Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mistica View Post
    Taff,

I am sorry to hear you have suffered IPL damage.
    I know this is a bit off topic for this particular section, but could I ask what machine you were treated with?
    Did you experience lots of redness, or swelling with any of your treatments?
    To be honest i'm not sure what machine it was, but it was with Doctor Patterson and yes i had quite severe swelling from the first one, which didn't really show up badly until the next day and it went down after about 5-6 days. I had another treatment after that about 1 month later, the swelling was much less this time, even though he turned the setting up a bit, and it went down totally after about 3 days. I decided to stop the treatments as the second one made my seb derm much worse, although at that time i thought i had rosacea.I do think this has left me with the scarring. Since then i also had some N-lite, which was about 8 months ago, so it could be that as well. I only had one session, and i also had a few veins zapped but the idiot zapped me in the wrong places, so i had purpuric bruising in places i shouldn't have had it, but i don't think that scarred me but maybe the N-lite has?

Comment

Hey Webbie,

I wish I could offer you a solution but I just don't know. But some things that will cheer you up,

My friend had some pretty bad acne in highschool and he even said he used to cry at night because he thought he would be a 'crater face' for the rest of his life.

4-6 years later and the craters are gone with very little residue.

That being said, it will probably take lots of time, but as long as you aren't getting more, what might be 7 or 8 depressed marks could be even 0 within a few years.

One tip that may work is to supplement with natural vitamins and minerals that are known to promote collagen. All vitamins and minerals work together in the body but at the very least, make sure you are getting proper amounts of Vitamin C in your diet as I know that's directly related to collagen.

Comment

thanks

Hi,

Thanks for your post. The depressions I have are not deep because apparently my friends and family don't notice them, even when I ask them about them lately. They are noticeable to me when I look close and only in certain lighting and not noticeable in other lighting.

And apparently at least 4 or 5 of these depressions have been on my face for a while now and I didn't even notice it myself until I started scrutinizing my skin and looking too close in the mirror. I looked back at some pictures of myself over the past 3 years and saw some of them have been there. So when I think rationally, what I have is not as bad as I sometimes think it is. I know I don't have craters on my face or anything like that. It's just that my large pores, oily skin and these small acne depressions are what make the skin on my cheeks look not as smooth as I'd like for it to be. Part of it is aging too.

That is encouraging though what you said about your friend with craters. If his craters went away and my depressions are not craters, they are small depressions in my pores, then maybe some of them will go away with time, especially the recent ones. I've had mild acne most of my life so as long as I can keep the acne under control I would think I could prevent any other acne depressions in the future.

But maybe you're right, since some of these marks are not deep and they are small, they are the size of a pore or two, maybe in time they will continue to heal and be less noticeable to me. Thanks for the advice about the vitamin C.

Comment

I forgot to add that my depressions you can only see when the light hits my face from the side on a certain angle. Mine too are not craters, in most lights you can't see them.

Comment

Working...
          X