements for your skin?

Also if you wouldn't mind; how severe was the rosacea to begin with (i.e. intensity and affected areas) and has it fully gone back to the skin tone you had before? Which sub-type(s) was it? (Very important.)

I hope that wasn't too much. Thnx.

Hey I replied to you the other day but I'm checking back and now I don't see it. I must have forgot to hit submit. So I apologize for the long delay in getting back to you. Here are some links to the exact products I use.

Face Wash Link.

Face Cream.

As for my regimen, I use the face wash in the show in the mornings. I usually shave when I get out and put on the cream when I'm don't shaving. For the first month I would use the face wash again before bed. Now I just use it in the mornings.

As far as other products or supplements I don't use any. I use to use Prosacea which worked fairly well but I don't need it anymore. Also another thing I noticed is when visiting family up north they have a water softener system on their house.

I cant begin to tell you how much of a difference that makes. My skin looked 10 times better after showing in their water for a few days, and that's before I started using the Nivea. A good system is also like $1200 so that may not be an option

haha.

The severity of my rosacea was fairly severe. I had extremely red skin with bumps and it would turn scaly. The main areas that I had trouble with was my checks, nose, and around my eyes. I was a cross between Sub-type 1 and 2.

I would say I'm about 90% back to my normal skin tone. The only area that still has some redness are my checks.

I hope this helps. Once again feel free to ask any more questions you have.

Comment

Originally posted by newguy03 View Post
          Hey I replied to you the other day but I'm checking back and now I don't see it. I must have forgot to hit submit. So I apologize for the long delay in getting back to you. Here are some links to the exact products I use.

Face Wash Link.

Face Cream.

As for my regimen, I use the face wash in the show in the mornings. I usually shave when I get out and put on the cream when I'm don't shaving. For the first month I would use the face wash again before bed. Now I just use it in the mornings.

As far as other products or supplements I don't use any. I use to use Prosacea which worked fairly well but I don't need it anymore. Also another thing I noticed is when visiting family up north they have a water softener system on their house.

I cant begin to tell you how much of a difference that makes. My skin looked 10 times better after showing in their water for a few days, and that's before I started using the Nivea. A good system is also like $1200 so that may not be an option

haha.

The severity of my rosacea was fairly severe. I had extremely red skin with bumps and it would turn scaly. The main areas that I had trouble with was my checks, nose, and around my eyes. I was a cross between Sub-type 1 and 2.

I would say I'm about 90% back to my normal skin tone. The only area that still has some redness are my checks.

I hope this helps. Once again feel free to ask any more questions you have.
          Better late than never I always say. Thanks for replying back!

I think I've noticed that cream once or twice at the supermarket so I might be able to easily pick that one up. I used to put on a post-shaving cream (from Nivea as well) but for the last 2 years I haven't because I'm too afraid lol. Hopefully it won't grease up my face alongside Soolantra.

Recently I got a shampoo for people with sub-derm, just to be on the safe side, so I think I'll stick with this for now. I also don't let (non distilled) water touch my face, which means that I'd have to change that habit in order to use the face wash anyway... but it's good to know for the future as another possibility.

Got to say that I'm even more impressed that it worked since you said it was sub-type 2 as well. I don't have sub-type 2 (1 and 4 here), but I heard that it's because of the so-called "Demodex mites" which are stubborn and are usually treated with prescription meds. Respect man.

At the very least the cream shouldn't do anything bad (for sub-type 1) so there's not much risk in testing it out for me.

Comment

BraceYourself, the Nivea men's products in the US are very similar to those available in the UK. Another page in the link you gave has the details of the range. https://www.niveamenusa.com/products

Comment

Here are the ingredients for the Nivea Men Creme

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Alcohol Denat., Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carbomer, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Geraniol, Parfum

Does anything stand out as good or possibly irritating for rosacea skin?

Comment

Originally posted by Alex1927 View Post
                Here are the ingredients for the Nivea Men Creme

Aqua, Glycerin, Paraffinum Liquidum, Alcohol Denat., Cetyl Alcohol, Glyceryl Stearate, Hydrogenated Coco-Glycerides, Stearyl Alcohol, Cera Microcristallina, Palmitic Acid, Stearic Acid, Tocopheryl Acetate, Sodium Carbomer, Myristic Acid, Arachidic Acid, Oleic Acid, Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Geraniol, Parfum

Does anything stand out as good or possibly irritating for rosacea skin?
                That one

Anyway cremes, and gels are waste of time. All they do is hydrate your skin, they lack the power to regenerate or reverse damage. They are also expensive while mostly containing the same cheap ingredients.

Comment

dazed1, do you have any real evidence that methyl paraben fulfils either question posed by "Does anything stand out as good or possibly irritating for rosacea skin?"?

Comment

Originally posted by johnabetts View Post
                    dazed1, do you have any real evidence that methyl paraben fulfils either question posed by "Does anything stand out as good or possibly irritating for rosacea skin?"?
                    Its something i try to avoid usually when i was trying to control my rosacea few years ago. I havent put many research in ingredients since i don't use any of them anymore - to answer your question, no i got no evidence neither i looked for it, like i said lotions/cremes are useless generally, at least compared to CO2 extracts and oils they are.

Comment

Let's give it a shot

Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have been reading quite a lot in the meantime (so much information that it is hard to keep up).
                      Just a short background regarding my Rosacea history:
                      About 2 years ago (at age 26), I noticed that especially my cheeks were staying red, where before this was only the case when I exercised or ate/drank very hot food and beverages. In the beginning it didn't bother me really, but during the following months it began to get worse and worse and especially the veins were getting more and more visible. Before seeing a docter/dermatologist, I tried many creams which didn't really seem to help me. One month ago I went to the dermatologist, who described me Rosiced (comparable with Rozex), an antibiotic cream which I need to apply each evening. One month later, I can not say that here has been any improvement.
                      I've included a picture in order that you can see what I'm dealing with:
                      20180716_120414(1).jpg

At the moment, I don't cleanse/wash my face, just with water. I'm not sure how my face will react, but I'm eager to give it a shot. I will try to update you on my tests

Comment

Rosiced was the first cream I used for my rosacea. It kicked in after 6 weeks of use, so try to be patient.

Comment

Originally posted by Reddevil View Post
                          Hi,

I'm new to this forum and have been reading quite a lot in the meantime (so much information that it is hard to keep up).
                          Just a short background regarding my Rosacea history:
                          About 2 years ago (at age 26), I noticed that especially my cheeks were staying red, where before this was only the case when I exercised or ate/drank very hot food and beverages. In the beginning it didn't bother me really, but during the following months it began to get worse and worse and especially the veins were getting more and more visible. Before seeing a docter/dermatologist, I tried many creams which didn't really seem to help me. One month ago I went to the dermatologist, who described me Rosiced (comparable with Rozex), an antibiotic cream which I need to apply each evening. One month later, I can not say that here has been any improvement.
                          I've included a picture in order that you can see what I'm dealing with:
                          [ATTACH=CONFIG]5328[/ATTACH]

At the moment, I don't cleanse/wash my face, just with water. I'm not sure how my face will react, but I'm eager to give it a shot. I will try to update you on my tests
                          If you're still around, how did it go?

Comment

I have a very dry sensitive skin.I finally found the products that worked for me.

1.My Konjac Sponge Pink Clay:gently clean my skin witout soap ,gel etc.I feel clean after use.I only use it on my forehead ,nose and eyes because I am shaving every other day.

2.shaving soap : proraso sensitive shaving cream and gillete sensitive razor blade.its gentle enough for my skin.

3.sebamed baby soap.I use it in my face as I feel need. its gentle soap.

4.shower in warm water every two days not everyday because shower make me dry.Without using any creams, I can get the skin moist, clean and soft.creams are making things worse for me.

I'm sorry for my bad english.hope will help you

Comment

Working...
                            X