Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can daily sunscreen use improve redness and mitigate inflammation over time ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can daily sunscreen use improve redness and mitigate inflammation over time ?

Hello, lurker here!

I've been having mostly mild type 1 rosacea on butterfly area for about 1,5 years now. My concerns: redness (it can fade sometimes, but not often enough ), inflamed, oversensitive nose (I'll see derm soon about that) induced by flushing from the wrong meds in the past, and some small caps on cheeks and now also unfortunately on the nose .
    Generally I've managed to break the flushing cycle, so that's already good. My big dream is to get my face into remission.
    I've read practically everywhere about the importance of daily sunscreen use so I'm willing to get one. I don't have bad reactions to sun thankfully, but what keeps crossing my mind is if I used sunscreen religiously also indoors every 2 hours for a few months or longer, my skin wouldn't have to deal anymore with UVA and UVB radiation. I've read that sunlight promotes VEGF production and therefore inflammation, so wouldn't sunscreen help the inflammation to die down? Shouldn't it help the redness,capillaries and sensitivity? (Of course, paired with trigger avoidance, diet, skincare etc.)
    Has anyone used sunscreen daily and seen their skin improve?
Working...
X