Flakey Face

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking at a biofilm site

I went to some forum and am reading up. These people seem like their speaking another language-I love it! Reminds me of this board! Going through their posts I am noticing they are talking about so many things I have never heard of....

All interesting.....!

Comment

• Originally posted by solutionquest View Post
      I went to some forum and am reading up. These people seem like their speaking another language-I love it! Reminds me of this board! Going through their posts I am noticing they are talking about so many things I have never heard of....

All interesting.....!
      Yes, it's fascinating stuff. Only now, after so many years, am I managing to kill off the yeast that has been hiding under these tough biofilms.

Please let us know if you come across anything that would help in this war!

Comment

• Sally hey

Hey Sally! I am reading stuff on silver nanoparticles right now. When I was on that other website reading about biofilm I was thinking "My God, now these people are SERIOUS about getting rid of biofilm!" Which I understand! But it's like they had taken it to the next level!

What can you tell me about biofilm and your predicament? I am interested to know... very much so.

Comment

• Originally posted by solutionquest View Post
          Hey Sally! I am reading stuff on silver nanoparticles right now. When I was on that other website reading about biofilm I was thinking "My God, now these people are SERIOUS about getting rid of biofilm!" Which I understand! But it's like they had taken it to the next level!

What can you tell me about biofilm and your predicament? I am interested to know... very much so.
          I'm still on level one, Solutionquest. It was thanks to Tom Busby that I became alerted to biofilms and the part they play in seb derm. I have read through this thread and it's heart-breaking. Everyone asking endless questions as to what the 'build-up' or 'layer of flakes' might be made from.

Well, it's probably biofilm where cells stick together in order to protect the yeast. If you Google 'Xylitol biofilms you tube', you'll find some amazing videos (if you haven't already).

It's nearly midnight and I must get some sleep now. Level two tomorrow, I hope!

Comment

• Ok-level two and beyond!

Hey-great to know someone else out there will be researching with me! Fixing to watch the youtube videos.

I'll keep searching and report back.

I started using the lemon water face wash routine and found that it was to some degree breaking through the barrier-I had no scientific name for the barrier then but was thinking while reading about the lemon wash how I needed something to break through the wax (biofilm). I have been treating my face very gently for years-and with no regrets-aside from the fact that the wax will sometimes build up...

It got cold where I am living now-and this has got my face a little confused. Not ANYTHING bad like it has done before yet-but-it's got me thinking about my face and how to prepare.

With the lemon wash I had got to the point where I was cocky with my diet-coffee, apple pie, bread, etc etc----- now with it cold I have gone back to a strict diet- doing everything I can to tip my face back in the direction where it has a stronger barrier.

Anyway, I am going back to that forum and youtube now as well- up at work and have a little time to research. What was interesting about the other forum was that nobody was even talking about SD or rosacea... and there was quite a bit of talk about mental stuff and really just stuff that like I said I have never heard of....

Anyway-to level two and beyond!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sally View Post
              I'm still on level one, Solutionquest. It was thanks to Tom Busby that I became alerted to biofilms and the part they play in seb derm. I have read through this thread and it's heart-breaking. Everyone asking endless questions as to what the 'build-up' or 'layer of flakes' might be made from.

Well, it's probably biofilm where cells stick together in order to protect the yeast. If you Google 'Xylitol biofilms you tube', you'll find some amazing videos (if you haven't already).

It's nearly midnight and I must get some sleep now. Level two tomorrow, I hope!
              Hi there, could you link me to a thread or a web page that has some basic info on the causes and treatment methods? Cause I've been doing some searching and I honestly haven't been able to understand a word I'm reading lol

Like, is this an internal issue, or external, or both?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarshallB3 View Post
                Hi there, could you link me to a thread or a web page that has some basic info on the causes and treatment methods? Cause I've been doing some searching and I honestly haven't been able to understand a word I'm reading lol

Like, is this an internal issue, or external, or both?
                Hi Marshall

We have been discussing treatments for the removal of external biofilms on this forum since about June this year. If you put 'biofilm' in the above advanced search box you will find these.

It's quite a simple premise. Biofilms impair healing. They make it difficult for the lotions we are prescribed to work because they form a stubborn layer over the yeast.

This is with regard to Malessezia (seb derm) but I understand that biofilms are a fiendish way by which all sorts of diseases maintain their survival. And they have probably been doing this since the dawn of man.

I'm no expert and it's all too easy to misinform people on the internet, so I'll leave it up to you to do some digging. I personally find that raw honey and Xylitol are the two best products to remove biofilm. But hopefully the medical world will eventually come up with some amazing 'biofilm-buster' that will work in a matter of minutes and be a lot less sticky!!

Comment

Working...
                X