Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Incredible results with calendula oil

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Incredible results with calendula oil

    I ordered some calendula oil on eBay because it's supposed to soothe inflammation and be antibacterial.

    (What I received was, specifically, "Calendula-infused almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil & vitamin E oil")

    I dabbed a bit on, didn't see any immediate results, and forgot about it for a week.

    Two days ago, I slathered my face with it and kept it on all evening. The next day, the difference was staggering!! Parts of my cheeks are almost completely pale, only the most stubborn permanent red areas remain. I did the same thing last night and I look even better today.

    When I leave it on for a couple hours, it's like a miracle.

    Here's a good article about calendula.

    Just thought I'd share
    KNOWLEDGE = POWER

  • #2
    Very interesting. Do you think it is the calendula that does the miracle, or is it the special combination with jojoba etc that does the trick?

    Comment


    • #3
      Whats the brand name of the oil? Just curious as to who makes it.

      Comment


      • #4
        unclebob,

        I thought of that, and I really don't know. I assumed it was the calendula because of its anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial properties. I haven't researched those other oils yet, so I don't know what they're good for. Maybe I just got lucky and ordered it from the one person on eBay who makes this mixture that works so well for me... or maybe calendula in any form would do the trick.

        In any case, I'm going to order a lot more!

        FUredness,

        It might be homemade, I'm not sure... it's "Joyful Girl Natural Products." I got it on eBay. It was a little embarrassing because when they packed it, they made it all girly with pink tissue paper and bows, sheesh...

        I used it again last night, and this is the third day in a row I've woken up pale.
        KNOWLEDGE = POWER

        Comment


        • #5
          I've found calendula-infused oil works well for me also. My calendula oil has olive oil as the base, so that may point to the calendula actually helping rather than the almond, apricot, or jojoba oil.

          It's actually really easy to infuse your own oil. Just buy the dried herb (I actually use a combo of calendula and chamomile), fill a sterile glass jar with the herb, pour in enough oil that it fills the jar, then let the herbs infuse in a sunny window sill for 1-3 weeks (depending on how strong you want it and how hot the sill is). Strain the oil using a cheesecloth. I use organic ingredients so as not to have pesticides in my oil. Adding vitamin E will help keep the oil from going rancid.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Incredible results with calendula oil

            Originally posted by Steve95301
            I ordered some calendula oil on eBay because it's supposed to soothe inflammation and be antibacterial.

            (What I received was, specifically, "Calendula-infused almond oil, apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil & vitamin E oil")

            I dabbed a bit on, didn't see any immediate results, and forgot about it for a week.

            Two days ago, I slathered my face with it and kept it on all evening. The next day, the difference was staggering!! Parts of my cheeks are almost completely pale, only the most stubborn permanent red areas remain. I did the same thing last night and I look even better today.

            When I leave it on for a couple hours, it's like a miracle.

            Here's a good article about calendula.

            Just thought I'd share
            Is this the same stuff?
            http://cgi.ebay.com/NATURAL-CALMING-...QQcmdZViewItem

            Comment


            • #7
              Yep, that's the exact one.
              KNOWLEDGE = POWER

              Comment


              • #8
                Well the price was right so I went ahead and ordered some!!

                Comment


                • #9
                  I sense that calendula is cooling, it might be worth studying more for rosacea, perhaps add it to zincoxide creams to further cool down the skin.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by beaniegrl
                    I've found calendula-infused oil works well for me also. My calendula oil has olive oil as the base, so that may point to the calendula actually helping rather than the almond, apricot, or jojoba oil.

                    It's actually really easy to infuse your own oil. Just buy the dried herb (I actually use a combo of calendula and chamomile), fill a sterile glass jar with the herb, pour in enough oil that it fills the jar, then let the herbs infuse in a sunny window sill for 1-3 weeks (depending on how strong you want it and how hot the sill is). Strain the oil using a cheesecloth. I use organic ingredients so as not to have pesticides in my oil. Adding vitamin E will help keep the oil from going rancid.
                    Beaniegirl.
                    Where do you buy the dried herbs? And how much of each oil do you use?

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      So Steve you don't have any problems of this stuff breaking you out after using for a few days?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        I found this about Calendula,

                        http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/q...&dopt=Abstract

                        http://www.raysahelian.com/calendula.html

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Originally posted by Bonnie
                          So Steve you don't have any problems of this stuff breaking you out after using for a few days?
                          No, but then I don't have the acne component of rosacea, just the erythematotelangiectatic subtype.

                          I don't know if calendula would work for oily skin... it would probably still be worth trying.
                          KNOWLEDGE = POWER

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            FYI: In the recent past there have been others on the R-S Support boards that have mentioned getting relief from Boericke & Tafel Califlora Calendula Gel. I believe Dr. Johnson even commented on this. You can buy this at most health food stores I would think.

                            Below is the link to Drugstore.com's product:
                            http://www.drugstore.com/products/pr...UY-PLST-0-SRCH

                            Also, typing in Calendula will bring up several lotions, oils, and oitments that have it as an active ingredient...
                            http://www.drugstore.com/search/sear...&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by Bonnie
                              Beaniegirl.
                              Where do you buy the dried herbs? And how much of each oil do you use?
                              Bonnie,

                              Lately I've been buying my dried herbs from http://mountainroseherbs.com. They seem to have pretty good prices on bulk quantities of organic herbs. If you have a local health food store nearby, it may have herbs in bulk as well (or they may be able to direct you to a nearby store that does). The amount of oil just depends on the size of the jar you're using. You'll need enough to cover the herbs and fill the jar. I use olive oil, but you can use any other kind of oil that your skin likes. I haven't had any problems with breakouts from the oil and I have acne-prone skin. Hope this helps!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X