Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Trying to treat w/ Tea Tree, rash of some sort popped up after months, pic included

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi,
    Been a while since I posted in this thread, not sure if any of the same people are still reading it. For about a year the spot went away and everything looked pretty good. Just recently the red spot on my cheek reappeared and is getting bigger. I have no clue what is causing this! I can't think of anything I changed in my routine.

In the shower I'm using yes to tomatoes clear skin activated charcoal bar soap and I was using a moisturizer on my face that said dermatologist approved. I was also still using the Selsun blue dandruff shampoo with selenium sulfide in the morning. As a moisturizer I'm now going to try Cetaphil non-comedogenic fragrance free moisturizing cream. The funny thing is, I used a solution of Teatree oil on a zit on my neck about two weeks ago. Could this be causing a flare up on my cheek? How long would this sensitization last??? I thought I ruled out tea tree oil but I'm probably never going to use it again now. Again not sure if that's really what is causing this, I was good for about a year!

Comment

Ok, it was getting worse again. The new lotion did not help so I went out and got the De La Cruz Sulfur Ointment (recommended in this thread a few pages ago). I used it last night for the first time, while my face is still red and bumpy it actually feels more "calm" today. I am going to keep using it like this...

-Before showering at night I will let the sulfur sit for 10 minutes on my face
      -In the shower I will rinse it off with water only (directions say use just water)
      -Once out of the shower I will apply the Cetaphil non-comedogenic fragrance free moisturizer
      -In the morning I will use a fragrance free bar soap made for the face

Comment

Tea tree, also known as melaleuca, is well-known for its powerful antiseptic properties and ability to treat wounds. I always use it.

Some of the many traditional uses for tea tree include healing:

Acne
        Bacterial infections
        Chickenpox
        Cold sores
        Congestion and respiratory tract infections
        Earaches
        Fungal infections (especially Candida, jock itch, athlete’s foot and toenail fungus)
        Halitosis (bad breath)
        Head lice
        MRSA
        Psoriasis
        Dry cuticles
        Itchy insect bites, sores and sunburns
        Boils from staph infections

Comment

Working...
        X