Anyone taking glisodin/pycnogenol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone taking glisodin/pycnogenol?

My flushing/burning is out of control. Almost from the burning, with no trigger, im red and hurting. It never used to be like this. I feel like ever since trying the mepacrine this is what my burning is doing, whereas before it never used to burn right away from the morning with no cause!!!

Wondering if any of you have tried glisodin or pycnogenol and if it helped with your flushing/burning.

Thankyou.

I used pcnogenol once during three days and i didn't notice much. I heard you can notice some improvements after one or two days. I am currently taking fish oil and flaxseed oil and don't eat as much as i used to. So far it's the best combination that reduce my flushing and significantly my inflammation.

Comment

My experience and understanding is a little different than guishome's.

Pyncnogenol is, likely, not a bad thing for overall health and may indeed protect blood vessels from damage. However, probably, you will not be able to detect much change at all in your flushing response. You take it on the basis that it is helpful over the longer term.

Glisodin acts rather more immediately. Buy one bottle, if you notice no change, forget it. Some stuff on it:

http://rosacea-research.org/wiki/ind...title=GliSODin

Comment

Originally posted by EK1 View Post
        My flushing/burning is out of control. Almost from the burning, with no trigger, im red and hurting. It never used to be like this. I feel like ever since trying the mepacrine this is what my burning is doing, whereas before it never used to burn right away from the morning with no cause!!!

Wondering if any of you have tried glisodin or pycnogenol and if it helped with your flushing/burning.

Thankyou.
        Hello EK1,

I have been taking pycnogenol & Ester C religiously for about 6 yrs (I was diagnosed 7
        yrs ago); I really do feel that it is a good long-term supplement and personally would not
        want to be without either of them.

I had severe flushing & swelling..............I am convinced that together with IPL's these
        helped me go from severe to moderate rosacea and now the RLT is helping me go from
        moderate to mild!

The pycnogenol is very £££ though!

Good luck.

J
        SUFFER FROM NEUROPATHIC ROSACEA & OCULAR ROSACEA SINCE 2002.

*Vit D3,Theratears Omega 3.

*LDN since October 2018.

*REN skincare range. TARTE cosmetics.

*Tried Clonidine, Moxonidine & Atenolol (None being taken at present ).

*Yearly IPL treatments until 2009.

* RLT Journey!" (Sept 09) **Using Britebox Revive..(Stopped ).

History of Hyperthyroidism (Graves) Lichen Planus (oral)
        PROUD TO BE DIFFERENT

Comment

Which would you suggest I try first ?

Is it true that with glosidin I should know within a dew days if it works ?

Comment

Yep, I found that Glisodin made an appreciable difference within a few days of taking it. Nothing spectacular, but welcome all the same.

If you are intent on getting something then you could do worse than this. This is the brand, I used to get. I'm sure you can probably get it cheaper elsewhere but I can't remember the supplier. Sorry.

http://www.sourcenaturals.com/products/GP1821/

Comment

I'll be going to the health food store and get some glisodin today, I really hope it helps the flushing!!

Comment

Picked up some today. Mine is by Now and has 100mg glisodin and 250mg wheat grass. It says to take one 1-3 times a day. How much are you taking?

Comment

Hi -

Just a heads up, anyone with gluten sensitivity or Celiac disease should not take Glisodin... I can't take it unfortunately, as I'm gluten sensitive (though not Celiac). However, I do take pycnogenol and think it helps a little - certainly hasn't hurt.

Yvette

Comment

Originally posted by EK1 View Post
                    Picked up some today. Mine is by Now and has 100mg glisodin and 250mg wheat grass. It says to take one 1-3 times a day. How much are you taking?
                    I initially took 1000mg a day. From memory, I reduced this to 750mg after a couple of months. I just checked back and these were the sort of amounts (1000mg/500mg) others took and had success with.

I found my cheap source: http://www.vitacost.com/Source-Naturals-GliSODin-Power

Comment

Just checking, there is no way that this stuff can cause increased flushing, right?

I've been taking around 300 - 600mg/day and had some more flushing but really, it could have been anything. Perhaps i should go higher or wait longer?

Comment

My advice: take 1000mg a day for a week. If you notice no improvement (most likely in terms of your flushing response to heat) do not bother with them further. (Wipe from your mind the notion that they might help within short order as this might skew the results of this rigorous experiment.)

Comment

So there's no way they could be causing flushing?

Comment

I can't recall anybody reporting an increase in flushing. The beauty of upping your intake to 1000mg is evident: if 600mg is maybe causing you problems, 1000mg should remove all doubt.

I suspect it could be that 'anything' which is causing you problems. I've been flushing more these last few days. I put it down to to my Autumn garb. I've been wearing a green jumper in combination with brown trousers. Theoretically a winning combination. Yet the green is too green and the brown is too brown and frankly I find it all rather unsettling - viscerally so.

Have you some sartorial unease about you, EK?

Comment

Pycnogenol

Originally posted by snuffleupagus View Post

Thankyou.
                              I was at hi health and the gentleman recommended Pycnogenol for my roseacia. I reluctantly decided to try it and it worked wonders for me for about five months. I took 50 mg twice a day. My roseacia was pretty much just on and around my nose area with redness and worst of all big and small red pimples and swelling. After 3 weeks it all cleared up and my skin was normal looking with no redness or pimples and all signs of roseacia gradually disappeared. After 5 months I begin to have some out breaks and have become very concerned. I upped my dosage to 240mg a day and as high as 360mg per day. The higher dosage seems to be working so I am hopeful that the pimples will go away completely and consistently again. I wondered if I am getting immune to the benefits of Pycnogenol and it's ability to fight my symptoms. Any suggestions as to other things that will fight the pimples and swelling would be appreciated. I am a male 56 in great shape and healthy.

Comment

Working...
                              X