Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Eyebrow itchiness +flakes, hair loss

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This is the thread I can be found on discussing my eyebrow, eyelash loss and chronic itch and scale. Thanks

    Comment


    • #17
      lol you sometimes have to weed out the bull**** posts

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by JelDeRebel View Post
        lol you sometimes have to weed out the bull**** posts
        I've been doing that for nearly 3 years lol. Spoke to lots of people, seen lots of professionals, people are just generally horrible and enjoy seeing people suffer and that's the truth of it.

        Comment


        • #19
          Update. I've been using zz cream on my scalp and beard. Not sure if it doing anything but I've been out in the sun a lot, swimming at the beach, running, excercing, relaxing and I seem to have less scale on my eyebrows and less noticeable loss but it still occurs. I've had less itch on my scalp this week I don't know if it's coincidence yet or because of weather changes or because I shave my head a lot. The zz cream doesn't seem to be drying out my skin and I use a lot. I havnt used it in my brows but I will next week before bed. I also use selsun gold with drops of tea tree oil which seems to kind of help with scale. I use eyedrops and steroid on my eyelashes, I seem to have less irratation throughout the day but lash loss still occur every morning and night. I see the eye specialist in 8 days I think. I am still taking planequil twice a day also. The biggest clue I have to all my symptoms is water contact irratates all areas. Water, sweat, moisture cause it to itch to insane levels. I don't see any redness in any of the areas. I can't see any changes to my scalp as in hair loss but I do lose hair, I cannot see any beard loss ever either. My brows still feel lifeless and wirey and hair growth continues but in very odd cycles and at a very slow growth rate. Very odd it grows like vellus, thin type hair then thickens up to a normal or thick hair. I share similarities to many of the alopecias but there's no proof I have any on any tests thus far. I can conclude on one thing, dermatologists are the scum of the earth lol
          Last edited by Samfromwa; 3 January 2021, 04:13 AM.

          Comment


          • #20
            Originally posted by Samfromwa View Post
            Update. I've been using zz cream on my scalp and beard. Not sure if it doing anything but I've been out in the sun a lot, swimming at the beach, running, excercing, relaxing and I seem to have less scale on my eyebrows and less noticeable loss but it still occurs. I've had less itch on my scalp this week I don't know if it's coincidence yet or because of weather changes or because I shave my head a lot. The zz cream doesn't seem to be drying out my skin and I use a lot. I havnt used it in my brows but I will next week before bed. I also use selsun gold with drops of tea tree oil which seems to kind of help with scale. I use eyedrops and steroid on my eyelashes, I seem to have less irratation throughout the day but lash loss still occur every morning and night. I see the eye specialist in 8 days I think. I am still taking planequil twice a day also. The biggest clue I have to all my symptoms is water contact irratates all areas. Water, sweat, moisture cause it to itch to insane levels. I don't see any redness in any of the areas. I can't see any changes to my scalp as in hair loss but I do lose hair, I cannot see any beard loss ever either. My brows still feel lifeless and wirey and hair growth continues but in very odd cycles and at a very slow growth rate. Very odd it grows like vellus, thin type hair then thickens up to a normal or thick hair. I share similarities to many of the alopecias but there's no proof I have any on any tests thus far. I can conclude on one thing, dermatologists are the scum of the earth lol
            Last edited by Samfromwa; 13 January 2021, 02:47 AM.

            Comment


            • #21
              I've had to deal with crusty itchy eyebrows for quite some time now. They're always red and crusty, sometimes the crust turns yellow and it peels off. It looks nothing like regular dry skin/dandruff, but I'm no expert. I've tried a few things so far:

              moisturizing lotion

              hydrocortisone cream

              anti-dandruff shampoo

              Comment


              • #22
                Ok I had the meeting with over 40 dermatologists. It was overwhelming. They put you in a room and one after another walk in. I see my derm in 2 weeks and he will tell me what they said because they had a meeting, conference at a university after. Some of them were very interested, some didn't care and some were very rude. Many of them felt intimidated that I know so much about their stupid medical field and know all the terminology and most were impressed. I gave them all copies detailing my symptoms, timeline, what products I've used, pictures and results. I answered every question in detail and represented myself well. One old derm douchebag said if the info is not on one sheet of paper he won't read it. Pathetic old fool he must of been bullied in highschool and lost all empathy for mankind. The best derm in my state was so nice and very empathetic, impressed with everything I've learnt. It was most defiently an awful experience. Hopefully my derm gets some kind of strategy from all this.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by Samfromwa View Post
                  Ok I had the meeting with over 40 dermatologists. It was overwhelming. They put you in a room and one after another walk in. I see my derm in 2 weeks and he will tell me what they said because they had a meeting, conference at a university after. Some of them were very interested, some didn't care and some were very rude. Many of them felt intimidated that I know so much about their stupid medical field and know all the terminology and most were impressed. I gave them all copies detailing my symptoms, timeline, what products I've used, pictures and results. I answered every question in detail and represented myself well. One old derm douchebag said if the info is not on one sheet of paper he won't read it. Pathetic old fool he must of been bullied in highschool and lost all empathy for mankind. The best derm in my state was so nice and very empathetic, impressed with everything I've learnt. It was most defiently an awful experience. Hopefully my derm gets some kind of strategy from all this.
                  When the RRDi was formed in 2004, the medical community was actually worse than your forty dermatologists, and, didn't take rosacea seriously, considered rosacea primarily as a cosmetic issue. Since then, the skin industry which includes the pharmaceutical companies involved with skin as well as the cosmetics companies have both sponsored millions of dollars of skin industry research and some of this money has targeted rosacea so there is some rosacea research. The vast majority, if not most, has been targeted at research on skin conditions that have a more devastating impact on sufferers, i.e., melanoma, psoriasis, with a tiny percentage on rosacea. The skin industry, which makes billions of dollars, now takes rosacea a little more seriously than it did seventeen years ago. Your getting the attention of forty dermatologists in an academic setting that gave you some attention shows that there is some progress. No rosacean could do this seventeen years ago and it was never done. The whole reason we formed the RRDi, not to mention the RRF (but I just did!), was that we wanted to make a united effort as rosaceans to get the medical community to pay attention to the 'voice' of rosacea sufferers. We wanted to sponsor our own independent rosacea research (the RRF actually did sponsor $16K by gathering the money from rosaceans) and impress the medical community that rosacea is a serious medical condition. So kudos to you for your courageous stand in front of all those dermatologists. The difference today is that rosaceans have an armamentarium of powerful digital tools with advent of the medical digital revolution and you have used these tools successfully. Dermatologists not keeping up with these latest digital tools are dying off and the young dermatologists are keeping up. The RRDi does take seriously that we need the medical community, particularly dermagologists to take rosaceans seriously and have gathered together 45 medical professionals, mostly dermatologists, who have some expertise in rosacea. If you think it is easy to gather 45 medical experts on rosacea into one medical advisory consultant body, I challenge anyone to do it. While the skin industry does not take the RRDi seriously because we simply don't have enough members, the RRDi is the ONLY non profit organization formed for this purpose. The dermatologists haven't taken seriously any of the rosacea social media groups where all the rosaceans have gone, and I doubt if they ever will other than a browbeat consideration. So I congratulate your stand before those 'learned' men and keep searching.
                  Last edited by Brady Barrows; 18 February 2021, 02:43 AM.
                  Brady Barrows
                  Blog - Join the RRDi


                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by Brady Barrows View Post
                    When the RRDi was formed in 2004, the medical community was actually worse than your forty dermatologists, and, didn't take rosacea seriously, considered rosacea primarily as a cosmetic issue. Since then, the skin industry which includes the pharmaceutical involved with skin and the cosmetics industry have sponsored millions of dollars of skin industry research and some of this money has targeted rosacea so there is some rosacea research. The vast majority, if not most, has been targeted at research on skin conditions that have a more devastating impact on sufferers, i.e., melanoma, psoriasis, with a tiny percentage on rosacea. The skin industry, which makes billions of dollars, now takes rosacea a little more seriously than it did seventeen years ago. Your getting the attention of forty dermatologists in an academic setting that gave you some attention shows that there is some progress. No rosacean could do this seventeen years ago and it was never done. The whole reason we formed the RRDi, not to mention the RRF (but I just did!), was that we wanted to make a united effort as rosaceans to get the medical community to pay attention to the 'voice' of rosacea sufferers. We wanted to sponsor our own independent rosacea research (the RRF actually did sponsor $16K by gathering the money from rosaceans) and realize that rosacea is a serious medical condition. So kudos to you for your courageous stand in front of all those dermatologists. The difference today is that rosaceans have an armamentarium of powerful digital tools with advent of the medical digital revolution and you have used these tools successfully. Dermatologists not keeping up with these latest digital tools are dying off and the young dermatologists are keeping up. The RRDi does take seriously that we need the medical community, particularly dermagologists to take rosaceans seriously and have gathered together 45 medical professionals, mostly dermatologists, who have some expertise in rosacea. If you think it is easy to gather 45 medical experts on rosacea into one medical advisory consultant body, I challenge anyone to do it. While the skin industry does not take the RRDi seriously because we simply don't have enough members, the RRDi is the ONLY non profit organization founded on this purpose. The dermatologists haven't taken seriously any of the rosacea social media groups where all the rosaceans have gone, and I doubt if they ever will other than a browbeat. So I congratulate your stand before those 'learned' men and keep searching.
                    Thank you Brady. I think I'll be releasing a journal I've been documenting to help others at some point. It'll reference this forum and the contribution it's made to me as far as info and keeping my general sanity. I think this forum is where egos go out the door and real info and experiences are shared. Ive read through hundreds of posts here dating back from 2013. Those 40 dermatologists, which I thought would be 12 to 15 are imbedded with ego and lack basic empathy. Unfortunately they're attitude is a worldwide phenomenon in dermatology now and they're profiting dearly from our misery with very minimal results and without any accountibility. I am lucky to have the resources to keep trying, I can't just give up like so many others. These skin issues are more then just cosmetic but are cause of pain, chronic itch, burning, crawling sensations and really cause a poor quality of life. I was not allowed to record yesterday's meeting. I had taken a gopro camera to do so. I'll keep this post updated. P.S the zhongzu cream didn't help me but it has cured my neice of erythema and acne. Thank you.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Samfromwa View Post
                      Thank you Brady. I think I'll be releasing a journal I've been documenting to help others at some point. It'll reference this forum and the contribution it's made to me as far as info and keeping my general sanity. I think this forum is where egos go out the door and real info and experiences are shared. Ive read through hundreds of posts here dating back from 2013. Those 40 dermatologists, which I thought would be 12 to 15 are imbedded with ego and lack basic empathy. Unfortunately they're attitude is a worldwide phenomenon in dermatology now and they're profiting dearly from our misery with very minimal results and without any accountibility. I am lucky to have the resources to keep trying, I can't just give up like so many others. These skin issues are more then just cosmetic but are cause of pain, chronic itch, burning, crawling sensations and really cause a poor quality of life. I was not allowed to record yesterday's meeting. I had taken a gopro camera to do so. I'll keep this post updated. P.S the zhongzu cream didn't help me but it has cured my neice of erythema and acne. Thank you.
                      Yes, RF (a vBulletin style platform) is definitely a gold mind of rosacea resource data and it would be a shame if we lost RF. Hopefully, David Pascoe keeps funding the bill here to keep the payments on the hosting and registration of the domain. It is basically the last 'forum' style platform for rosacea that has any activity. Even David's phpBB forum has about the same activity as the RRDi Invision Community forum platform.

                      The RRDi allows you to have your own rosacea blog for free and you could post your journal there and refer to your blog with a url similar to my blog:

                      https://irosacea.org/blogs/entry/4-bradys-blog/
                      Last edited by Brady Barrows; 18 February 2021, 03:32 AM.
                      Brady Barrows
                      Blog - Join the RRDi


                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X