Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swedish Seb Derm treatment: Myracid

Swedish Seb Derm product: Myracid

It’s a water based spray with glycerol and formic acid. Seems like a simple 3 ingredient treatment.

http://myracid.nordicshops.com

I found out about from a comment on skindrone:

http://www.skindrone.com/2015/02/nys...tis-treatment/

“Håkan Profile PhotoHåkan December 1st, 2016
    Hi

After over 10 years of facial SD I found a water based spray with glycerol and formic acid, that clears my skin. Just three ingredients.

Formic acid is the natural acid that ants spray when they get attacked.

The spray doesn’t dry the skin and the smell goes away after a few seconds. Don’t use it in mouth or eyes.

I by it at myracid.com.

Håkan
    Sweden”

I remember formic acid appeared in a few articles when I was researching acetic acid, but I haven't been able to determine what benefits the former has over the latter.

If it isn't drying, as this person claims, then that might be a point in its favour, since acetic acid is drying. But there's no mention of the concentration used in the spray, so if acetic acid were used in a low enough concentration in a formula with just water and glycerin, it likely wouldn't be drying either.

Acetic acid smells of vinegar (because it is vinegar), and formic acid apparently has a similarly pungent, vinegary odour.

I guess I just don't understand how this would necessarily differ from a formula of just diluted vinegar with glycerin added to counteract the dryness.

Comment

Thanks for bringing this up for attention

I live in Sweden but didn't know about this product. I have now ordered a bottle, and will try it for a month or so. Will report back here in the thread my experience/review.

Comment

Originally posted by One View Post
        I live in Sweden but didn't know about this product. I have now ordered a bottle, and will try it for a month or so. Will report back here in the thread my experience/review.
        Did you try it?

Comment

Yes, I've been using it for two weeks now but can't tell if it's effective just yet. What I can say is that the seb derm-zones of my face have reacted and the symptoms initially worsened. However, now it looks like the skin is slowly healing, with some areas having a sort of scab formation similar to wounds. So, thinking optimistically about it, this could be signs of healing.

I think the acid exposes the seb derm-areas because that's where the skin barrier is damaged. When applying the product there's mild/moderate stinging but only in those areas. It's milder than acetic acid(5%)/white winegar.

I hope that I will see clear improvement soon, but my plan is to use it for a month at least. I use it once daily.

Comment

Ive used Myracid for 10 Days now. I started seeing improvement after 2 days. I would say I got maybe 50-60 % improvement but now my flakes are returning. Still no flare-ups but the skin is starting to burn a bit and thats never a good sign. I will continuing using this product for at least a month. I also use it once daily.

Comment

Working...
            X