Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

sebhorreic dermatitis, steroid cream, help??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sebhorreic dermatitis, steroid cream, help??

so here's the quick story...

My skin had always been a little dry around my nose, but barely noticeable except for occasional flaking after showering...So i just had used general body lotion to solve that (yes it was scented, which i now know is really bad), but I never really had a problem until like a year ago I put someone after I had been outside and was sweating...it stung pretty badly and I noticed the next day on my cheeks and nose where I had put the lotion my face was really dry/red, and felt tight. I thought this would heal up and go away in a few days, but it didn't So for the next few months this would come and go every few days, I used Cetaphil moisutrizure to try to moisturize it, but it would still be somewhat red.

So eventually I decided to see a dermatologist about this in January. He said i had sebborheic dermatitis and prescribed me with some denoside steroid cream. For the first month or so, it really helped. It especially helped tone down the dryness/flaking and toned down the redness as well. Eventually, though the redness came back and my pores seemed to be more open than usual (not too much of a big deal, im more concerned about the redness and tightness). I went back to that derm and told him and he prescribed me a different steroid, this was more like a gel, after the first few uses I could tell it was not the answer.

After reading on here that using steroids on the face may not be the best thing, I decided to stop using them for a little and bought some of the Eucerin facial redness products (the night creme, the gentle wash, and the daily green lotion). It seemed that my face was getting better for a while, but there was still noticeable redness. I went to a different derm and told him all of this, he also said I have seb dermatitis and prescribed me a hydrocortisone/antifungus cream which would supposedly make the inflammation go down. After a few uses of this I really can't tell it might be making this worse.

I'm not really sold that I have seb derm because I dont really have the scaling/flaking (other than just regular dry skin).

During the summer I had avoided using anything, however after being at the beach and getting really sunburnt, I had used some Hawaiian Tropic Aloe (that stuff that helps with peeling and helps hold your tan) and for like a week my skin was in great condition, I thought I had found the solution. However, slowly the redness came back.

So currently, I have red blotches on my face with a burning sensation, but it is not too dry.

I'd appreciate any help, but my main questions are:

1. Should I completely avoid putting steroids on my face?? (I had used the denoside daily for like 2 months total)

2. Is there any specific type of antiinflammatory/antiredness lotion I could find?

3. Anyother help would be great, not only is it a little embarrassing, but I can also constantly feel the slight pain in face, which is just annoying (it also doesnt help that my summer job is in your standard, air conditioning blasting office)

Thanks a lot for any help!

Rosacea-ltd anyone?

I was wondering if anyone had Rosacea ltd III brown and white disk they have tried and arent using anymore? I wanted to give this product a try for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis combo.. I would really appreciate it if you have this handy and arent going to be needing it.. I hope to hear back from you..Thanks

You can email me back to: jmaguire1133@yahoo.com

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by jmaguire1133 View Post
      I was wondering if anyone had Rosacea ltd III brown and white disk they have tried and arent using anymore? I wanted to give this product a try for my rosacea/seborrheic dermatitis combo.. I would really appreciate it if you have this handy and arent going to be needing it.. I hope to hear back from you..Thanks

You can email me back to: jmaguire1133@yahoo.com

Mike

Hi i'm new to this forum - been suffering from sebhorreic dermatitis for atleat 14 years now - it actually hindered me from completing law school - yea thats how severe it was at one time and unfortunately it has come back!

I have tried pro-topic, metrogel and locoid lipocream and none could remedy my seb derm but today is the 2nd day I have applied clarifoam and i notice that the outbreak is 90% gone! I have never had this type of turnaround this fast! One day after using it, i am prescribed this foam lotion 2x daily, so this is awesome!

Also if you're suffering from seb derm your diet and stress management is very important since alcohol and spicy foods can trigger outbreaks and living a healthy lifestyle will greatly improve your chances of staying seb-derm free!

Comment

Clarifoam

Originally posted by harrysinghnyc View Post
        Hi i'm new to this forum - been suffering from sebhorreic dermatitis for atleat 14 years now - it actually hindered me from completing law school - yea thats how severe it was at one time and unfortunately it has come back!

I have tried pro-topic, metrogel and locoid lipocream and none could remedy my seb derm but today is the 2nd day I have applied clarifoam and i notice that the outbreak is 90% gone! I have never had this type of turnaround this fast! One day after using it, i am prescribed this foam lotion 2x daily, so this is awesome!

Also if you're suffering from seb derm your diet and stress management is very important since alcohol and spicy foods can trigger outbreaks and living a healthy lifestyle will greatly improve your chances of staying seb-derm free!
        Not that it will matter much as I am in Canada, world's smallest pharma-market, so many of these products failt o make it here, but do you use Clarifoam as a leave on product or do you wash it off after a specified period, I understand it can be used as both.
        "Get busy living or get busy dying."

Comment

Clarifoam?

I was wondering if Clarifoam is used better left on or washed off? I just recently picked some up at my local pharmacy, I'm hoping for the best! I have reddened skin especially on the nose. Hopefully this will calm the skin down to a more natural skin tone..

Comment

Originally posted by DMB32 View Post
            I was wondering if Clarifoam is used better left on or washed off? I just recently picked some up at my local pharmacy, I'm hoping for the best! I have reddened skin especially on the nose. Hopefully this will calm the skin down to a more natural skin tone..
            Hi, you could do either but if you have sensitive skin you might want to try and wash it off first for a few weeks and if you react OK to that you could then try leaving it on and see if that is more helpful.

Best wishes,
            Melissa

Comment

Working...
            X