I am going to start TTO tomorrow.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am going to start TTO tomorrow.

I bought a 4 oz bottle of undiluted TTO off amazon. How should I go about diluting it and with what? I am kind of new to this and I have read several different topics on this without much information on the dilution. I am currently using soolantra and a facial clenser. Should I be using TTO twice a day or only in the morning after I wash my face? How long should I use TTO? My face is very red on the cheeks and have cysts. It's gotten terrible.

I am going to start TTO tomorrow.

Originally posted by newjacksm View Post
    I bought a 4 oz bottle of undiluted TTO off amazon. How should I go about diluting it and with what? I am kind of new to this and I have read several different topics on this without much information on the dilution. I am currently using soolantra and a facial clenser. Should I be using TTO twice a day or only in the morning after I wash my face? How long should I use TTO? My face is very red on the cheeks and have cysts. It's gotten terrible.
    How long have you been using Soolantra? I would say that you should complete the treatment with Soolantra first and if it doesn't work, then you can try tto. The fact that your face got worse can be attributed to the die-off effect of mites and it shows that the cream is working. Ask your dermatologist if you can take oral doxycycline to minimize the inflammation. I think that ivermectin is more effective and less toxic than tto.
    IF you eventually decide to use tto, it can be diluted for example in MTC, sea buckthorn oil, sweet almond oil, argan oil. You start with 20% concentration and gradually increase to max 50%. Put it on your face in the evening only, as it is photosensitive and the mites surface outside the follicles at night anyway. Use it at least for 4 months. Maintenance afterwards is required for either treatment, approximately once a week, you'll see how it goes.
    MariaSt
    Last edited by MariaSt; 31 October 2015, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I have rosacea and looking for a treatment. What's TTO?

Comment

Originally posted by jujujujuju View Post
        I have rosacea and looking for a treatment. What's TTO?
        TTO is tea trea oil

Comment

Originally posted by MariaSt View Post
          How long have you been using Soolantra? I would say that you should complete the treatment with Soolantra first and if it doesn't work, then you can try tto. The fact that your face got worse can be attributed to the die-off effect of mites and it shows that the cream is working. Ask your dermatologist if you can take oral doxycycline to minimize the inflammation. I think that ivermectin is more effective and less toxic than tto.
          IF you eventually decide to use tto, it can be diluted for example in MTC, sea buckthorn oil, sweet almond oil, argan oil. You start with 20% concentration and gradually increase to max 50%. Put it on your face in the evening only, as it is photosensitive and the mites surface outside the follicles at night anyway. Use it at least for 4 months. Maintenance afterwards is required for either treatment, approximately once a week, you'll see how it goes.
          I just started soolantra about a week ago. I saw that you are from Greece, so is my family and they are coming to visit in about 2 weeks. I normally tell them to bring me some meli and dupon. Is there anything I should ask that I can't get in the USA for Rosacea? Is soolantra in Greece and can I get it cheaper? I haven't tread the TTO yet. I am going to stick with the Sulfer clense cream, Selsun Blue and Soolantra. It's working, slow, but it's working.

Thanks

Comment

I just started soolantra about a week ago. I saw that you are from Greece, so is my family and they are coming to visit in about 2 weeks. I normally tell them to bring me some meli and dupon. Is there anything I should ask that I can't get in the USA for Rosacea? Is soolantra in Greece and can I get it cheaper? I haven't tread the TTO yet. I am going to stick with the Sulfer clense cream, Selsun Blue and Soolantra. It's working, slow, but it's working.

Thanks
            Medications are much cheaper in Greece than in the USA,so it's a very good idea to buy anything you or your family need here. Unfortunately, Soolantra is still not available in Greece. It'll be at the end of 2016 and it's cost is going to be 40€. Sulfur creams,permethrin are not available either,anymore. The doctors here just prescribe doxycycline or metronidazole and that's it. What is "dupon"? If you started using Soolantra just a week ago and you already see results,I would say that it works pretty quick. Good for you! Have you noticed any difference in the way the usual food triggers (if you have any) affect your skin after this one week?

Comment

Medications are much cheaper in Greece than in the USA,so it's a very good idea to buy anything you or your family need here. Unfortunately, Soolantra is still not available in Greece. It'll be at the end of 2016 and it's cost is going to be 40€. Sulfur creams,permethrin are not available either,anymore. The doctors here just prescribe doxycycline or metronidazole and that's it. What is "dupon"? If you started using Soolantra just a week ago and you already see results,I would say that it works pretty quick. Good for you! Have you noticed any difference in the way the usual food triggers (if you have any) affect your skin after this one week?
              Dupon the headache medicine. I don't think food is really a trigger. I get pulsates/cysts on my face, the soolantra has helped a lot with it. My face is still red. I have been taking doxycycline for almost 9 months and I had to stop because I was on it too long.

Comment

Dupon the headache medicine. I don't think food is really a trigger. I get pulsates/cysts on my face, the soolantra has helped a lot with it. My face is still red. I have been taking doxycycline for almost 9 months and I had to stop because I was on it too long.
                I see,you mean Depon (paracetamol). How much does it cost in the US?

Comment

I see,you mean Depon (paracetamol). How much does it cost in the US?
                  It does not exist in the US. Whenever I go to Greece, I pick some up.

Comment

I'm also just started soolantra and doxycyline. So you think soolantra has less side effect than tto ? I'm also using metro gel. My face is a total mess now, I'm depressed to read that newjacksm didn't get improvement after 9 months of doxycycline.

Comment

Originally posted by Mytorrow View Post
                      I'm also just started soolantra and doxycyline. So you think soolantra has less side effect than tto ? I'm also using metro gel. My face is a total mess now, I'm depressed to read that newjacksm didn't get improvement after 9 months of doxycycline.
                      Soolantra has less side effects and is more effective than tto in killing the mites. Doxycyclin doesn't kill the mites,it kills only the bacilli inside the mites and after prolonged treatment with it, these bacilli become resistant. It's helpfull as a anti inflammatory agent,though, dermatologists usually prescribe both Soolantra and doxycyclin, the latter minimizes the die-off effect of the mites. Put metrogel in the morning and Soolantra in the evening,maybe the metrogel will work well as an alternative to doxycyclin and you will not need doxy at all. It's up to your derm. The fact that your face is worse than before is a good thing,usually it signifies that the treatment works. This worsening should last about a week.

Comment

Working...
                      X