Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which eyeliner when dealing with malassezia?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which eyeliner when dealing with malassezia?

I'm struggeling with a major malassezia rash on my back. I've also had it on my shoulders twice and a small spot on my cheekbone before. I've had the malassezia furfur on my lower back for many years, but it haven't bothered me much. (Also I'm thinking this recent flare-up is because of candida and trying out how to kill of that overgrowth)

I've never had problems with malassezia rash around my eyes, but I looked at the ingredients on my kohl eyeliner and they are amongst others: Theobroma cacao (cocoa) seed butter, copernicia cerifera (carnauba) wax, ceresin, cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, caprylic/capric triglyceride, ricinus communis (castor) seed oil, cera microcristallina (microcrystalline wax), kaolin, polyester, hydrogenated cotton seed oil, butyrospermum parkii (shea butter), simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) seed oil, silica, tocopherol, mangifera indica (mango) seed oil, santalum album (sandalwood) oil.

I'm guessing all these oils are recipe for disaster if malassazia thrives on oil? I love this eyeliner, (it's from E.L.F) it's vegan and cruelty free and fits my needs and my (bad) makeup skills perfectly! But I'm scared I'll get attacked with this horrible yeast around my eyes - That would be the stuff of nightmares and horror movies! So I'm thinking better safe than sorry? I've been using coconut oil for eye make-up remover for a couple of years and I've never had any reaction to it - yet. (I always wash it off straight away)

So my question is since my make-up powder is already oil free and contains zinc, and I've stopped using all kinds of lotion or skin care products on my face and body the only thing remaining to make my life semi-livable with this is eyeliner and make-up remover. Any suggestions or experiences to share with me? I'm desperate!

P.S: I'm allergic to aloe vera (I know, FML.)
    Also; since I've stopped using anything on my face in forms of creams, oils or lotions, my pores have gotten smaller and my acne so much better(!)

This is my first post here, I'm sorry if it's been asked before or is in the wrong section.
Working...
X