X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Irritatedandflush
    replied
    Originally posted by man_from_mars View Post
    Haven't heard from TheMediumDog in a few years though he was very knowledgeable.

The company he contacted does have a website still going just haven't heard of many people posting about their product.
    Any word? Anyone know of anymore trials?

Leave a comment:

• man_from_mars
    replied
    Haven't heard from TheMediumDog in a few years though he was very knowledgeable.

The company he contacted does have a website still going just haven't heard of many people posting about their product.

Leave a comment:

• pom
    replied
    Did anything happen with this?

Leave a comment:

• johnabetts
    replied
    Originally posted by blushednflushed View Post
    Newbie here! I would like to volunteer for the study but when I clicked on your name I didn't see an option to send you a PM. I would like to try the formula as a lotion based product. I don't do well with gels/aloe vera. I feel smothered!
    BTW I don't wear make-up (haven't since I was a teen because of oily skin...I'm 39). I never knew why my skin turned red/blushed just by a simple touch until a recent visit to a dermatologist. She told me that my "adult acne", blushing, and sensitive to the touch, skin was rosacea. My emotions show easily with my rosacea, and I recently had a patient (I'm an occupational therapy practitioner) tell me she was worried about my blood pressure because my face/neck/chest was all red.....when in actuality I was hot and getting frustrated with her whining/complaining about doing the exercises in her treatment session....lol. But, I kindly smiled at her and said "thank you for your concern. I will have the nurse check my blood pressure AFTER our treatment session".
    Anywho, I'm excited to be a part of the forum and to know that there is a community of people out there who can relate! I look forward to reading through the posts for advise!
    I feel you may be somewhat late with your volunteering on this - have you checked the dates of the initial request?

Note: the options for PMs/ pictures etc come after you've made a few posts.

Leave a comment:

• blushednflushed
    replied
    Newbie here! I would like to volunteer for the study but when I clicked on your name I didn't see an option to send you a PM. I would like to try the formula as a lotion based product. I don't do well with gels/aloe vera. I feel smothered!
    BTW I don't wear make-up (haven't since I was a teen because of oily skin...I'm 39). I never knew why my skin turned red/blushed just by a simple touch until a recent visit to a dermatologist. She told me that my "adult acne", blushing, and sensitive to the touch, skin was rosacea. My emotions show easily with my rosacea, and I recently had a patient (I'm an occupational therapy practitioner) tell me she was worried about my blood pressure because my face/neck/chest was all red.....when in actuality I was hot and getting frustrated with her whining/complaining about doing the exercises in her treatment session....lol. But, I kindly smiled at her and said "thank you for your concern. I will have the nurse check my blood pressure AFTER our treatment session".
    Anywho, I'm excited to be a part of the forum and to know that there is a community of people out there who can relate! I look forward to reading through the posts for advise!

Leave a comment:

• mrsmoof
    replied
    TheMediumDog - any updates????

Leave a comment:

• Auburn
    replied
    Hi Sarah,

Not much going on back in January. Pity, really.

Leave a comment:

• phlika29
    replied
    Did we ever hear about the results on this compound?

Leave a comment:

• irritated
    replied
    looking forward to hearing how it worked!

Leave a comment:

• TheMediumDog
    replied
    That AD trial, above, has just been completed. So when the results come through, it will be interesting to read them. What works for eczema/AD is completely different, of course. But still...

Leave a comment:

• TheMediumDog
    replied
    Just to update: The final details of the participants are currently being collected in at the moment. The trial should begin in a few weeks.

On a slightly different note, it may be worth keeping an eye on this stage 2 clinical trial. It is the same compound they are testing out. Completion is soon - September - so hopefully results will be out after that.
    They are not testing it on rosacea, but on Atopic dermatitis (AD) - because it is the same enzyme that is thought to be involved (kallikrein 5) in the two conditions. Partly anyway.
    If they get negative results, though, it isn't necessarily a bad thing, since having read the patent application of the company involved, they seem to have neglected the fact that suppressing kallikrein 5 could worsen AD, because this would downregulate cathelicidin, which is thought to already be low in AD. They are focusing, rather, on the fact that supressing kallikrein 5 should improve the skin barrier, because this enzyme is involved in degrading the elements that hold the outer layer of the skin together.

In any case, the fact that they're doing stage 2 trials on AD (where, as said, people have a compromised barrier, and so are very prone to irritants) shows that the compound is probably pretty safe, non-irritating, and so on. Which is good to know.

Leave a comment:

• valby
    replied
    I imagine it is t like the exploratory stage to set up hypotheses that can be scientifically proven in stages II III etc. Interested to see what happens..

Leave a comment:

• MissD
    replied
    Originally posted by TheMediumDog View Post
    Hi MissD,

Just to be clear, you are talking about proper drug trials for FDA approval, I expect.

This is the stage before that (actually, two stages before that). There needs to be an indication that the ingredient is worth pursuing, before you can go about setting up trials for FDA approval. And the way you go about this is these relatively more 'casual' tests.

As I understand it, the next stage (if there are any results) would be a lot more rigorous, and this would provide the data on the basis of which a submission would be made to the FDA.

This is 'cutting-edge' stuff, so there's the need to see if the theory is up to scratch.
    Aah, okay. That makes more sense and it's good to hear since the lead dermatologist and his studies seem legit.

Leave a comment:

• TheMediumDog
    replied
    Hi MissD,

Just to be clear, you are talking about proper drug trials for FDA approval, I expect.

This is the stage before that (actually, two stages before that). There needs to be an indication that the ingredient is worth pursuing, before you can go about setting up trials for FDA approval. And the way you go about this is these relatively more 'casual' tests.

As I understand it, the next stage (if there are any results) would be a lot more rigorous, and this would provide the data on the basis of which a submission would be made to the FDA.

This is 'cutting-edge' stuff, so there's the need to see if the theory is up to scratch.

Leave a comment:

• MissD
    replied
    Interesting, but the way they're going about these trials is weird. My mom used to work in dermatology and what would happen is volunteers would be very carefully observed in the lab - the compounds would be measured, the researchers would make sure the volunteers were putting enough of it on, one side of the face would be treated while the other wasn't, there would be a control group, and a group that got nothing but placebo. Every single reaction was recorded by the researchers. I just don't see how people testing this medication from the comfort of their own home would be effective as far as trials are concerned.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X