Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

help!! need advice on a moisturiser/ sunscreen! cerave has let me down!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help!! need advice on a moisturiser/ sunscreen! cerave has let me down!

abit of background! for 2 to 3 years i was happy using the original cerave am lotion! the texture! the finish! the ingrediants! even liked how the slight white cast of the zinc oxide brightened my skin! unfortunately cerave changed the formula! changed the type of chemical sunscreen! and replaced the zinc oxide with a nano zinc! the new formula is nothing like the previous! its so greasy and oily! and it upsets my skin! cvs and target sell something like the orginal am lotion! but its also greasy as i guess they have cut costs and there are some ingrediants that aint the same as the original cerave! can someone please recommend a moisturiser that is similar to the original cerave AM lotion spf30! maybe in the usa you can still get the original its usually marked "new look" ! ive tried all kinds of moisturisers and sunscreens! and there all either too greasy or dont have that great smooth matte finish! HELP!!

Here's a discussion of the new, 2/2015, formula for CeraVe AM lotion, which also points out that there are store-label versions of the old formula in the US: https://brandefy.info/blog/2017/2/4/...urizing-lotion

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
      Here's a discussion of the new, 2/2015, formula for CeraVe AM lotion, which also points out that there are store-label versions of the old formula in the US: https://brandefy.info/blog/2017/2/4/...urizing-lotion
      thats kinda was i was trying to explain! i have the store versions! and although they have the original cerave am lotion ingrediants and same amounts in terms of the sunscreen! the other ingredients are not the same! and this has a big impact on the overal lotion! its just too oily and greasy! the original cerave had an almost dry texture to it! that would leave skin quie dewy then dry to a touch dry consitency! im really dismayed at the overall newer cerave products! they have replaced all there zinc oxide products with nano zinc ! which there is still alot of controversy over wether the zinc can be absorbed into the skin! also they have added titanium dioxide to there sunscreens which gives the worst cast ever and has its own controversy surrounding it! im hoping that the aquisition of cerave by l'oreal earlier this year will hopefully change some of its products! cos the new am lotion and sunscreens have been having terrible feedback reviews!

Comment

Interesting that you find the new formula too greasy. I suspect the culprit is the addition of BTMS, which is in the new formula and not in the old formula. BTMS is an emulsifier (allows oil and water to mix). BTMS feels very greasy to me, as I bought some, but the test batch with it felt terrible and I ended up just throwing it away. It wasn't useable, in my opinion.

BTMS avoids the complexities of the HLB system (for emulsification), but you have use a lot of it, about 5% to 8%, for it to be an emulsifier.

Look at the .pdf below -- I put yellow check marks next to all the emulsifiers, so you can see the differences in the formulas more easily:

CeraVe AM comparison of old and new formulas-2.pdf

Comment

Oops, steareth-2 and steareth-21 are also emulsifiers and should have check marks.

Comment

good work! yeah thats what im saying! its gutting that the copied version has the non nano zinc but has a host of other ingredients that are highly questionable! i believe its quite tricky to do but i think if you added zinc oxide to the cerave pm version you would have a pretty impressive moisituriser/sunscreen! zinc oxide, niacinamide and ceramides etc! pretty much like the original am version! the pm ingredients are :

Purified Water, Glycerin, Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, Niacinamide, Behentrimonium Methosulfate and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceteareth-20 and Cetearyl Alcohol, Ceramide 3, Ceramide 6-II, Ceramide 1, Phytosphingosine, Hyaluronic Acid, Cholesterol, Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Potassium Phosphate, Dipotassium Phosphate, Sodium Lauroyl Lactylate, Disodium EDTA, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Carbomer, Xanthan Gum.

Comment

Refined avocado oil, every other day, on clean face. Not more then 4-5 drops before bed.

Never use,

Soaps
              Washing lotions
              Shampoos

Or any washing ingredient on your face, maybe 1x per 2 weeks max.

Comment

Working...
              X