Biom8 Review

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Biom8 Review

Anyone try this? I just got mine today. Not sure if i'm gonna try it just yet as i'm trying out something else atm.

It's a formula created by someone who suffers from seb derm himself. He also wrote a small ebook on seb derm as well which is pretty good.

I've seen a couple of old posts in the sticky thread but not much.

Looks like a good product to try if the standard treatments don't work.

I tried it. But I have malassezia folliculitis, not seb derm and it didn't work for me. I read his e-book and tried his probiotic spray as well. I like the spray, but it's so much cheaper to break open a probiotic capsule and dilute in water when I need it.

Comment

I thought I had folliculits on my body for a long time but recently i went on antibiotics for the first time in years and coupled that with a benzoyl peroxide wash and my body has cleared up quite nicely.

My fears of antibiotics started in 2008 when the gluten/yeast frenzy took off so I refused to touch them and when I realized I had seb derm that stance grew stronger. They also didn't work very well for me when I had acne as a teen so I figured they wouldn't work at all.

Hopefully, my body stays fairly clear when I stop the antibiotics, i've had varying degrees of 'acne' on my body for about 15 years.

Comment

Originally posted by johny View Post
        I thought I had folliculits on my body for a long time but recently i went on antibiotics for the first time in years and coupled that with a benzoyl peroxide wash and my body has cleared up quite nicely.

My fears of antibiotics started in 2008 when the gluten/yeast frenzy took off so I refused to touch them and when I realized I had seb derm that stance grew stronger. They also didn't work very well for me when I had acne as a teen so I figured they wouldn't work at all.

Hopefully, my body stays fairly clear when I stop the antibiotics, i've had varying degrees of 'acne' on my body for about 15 years.
        I saw 3 derms for my folliculitis and the first 2 both gave me antibiotics, which always helped (everything cleared to about 95%) while I was on them, but within 2-3 days of stopping the ABX, the folliculitis flared stronger than each time before. The 3rd derm actually did a biopsy to confirm malassezia. I don't understand why antibiotics help with a fungus while on them, but not after the course - none of the derms seem to be able to offer an explanation either.

Maybe there's a reaction between the bacteria and malassezia. Or perhaps the malassezia cell walls change somehow when they interact with the host, as referred to in this article:

http://journals.plos.org/plospathoge...l.ppat.1004523

I also don't understand why Sporanox/Itraconazole works for some ppl but not so well for me. I am in the process of working with a naturopath to get my hormones balanced out as well as some gut issues. If I ever figure anything out, I'll let you know.

I sure hope yours stay gone when you're done your ABX!! Please keep us posted, or send me a PM.

Comment

Can't say i've found biom8 effective yet. I've been using it for about 3 weeks.

I just stopped antibiotics a few days ago so i'll see soon if the folliculitus or acne comes back. I'm using a benzoyl peroxide 5% oxy wash on my body which i'm hoping will be enough to keep it at bay.

Comment

I tried BIOM8 Oil for over a month and saw no results.

I think it potentially works as a simple moisturiser that might not aggravate SD (though the jury's out on that seeing as it contains a plant seed oil), but looking at the ingredients I don't really see any source of anti-fungal activity.

It contains capric/caprylic acids, seabuckthorn seed oil, glycerin, and tocopherols (vitamin E). All of those ingredients save for the seabuckthorn seed oil were found in the topicals I had been using anyway.

It seems to work for other people, though, so I suppose it's worth a shot based on that, although how it manages to do that still eludes me. The guy behind it is really nice and has clearly done his research (and his inclusion of capric/caprylic acids shows that his findings somewhat align with those of Tom Busby's).

Comment

I wanted to add it as a moisturizer after using an antidandruff shampoo but that didn't seem to work very well.

Also, I do notice my folliculits or acne on my back slowly coming back about 10 days or so after stopping antibiotics.

Comment

Johny, are you still using the Biom8? And final thoughts on the product? I am debating about ordering it...

Thanks
                S

Comment

No, not using it anymore. I had a bumpy folliculits type rash all throughout my scalp/temple area appear when i was using it so I stopped everything. Can't say that the biom8 caused it but I haven't tried it again since.

No idea if it can be effective, only used it for a week or two.

Comment

Biom8

Originally posted by Daners View Post
                    I tried it. But I have malassezia folliculitis, not seb derm and it didn't work for me. I read his e-book and tried his probiotic spray as well. I like the spray, but it's so much cheaper to break open a probiotic capsule and dilute in water when I need it.
                    BIOM8 is designed for people who have seb derm. I have had severe seb derm for over 2 decades. I have used this product for over 2 months and ever since day 5 or so of using BIOM8, I basically have zero signs of seb derm....I am not making this up and I have no real reason to talk up BIOM8 except that I don't want seb derm sufferers to suffer as I did. So, yes, if you are looking for something to heal your seb derm...BIOM8 just might do the trick..It has worked a miracle on my skin!

Comment

And you just signed up so you could tell us about this miracle cure, that totally works!?

Comment

I just bought some, and will try it out

I have suffered from Seborrheic Dermatitis for around 8 years, and although some treatments have seemed to help more than others, I am still looking for a decent solution. My yearly search tonight came across this Biom8 product, and I was searching for reviews online when I came to this thread. I have yet to come to a conclusion, so I spent the money and ordered a bottle.

It says it'll arrive in a week or so, and I'll try it out and let you know what the results are. I took photos of my face today (depressing) in case there's a significant improvement to share.

Comment

I've been using BIOM8 for around 4 weeks now, I didn't want to leave a review of the product so soon in case my symptoms came back however I have been virtually symptom free for the 4 weeks. If anyone's interested I'll post a more detailed review of BIOM8.

Comment

I've been using it almost a month now and it's the best moisturiser I've tried so far but not a miracle worker. My face has been mostly symptom free but I've also been doing dead sea salt soak/rinse once in a while (not for a week now). Definitely worth trying. It's simple and feels good on the skin so you get kind of positive vibe even for that. I doubt it clears you up if you have a really bad flare up (or at least not that fast) but anyway so far so good and I'll continue using it. Hopefully they keep manufacturing it as long as needed

Comment

Originally posted by Jay2323 View Post
                              I've been using it almost a month now and it's the best moisturiser I've tried so far but not a miracle worker. My face has been mostly symptom free but I've also been doing dead sea salt soak/rinse once in a while (not for a week now). Definitely worth trying. It's simple and feels good on the skin so you get kind of positive vibe even for that. I doubt it clears you up if you have a really bad flare up (or at least not that fast) but anyway so far so good and I'll continue using it. Hopefully they keep manufacturing it as long as needed
                              Yeah I agree.

The BIOM8 works well but there's a ton of other things I've done in conjunction with using the BIOM8.

I've stopped smoking altogether, I've stopped drinking alcohol unless its a really special occasion, I don't eat any unhealthy processed foods and try to stick to whole foods (with some cheat days), stopped using all other products on my skin apart from BIOM8, go to the gym on a regular basis and I take some supplements (not sure how much those are helping)

Comment

Working...
                              X