Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dietary oils to avoid and maybe good oils to consume for SD?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dietary oils to avoid and maybe good oils to consume for SD?

So I gather oleic acid is to be avoided? Just wondering what actual types of oils/fats are recommended to use/cook with when dealing with Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

I know virgin coconut oil is a no go for skin application, but it's ok to ingest, right?

Obviously fish oils should be good.

And anything else I should be avoiding? saturated fats good/bad?

Originally posted by andyW View Post
    So I gather oleic acid is to be avoided? Just wondering what actual types of oils/fats are recommended to use/cook with when dealing with Seborrhoeic dermatitis?

I know virgin coconut oil is a no go for skin application, but it's ok to ingest, right?

Obviously fish oils should be good.

And anything else I should be avoiding? saturated fats good/bad?
    I cook with coconut oil all the time, it's very healthy for you to ingest! Saturated fats are also good for you when it comes from a natural whole food.

You might consider reducing gluten, dairy and nuts as these are common allergies and may cause inflammation.

Comment

yeah I already avoid gluten (at least, wheat gluten) and I don't do dairy and not too much in the way of nuts either.

Just wondering about linoleic acid, if I'm to avoid oleic acid, should I try to get more linoleic acid? I sometimes have hemp oil which is high in linoleic.

Comment

Working...
      X