any GENTLE Sulfur Cleansers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My Dermatologist recommended Joesoef Skin Care Sulfur Soap

Try Joesoef Sulfur Soap 10% w/ Salicylic Acid it's alternative to Zinc and Benzoyl Peroxide which was ineffective. My Dermatologist highly recommended Joesoef Sulfur Soap because it contains Salicylic Acid which gently removes dead skin cells to heal acne and redness caused by Rosacea. My regimen is to use warm water and lather the soap on my face and neck. (the secret is to leave it on for at least 1 or 2 minutes) I find the longer I leave it on before rinsing the more effective it is for my Rosacea, acne and complexion. Plus this soap is pH balanced so you don't have to worry about over drying your skin. It's a $9 solution to Rosacea you can find online at their website JoesoefSkinCare.com. I purchased from my Dermatologist but you can buy in bulk online. I hope this helps someone else suffering from Rosacea because I too was in battle dealing with depression because of my skin disorder but now I have a healthy complexion and I even been getting compliments on my skin, first time in years. This soap has changed my confidence in so many positive ways. Try for yourself and good luck!

Originally posted by nerdybird View Post
    I want to try an OTC Sulfur soap for my rosacea, but they all seem to have harsh detergents in them. If I use harsh soaps, my (non-rosacea) acne freaks out. I'm ok with the sulfur being drying, it's the other ingredients that I need to be gentle.

Here are a few contenders I'm looking at:

Derma Klear Soap: contains all kinds of soothing natural ingredients like aloe, but has 10% sulfur which might be too strong for my needs. (my rosacea is fairly mild.)

Dr. Kaufmann Medicated Sulfur Soap: It contains Zinc which can be soothing, but none of the other ingredients are listed online anywhere. what else is in this?

Adov​ia Sulf​ur Soap: it gets really good reviews but again, I can't find any ingredients list anywhere.

Grandpa's Thylox: that's what I'm using right now, but it contains Sodium Palmate and Sodium Cocoate, which I'm pretty sure are considered to be too stripping for the face. unless somebody can tell me otherwise? it feels good now, but when it comes to stripping your skin, you don't see the negative effects of that until many days or weeks later.

anyone have any advice or suggestions? I actually wouldn't mind trying to make my own soothing sulfur soap, like mixing a cream cleanser with sulfur powder or something.

Comment

Found a new one, Dr. Berry's Multipurpose Sulfur Cream (not a cleanser)

• Shea butter, vegetable glycerine, calendula flower oil, and jojoba oil sooth skin
      • active sulfur and and tea tree oil
      Brady Barrows
      Blog - Join the RRDi

Comment

Dr Kaufmann Medicated Sulfur Soap:
        Ingredients:
        Sodium Palmate, Sodium Palm Kernelate, Sulfur, Perfume, Zinc Oxide, Lanolin, Water, BHT, Tetrasodium EDTA, CI 21108, CI 12490

FORMULATION: Each 100g contains 2g Sulfur and 750mg Zinc Oxide

Comment

Working...
        X