cbd

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cbd

I'm looking into a cbd moisturiser / oil to be applied topically to my nose and orally for overall benefits.

I'm considering buying the hemp and extracting the cbd myself , olive oil seems the cheapest, easiest way to consume / extract the properties and unlike co2 won't destroy some of the properties.

There are a lot of charlatans and swindlers out there because it's a relatively new area of medicine with,pretty good research indicating a wide range if benefits including anti inflammatory and anti cancer.

I trust more the opinion of someone here than reviews promoting a product or a random forum.

Would love to get some input.

Hi Ponty, I made a hops cold extract with a French Press, where the fresh green hops were soaked in 91% isopropanol for 3 days. The solids were strained off and pressed to extract all the liquids via the coffee press. I stirred it twice per day. Very easy to do.

I suspect that if you heat it, you extract different components than if you leave it at room temp. You would have to study this further or experiment, to determine how heat changes the results.

I use the hops extract at 0.025% in an MCT lotion and MCT shower scrub. Hops cold extract plumps-up the stratum corneum, and temporarily reduces fine lines and wrinkles.

Hops plants and cannabis plants are related to each other. Hops are the buds of the plant.
    Last edited by Tom Busby; 27 December 2016, 07:58 PM.

Comment

After years of scant relief from pharmaceuticals and doctors, frustration recently drove me into concocting my own CBD cream and I'm getting what would be considered miraculous results.

I've lurked here for years and have tried most everything available for PP rosacea including diet, supplements and prescriptions. Some helped, some hurt, but none were a cure and there was never a substantial remission.
      With that desperate background, and residence in a MM state - a light bulb lit up and I procured some raw CBD oil and dispersed it into some Cerave PM for twice daily application.

Of course this is very un-scientific, and the results are only preliminary at best, but my PP count went from <80 to >20 in two weeks. Doxy takes two months for half that improvement. Ivermectin is effective for me but won't stand alone. So for me, these results are unprecedented in five years of treatment.

Purportedly the CBD has two effects that would seem beneficial for Rosacea, it's powerful anti-inflammatory effect and it's ability to inhibit sebum production. My limited experience seems to indicate that both can be put to work with a topical application, I hope others can find similar results.

Comment

Originally posted by rascali View Post
        After years of scant relief from pharmaceuticals and doctors, frustration recently drove me into concocting my own CBD cream and I'm getting what would be considered miraculous results.

I've lurked here for years and have tried most everything available for PP rosacea including diet, supplements and prescriptions. Some helped, some hurt, but none were a cure and there was never a substantial remission.
        With that desperate background, and residence in a MM state - a light bulb lit up and I procured some raw CBD oil and dispersed it into some Cerave PM for twice daily application.

Of course this is very un-scientific, and the results are only preliminary at best, but my PP count went from <80 to >20 in two weeks. Doxy takes two months for half that improvement. Ivermectin is effective for me but won't stand alone. So for me, these results are unprecedented in five years of treatment.

Purportedly the CBD has two effects that would seem beneficial for Rosacea, it's powerful anti-inflammatory effect and it's ability to inhibit sebum production. My limited experience seems to indicate that both can be put to work with a topical application, I hope others can find similar results.
        I just got my medical marijuana card for a tumor and the doctor suggested this for my face! Can you send me or post on here the recipe that you use?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Tom Busby View Post
          Hi Ponty, I made a hops cold extract with a French Press, where the fresh green hops were soaked in 91% isopropanol for 3 days. The solids were strained off and pressed to extract all the liquids via the coffee press. I stirred it twice per day. Very easy to do.

I suspect that if you heat it, you extract different components than if you leave it at room temp. You would have to study this further or experiment, to determine how heat changes the results.

I use the hops extract at 0.025% in an MCT lotion and MCT shower scrub. Hops cold extract plumps-up the stratum corneum, and temporarily reduces fine lines and wrinkles.

Hops plants and cannabis plants are related to each other. Hops are the buds of the plant.
          I don't understand? But didn't the alcohol kill some of the goodness. I heard it does

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by rascali View Post

In the UK I can't find raw CBD, is that the 100% strength stuff?
            I am testing (day 2) with a 5% oil. I put it on my skin neat, undiluted (from what I have read this is safe) , a few drops rubbed on my nose. It takes the redness away after around 2 hours. Is this still working for you?

Comment

My doc recommended cbd oil orally to help with neuroinflammation. While it calmed me down a bit, it didn’t help my skin. I took 30 mg for almost a year.

Comment

Pretty interesting, but isn't alcohol super stripping?

Comment

Where do you live? Because if you live in a place where this is all legal and have access to a dispensary I would strongly suggest you visit one. As someone that used cannabis for medical purposes, I know how important it is to be aware of what your body can and can't support. After dispensaries started to open in Los Angeles, I found it so much easier to just go in and talk about these issues with people that were pretty specialized in the field. It started to be a dream of mine to be able one day to open my own dispensary and during quarantine last year I began doing more in-depth research. I'm not going to give full information on the process here, but you can check this site if you are interested to read more by yourself. It's a site that helps me a lot with different knowledge on the matter. Either way, I'm not only doing this for obvious self benefits, but because I know dispensaries are a safe way to inform yourself about these products, and this is how we can all overcome the stigma.
                  Last edited by TraceyM; 8 April 2021, 10:31 AM.

Comment

Are you putting raw 100% CBD oil directly on your face. ?

Comment

Working...
                    X