Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What works for me (scalp seb derm)

Hello everyone!

I've been dealing with seb derm on my scalp and face for about 3 years now. I also have slight rosacea > Although I am still trying to figure out what works for my facial condition, I have found some products that work very well for my hair and eyebrows. I have been doing this for a little over a month now and have had zero to very minimal flaking and NO ITCHING. Which is the best part because that drove me insane. So, here is my routine.

I wash my hair once every other day with JASON DANDRUFF RELIEF 2in1 SHAMPOO+CONDITIONER
    The active ingredient in this is Zinc Pyrithione 1%
    Anything stronger than that will usually fry my hair and make the dandruff worse. If you aren't familiar with this brand I would check them out because they don't use SLS, Petroleum, Parabens, or Phthalates. They also offer another version that is just the shampoo but contains sulfur and salicylic acid.

On the off days that I don't use the dandruff shampoo I wash with FREE AND CLEAR SHAMPOO and FREE AND CLEAR CONDITIONER. This brand is completely safe for anyone with chemical sensitivities. It doesn't have fragrance, gluten, SLS, coconut surfactants, formaldehyde, parabens, etc. I don't put the conditioner directly on my scalp. I just run it through my hair and on the ends.

Lastly, I use SHEA MOISTURE AFRICAN BLACK SOAP DANDRUFF CONTROL HAIR MASQUE twice a week. It contains tea tree oil and willow bark extract. It does not contain sulfates, parabens, paraffin, gluten, mineral oil, synthetic fragrance, or color. I section my clean wet hair, apply the product from roots to ends and leave it on for about 5 minutes. You can leave it up to 30 minutes and wear a cap while applying heat from a blow dryer but I don't do that. After I let it sit I just wash it off with warm water. This product is my holy grail pretty much and it makes my hair feel awesome.

For my eyebrows I have been using prescription Extina which is 2% Ketoconazole in foam form. The rest of the areas on my face need more experimenting since I haven't found something that completely works for that yet. You can find any of the products online or the hair mask can be found at TARGET, ULTA, or sometimes WALMART. Also, although I can't tolerate shampoo on my face I know that some people on here can and I think that Jason's shampoo would be a good one to try since it seems a bit gentle.

Anyway I hope these products can help some people because I know they have really helped me : ) I can even go a day or so without washing sometimes and not get the itch or flaking!
Working...
X