Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bland oil for the most sensitive skin

Hello all,

Sorry for doubling up on the posts today. I am currently slowly trying to build back my skin barrier (using information on Dr. Bailey's website). Does anyone know what the most gentle oil is for building back up this barrier Is? I have tried olive oil and coconut and have had reactions to both. Olive oil was helping the stinging for a bit but I realized my face was getting more and more red over time and felt worse after not applying for one afternoon. I then read that oelic (sp.) could be damaging to the barrier.

Would love to hear your thoughts

Originally posted by 24andred View Post
    Hello all,

Sorry for doubling up on the posts today. I am currently slowly trying to build back my skin barrier (using information on Dr. Bailey's website). Does anyone know what the most gentle oil is for building back up this barrier Is? I have tried olive oil and coconut and have had reactions to both. Olive oil was helping the stinging for a bit but I realized my face was getting more and more red over time and felt worse after not applying for one afternoon. I then read that oelic (sp.) could be damaging to the barrier.

Would love to hear your thoughts
    There are many options out there. And I'm not an expert on them. However, I'm using vitamin E and jojoba oils at the moment. Started a few days ago. I just use the Vit E caps and mix one with a few drops of jojoba oil in my palm. Gently massage it on and let it sink in.

I'm also trying to help my skin barrier. I don't know that it's going to help with that, though. What I do like is how it reduces sensitivity and makes my skin feel less reactive.

I find jojoba oil to be quite "safe" - so doubt you will react to it. (I don't find it moisturizing enough on its own. I Iike the Vit E. My skin calms down from it. Rosehip, however, makes me go red -. Think it's the Vit A in it.

Hope this helps! God luck!

Hope this helps.

Comment

The only oil I've found helpful is pure almond oil. Coconut oil, Emu oil, jojoba oil etc all caused break outs for me. I think it's a matter of trying different oils (the highest quality, purest form you can find) and seeing what works best. One thing that I did read that I think is true is that the oils have advantages for improving the condition of the skin etc, but are not necessarily very moisturising by themselves, so you do need to address the moisturising of the skin in some other way often - this again is a problem for rosacea because moisturisers often cause break outs and/or redness to people with rosacea.

Comment

Working...
      X