Ways to tan with rosacea that actually work

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ways to tan with rosacea that actually work

I've been reading about and testing about ways to tan on rosacea. I want to share my findings.

What worked:
    Supergoop with uniprotect-3. Uniprotect stimulates the natural anti-oxidant pathways in the skin. It does, however, have normal sun-filters to help the uniprotect out. Here's an article: http://www.cosmeticsdesign-europe.co...ryday-products

Melanotan 2. WOW. This made me look Italian! It did hurt my stomach and I got it over the internet under...uh...semi-legal circumstances.

Vitamin C and E serum. This worked by itself, believe it or not. It costs an arm and a leg, though. It's only equal to about SPF 8 so don't stay out too long. Maybe 10 or 15 min at most. It also makes skin glow, which is nice.

What didn't work:
    Shea butter. I didn't notice much of a difference. I think it clogged my pores too....not sure. It might be better to use as a post-tan moisturizer. It worked good for me in that regard.

Anybody got any other ideas or products for tanning?

Any real tan means damage has been done to your skin. Period. There really is no such thing as a healthy tan unfortunately and the dangers of melanotan are well documented. If you do a search here you can find many threads discussing this.

So I do not recommend tanning especially with rosacea but even without. However, if you want to experiment with fake tans that might be a suitable alternative and if you do a search on here perhaps there will be some helpful info regarding this option.

Best,
    Melissa

Comment

Originally posted by Melissa W View Post
      Any real tan means damage has been done to your skin. Period. There really is no such thing as a healthy tan unfortunately and the dangers of melanotan are well documented. If you do a search here you can find many threads discussing this.

So I do not recommend tanning especially with rosacea but even without. However, if you want to experiment with fake tans that might be a suitable alternative and if you do a search on here perhaps there will be some helpful info regarding this option.

Best,
      Melissa
      True, sun damages the skin. But in some way it seems to help me, like with my seb derm.

I too think melanotan is not exactly good for the body, but in the end it's up to the individual. I think that if I went on vacation to a tropical place I would use it for the week. Otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the sun and surf. Long-term use would probably be a bad idea, though.

Comment

Working...
      X