• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• joellie
    replied
    to sally

Originally posted by Sally View Post
    I know it's not a quick option but use the advanced search in the top right-hand corner, or trawl through the 'Similar and Co-existing Conditions' forum which is teeming with suggestions. Especially read the posts by Tom Busby whose knowledge is second to none.

I went through the card and finally found a 'cure' (you never really cure seb derm, but you can keep it under control) by using the honey method - see Auburn's sticky which should be followed to the letter. Although I would strongly advise not to use coconut oil as this can feed the Malassezia, a yeast that most likely causes the problem in the first place.

Good luck!
    Hi Sally,
    Are you able to manage the flakes/patches down to zero?
    Like baby but - crystal clear skin 24/7?
    Is your skin texture – pore size still nice and not harmed by sd????????????
    Please put down your full remedie /routine
    Am pm. With all your products involved. instead of the coconut oil.
    Make me happy! If so you are my saving Angel.

Ime I need a cleanser instead of only honey cleansing.

thx

Leave a comment:

• Rory
    replied
    I have had Seb Derm for more years than I care to remember and it has never caused me to have a sleepless night. Even at its worst the itchy feeling was never enough to interupt any type of slumber. You could be suffering from a particular Tinea infection, Demodicosis or even Scabies. Who knows.There are many conditions which can mimic SD in appearance but the extreme itching at night is odd and I would strongly suggest you get another opinion. Stop putting Cortisone on your face or you may end up with bigger problems.

Leave a comment:

• Sally
    replied
    Originally posted by bstaunton View Post
    Hello,

I found this forum after another sleeplness night. I've had my SD for about 3 months now and I only received a definitive diagnosis about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that I had no idea and thought it was some kind of allergy or dry skin. Either way, during the flares I have not been able to sleep much at all and it's been driving me insane. My nose itches uncontrollably during the night and I may wake up 5-6 times and get no sleep practically. It's been very hard and so frustrating. I've been using cortisone cream for months to try to control the itching to no avail. My most recent appointment with the dermatologist suggested that I use Nizoral shampoo --and though it definitely helps, it's not enough to stop the itching and still I cannot seem to sleep. I've tried taking Benadryl and other anti-histamines, including prescription strength ones, which also don't work. I've practiced really good hygiene and try to keep everything extremely clean but so far nothing seems to help. I've tried using natural things like baking soda, apple cidar vinegar, but they don't seem to solve the problem either. So nights I can only sleep for 3 hours of extremely broken sleep and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like this. When these flares go away, I feel like I'm in heaven but it comes right back 4-6 days later.

Is anyone else losing a great deal of sleep over their SD? Any idea how to control this? It's mostly during the night that it is most problematic.
    I know it's not a quick option but use the advanced search in the top right-hand corner, or trawl through the 'Similar and Co-existing Conditions' forum which is teeming with suggestions. Especially read the posts by Tom Busby whose knowledge is second to none.

I went through the card and finally found a 'cure' (you never really cure seb derm, but you can keep it under control) by using the honey method - see Auburn's sticky which should be followed to the letter. Although I would strongly advise not to use coconut oil as this can feed the Malassezia, a yeast that most likely causes the problem in the first place.

Good luck!

Leave a comment:

• bstaunton
    started a topic Cannot Control my Sebborheic Dermatitus

Cannot Control my Sebborheic Dermatitus

Hello,

I found this forum after another sleeplness night. I've had my SD for about 3 months now and I only received a definitive diagnosis about 3 weeks ago. Prior to that I had no idea and thought it was some kind of allergy or dry skin. Either way, during the flares I have not been able to sleep much at all and it's been driving me insane. My nose itches uncontrollably during the night and I may wake up 5-6 times and get no sleep practically. It's been very hard and so frustrating. I've been using cortisone cream for months to try to control the itching to no avail. My most recent appointment with the dermatologist suggested that I use Nizoral shampoo --and though it definitely helps, it's not enough to stop the itching and still I cannot seem to sleep. I've tried taking Benadryl and other anti-histamines, including prescription strength ones, which also don't work. I've practiced really good hygiene and try to keep everything extremely clean but so far nothing seems to help. I've tried using natural things like baking soda, apple cidar vinegar, but they don't seem to solve the problem either. So nights I can only sleep for 3 hours of extremely broken sleep and I'm not sure how much longer I can go on like this. When these flares go away, I feel like I'm in heaven but it comes right back 4-6 days later.

Is anyone else losing a great deal of sleep over their SD? Any idea how to control this? It's mostly during the night that it is most problematic.
Working...
X