X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daylong sunscreen

Has anyone tried Daylong extreme 50+?

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (nano), Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Pentylene Glycol, Alcohol, Sorbitol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Tocopherol, Decyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Acrylic Acid/VP Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder

http://cdn-img.aponeo.de/09431339-da...-lotion-b1.jpg

I ask because I'm already so afraid to buy anything new only to store it on the shelf and never use it again.

I found some reviews that said it wasn't greasy, which would be wonderful, of course. My current sunscreen is practically tallow.

From reading those ingredients, I personally would not buy it because of the alcohols & propylene glycol in it, not to mention all the long chemicals that I have no idea what they are. My skin seems to be happiest when I don't give it much to deal with. I haven't yet found a sunscreen I like, though, so I stayed indoors most of this summer.

Comment

Rosacea Sunscreen Selection Guide

You can use this guide to find a suitable sunscreen:

http://www.rosacea-sunscreens.net/Selection-Guide.html

Comment

I just joined this forum mainly because I had questions about this very issue. I am having one heck of a time choosing a sunscreen. thanks for the link. It might take me some time to decipher it but it looks like some good ideas there. I read a bunch of stuff online about sunscreens that are appropriate for people with rosacea only to find somewhere else said the opposite. It was saying to avoid titanium dioxide all together which is pretty hard to do if you wear any makeup! I selected a sunscreen only to realize it looked awfully chemically and it's only true virtue was what it did not contain. If anyone comes up with a specific type (I prefer drugstore) that is good I would love to hear about it.
        I have had some success with skin care if anyone is interested. I have used Physician's Formula skin concern sensitivity and redness cleanser and moisturizer. The redness relief moisturizer not the redness corrector. I really like this formula. Previously I was battling dry skin and in my effort to select non irritating skin care, I was not addressing my dryness which of coarse irritated the rosacea. The cleanser was gentle and the moisturizer was really soothing. It really improved my dry skin. Unfortunately nothing from this line has sunscreen. I am afraid it may be discontinued because it hasn't been in stores for months and I can only find it on sites like Amazon. I have also tried Clinique redness solutions and I like the moisturizing cream and cleanser. These are also moisturizing and seem to improve my skin without irritating it. This was a gift and I was disappointed to find that the moisturizer is $42 and the cleanser is $22. They have another product with spf which I am hesitant to pick up because of the price. My only issue with this product is it may be a little heavy for me for this time of year but I am sure I will soak it up like a sponge in the winter time.
        I'm still figuring out how to use this forum so I wasn't sure where to post questions or if I even can yet, hence squeezing it in here.
        Thank you for the forum.

Comment

Best sunscreen I have EVER used.

Greetings. I have skin that is extremely sensitive to sun and chemicals.
          I have tried zillions of sunscreens. All thus far have been to varying degrees either greasy, and/or shiny and/or irritating.

The exception is Daylong 50+ which I recently discovered while in New Zealand. It was recommended by a friend who works outdoors all day. He swears by it.

It is relatively expensive but worth worth it. The ingredients appear to be state of the art.

Like all sunscreens it does have a very slight greasiness. It has a light feel though(especially say 30 mins after application).
          It appears to have top notch state of the art chemical UV filters. That means no alien metallic/white sickly sheen. Thus far it has protected me very well in the humid Auckland summer and the dry Melbourne summer.

Unlike most chemical sunscreens it does not go bad after a few hours and start irritating my skin.

I have not seen it for sale in Australia(yet). You can buy it online from New Zealand at the following site:
          edit -link removed
          mfm

Hope this helps.

Originally posted by geisterhaut View Post
          Has anyone tried Daylong extreme 50+?

Here are the ingredients:

Aqua, Ethylhexyl Salicylate, Methylene Bis-Benzotriazolyl Tetramethylbutylphenol (nano), Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Diethylhexyl Butamido Triazone, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Dibutyl Adipate, Pentylene Glycol, Alcohol, Sorbitol, Dimethicone, Cetyl Phosphate, Cetyl Alcohol, Triethanolamine, Tocopherol, Decyl Glucoside, Lecithin, Acrylic Acid/VP Crosspolymer, Propylene Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice Powder

http://cdn-img.aponeo.de/09431339-da...-lotion-b1.jpg

I ask because I'm already so afraid to buy anything new only to store it on the shelf and never use it again.

I found some reviews that said it wasn't greasy, which would be wonderful, of course. My current sunscreen is practically tallow.
          Last edited by man_from_mars; 28 January 2014, 01:09 PM. Reason: I'm pretty sure Google works in Australia too :)

Comment

Originally posted by JuniperSong View Post
            From reading those ingredients, I personally would not buy it because of the alcohols & propylene glycol in it, not to mention all the long chemicals that I have no idea what they are. My skin seems to be happiest when I don't give it much to deal with. I haven't yet found a sunscreen I like, though, so I stayed indoors most of this summer.
            I use it and it is the least irritating sunscreen I have ever used. I have extremely sensitive skin.
            Oh, some of the "natural"(yeah right) white zinc house-paint like goop that leaves a white smear on everything one touches was also quite non irritating but I find that stuff awful to wear and it makes me look like a freak

Note: I am not a spammer or product shill. I'm a fair skinned 50+ year old guy(currently unemployed) who has had a 50c piece(Australian) sized chunk of arm removed due to BCC and have tried many many sunscreens. So far, this one seems to be the best for me.

Comment

Daylong Sunscren

Daylong is one of the best sunscreens available (I am not a dermatologist). It is not available in the U.S. however. Check out wikipedia. It contains Tinosorb S (bemotrizinol) and Tinosorb M (bisoctrizole) , developed by BASF. They have excellent UV A & B blocks. I burn very easily and this is excellent sunscreen. Unfortunately I have to get it from ebay, Amazon or an overseas pharmacy. There is a good one in New Zealand and it costs $30. (includes S & H),for a 30ml tube, with 50+ SPF. I didn't feel it was greasy. Also check out the Enviromental Working Group website on sunscreens. It lists many sunscreens that are very good (100+). Unfortunately you won't find most of them in stores. Daylong is made in Switzerland I think. Daylong does not contain zinc oxide. Although most of the highest rated lotions / sunscreens do contain it. Daylong rubs on much smoother than most all lotions containing zinc oxide. GT
              Last edited by greenthumb; 29 May 2014, 12:18 AM. Reason: clairification

Comment

Working...
              X