X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by davekelly View Post
    So if you are a Flusher .

How does tanning your face work ?.

Because the Sun is a trigger for nearly every Flusher .
    If I have to go to the sea I put sunscreen in the cheeks area. I have no idea why it works for me but I always feel better after having been at the sea, maybe it's also the salty water.. no idea.
    I have no idea why it works, but getting tanned makes my KPRF almost unnoticeable and reduces even flushing/blushing .. I guess I should move to Brazil ;)

Comment

Originally posted by darkside View Post
      If I have to go to the sea I put sunscreen in the cheeks area. I have no idea why it works for me but I always feel better after having been at the sea, maybe it's also the salty water.. no idea.
      I have no idea why it works, but getting tanned makes my KPRF almost unnoticeable and reduces even flushing/blushing .. I guess I should move to Brazil ;)
      I agree with that . remember the melanton craze .

But that had its problems as well (moles )

Theres always a catch with everything

Comment

Hi, there are quite a few older threads on this forum in which people share that their skin improved after being exposed to the ocean water/salt air. Could be the magnesium in the water? Or something to do with the salt water as a whole? Anyway, here's one of the threads, but there are more: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...und-a-solution

Comment

Originally posted by hg24 View Post
          Hi, there are quite a few older threads on this forum in which people share that their skin improved after being exposed to the ocean water/salt air. Could be the magnesium in the water? Or something to do with the salt water as a whole? Anyway, here's one of the threads, but there are more: http://www.rosaceagroup.org/The_Rosa...und-a-solution

That's seems to work for people with subtype 2 rosacea

But people with red face and flushing ... Hmmmm

Comment

Could be right. Am just wondering if the ocean water is the reason that Darkside's skin does better at the sea.

Comment

Hello, new member here

I bought this Honevo and here's my two cents:

My Honevo arrived in 11 days from New Zealand to Japan. It wasn’t particularly well packaged and arrived a bit battered and worse for wear. No other additional instructions either except for what was written on the tube/box. For example, does 15 minutes mean ONLY 15 minutes or is 1 hour okay too (for example, over breakfast)? And why? I often have mine on for 30 minutes to 1 hour while eating or doing something else. I’d like to know why 15 is the magic number but no mention of that as there is no leaflet included directly related to this product. There is a leaflet but for a completely separate product though. So a wee welcome leaflet with some basic info would have made me feel better.

On opening the box the first thing I noticed is how small the tube is. It's only 50g; I never gave this much thought to start with. The second thing I noticed is how sticky the consistency is. It can't be smoothed into the skin like a normal cream etc and requires a patting-type technique. It has been cold here and that doesn't help!

Day 1 left my face feeling hydrated with no need to moisturise. But after a few days I had to start moisturising again as my face flaked and felt really tight. However, there is definitely a feeling of something good going onto my skin.

It feels really good on my skin but I just can't see how it can help with my heavy flushing. I flush at everything and nothing! A heavy, fire-on-my-face flush for me is a good 9.5 out of 10. Also, I'm not sure if it can help with the breakouts on my forehead. I use steroid cream for that every 4 days. It may be that it'll just help with some base redness, and if so, I'm wondering if I can justify the price for only that (as flushing is the worst for me).

My rosacea consists of:

1. breakouts on my forehead every 4 days (use steroid cream - works well)
              2. 'teardrop' area under my eyes, extending down about 2-3cm, gets blotches (use steroid cream or ZZ cream - both work well)
              3. blotchy swollen nose (use Rosacea LTD IV - works well enough, sometimes takes a little time though)
              4. base redness on cheekbone area (Eucerin Redness Relief Daily Perfecting Lotion SPF 15 - gives my face a more pinkish and less bright red tone which means I can function with less anxiety.. basically just masking my red face)
              5. terrible flushes in cheekbone area (use SPF15, as above, but doesn't seem to hide my flushes)

If this stuff works for any two of the above then I'm fairly certain I'll purchase more. If it works for only No. 5, the terrible flushes then there is no doubt in my mind that I'll go to NZ, find the mad scientists who put this concoction together and kiss him! Then I'll find his wife and kiss her! That's how much of an affliction these goddam flushes are on me. I doubt that'll ever come to fruition though Mr Lucky Scientist and Wifey, so no need to worry there, but ever the eternal optimist I have to be. It'll also be interesting to see if it has any effect on my KPRF...

joe

Comment

Joe,

As far as time goes, longer is better. I suspect 15 minutes was suggested because of the practical limitations for many people.

Here is what I do. I put on a decently thick layer and leave it on as long as I practically can (at home and such). After that, I dab off the excess with a plush cloth. This will leave a layer that is imperceptible. So you still have some benefits without the issue of walking around/sleeping with honey on your face.

As far as what it will help with, who knows. It is probably just a matter of trial and error. For me, what I like the most is that it is an occlusive barrier, has anti-inflammatory/anti-bacterial properties, and is natural. Because of this, I don't need to use anything else on my face. So that would be an improvement over anything else I have been using.

Comment

Good man wiry, thanks. Often I may leave it on for 30 minutes to an hour then wash off. May try your variation though. Good to hear you don't need anything else on your skin! That must be great! Yep, it certainly feels good on the face especially knowing it is naturally anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. So have you noticed a reduction in your redness?

It's been over two weeks since I started Honevo. Have I noticed any difference yet? "Not sure" is the best answer. My rosacea is up and down and round-a-bout on a daily basis so it's hard to judge if there's progress or not. I have a base redness, flush badly and get blotches on my nose and face and breakouts on my forehead.

reduced base redness? - not sure

reduced flushing? - no

reduced blotches? - no, and I've even had blotches on my nose in a place I've never had them before, however, the blotches in my teardrop area are just kind of hovering, half there but half not - like they are not coming fully out

stop the breakouts on my forehead? - no

I've had to use my "CC" cream again on my blotches. This works great on my teardrop area. The Rosacea-Ltd lV usually deals with the blotches on my nose but I've been trying not to use it to see if the Honevo works instead. No signs of that yet, and as mentioned, I'm even seeing blotches on a part of my nose that I've never had before.

It's warming up where I live and the honey seems to go a lot further when at a warmer temperature.

One good thing is that I'm starting to pay attention to my face more than ever. I'm going to continue to use Honevo but the redness and flushing on my face change so much from hour to hour and day to day that it's so hard to tell if it's working to reduce the redness or not.

joe

Comment

What is strange is that I have a reduction in redness when it is on, but not when taken off. I don't really understand this, but perhaps it is displacing the sebum (I have oily skin) and my skin prefers that. Hard to say. I think I need a few more weeks before I can make further comments.

Comment

>What is strange is that I have a reduction in redness when it is on...

that's the same as me funnily enough

Comment

Originally posted by joe k View Post
                        >What is strange is that I have a reduction in redness when it is on...

that's the same as me funnily enough
                        That being the case, you may find that the approach I am using (just dab off excess) can keep can help for an extended time period. With this approach, you can pretty much have the honey on all the time. Although that sounds a bit odd, I don't think it is any different than using a moisturizer, oil, or other product.

The other nice thing is that I find this approach leaves a matte finish and reduces the appearance of pore size. Since I have oily skin, this is very welcome. I have not found a moisturizer than can do that. They usually leave the skin more oily looking.

Comment

wiry, do you have SD? Honey is a proposal solution against SD. May be this Honevo gives relief for people with mixte condition?

Comment

Anyone else tried this stuff?

Comment

Working...
                            X